Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2249 2250 [2251] 2252 2253 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2010947 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #33750 on: May 08, 2020, 06:32:48 PM »

Fraudulent Farts.
Flynn’s  conversation with Kisylak was above board and perfectly legal.
The FBI and Justice knew that ( since the conservation was taped and then used illegally under FISA law) and were ready to close the case on him and  collusion. But the Comey hatched the plan to entrap him.
Your reference to Flynn and Turkey has no connection to reality.
Fraudfarts.

FIFY, you flatulent bastard.

https://www.dcreport.org/2020/05/08/how-barr-is-advancing-trumps-quest-to-become-president-for-life/

Putin Puppet Plague death toll here hits 80,000 tomorrow. Take that Sweden. Trump out kills you bigly with his idiocy spite and negligence.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 06:37:35 PM by facilitatorn »
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #33751 on: May 08, 2020, 06:36:07 PM »

Can a state add a literacy test to its electoral process in 2020?

Perhaps Trump should keep a safe distance from Miller, or ban him from the WH.

That is, a Steve Miller Ban

I need space covid
But I won't put on a mask
I need space covid
but I don't know where you're at
Yeah, yeah, yeah,

Highlight of my afternoon so far

You’re the sickest thing I ever did see
Sure do hate your headaches and I wish I could breathe...

I see a yellow man, a brown man
A white man, a red man
Lookin' for Uncle Sam
To give you a helpin' hand
But everybody's kickin' sand
Even politicians
We're living in a plastic land
Somebody give me a hand, yeah

Somebody give me a cheeseburger!

barton

« Reply #33753 on: May 08, 2020, 06:43:09 PM »

I'm hoping Redward, our constitutional scholar,  can explain how this is cool.
What constitutional issue are you raising?

Given the differential access such restrictions (see my quote from The Guardian in previous post)  create for poor people (go buy a scanner right now,  single mom!) and the elderly with either mobility or technology issues or both,  let's consider the possibility that these state laws that are weighted against minority and Democrat voters are more aftershocks from the unfortunate decision of Shelby County v Holder.   I will quote Patrick Leahy on the matter of restoring the full Constitutional strength of the Voting Rights Act:

In the wake of Shelby County – which gutted Section 5 of the Voting Right Acts and consequently crippled the federal government’s ability to prevent discriminatory changes to state voting laws – states have unleashed this torrent of voter suppression schemes. Because of a single, misguided, 5 to 4 decision, the federal government can no longer effectively serve as a shield against disenfranchisement operations targeting minorities and the disadvantaged across the country. The proliferation of threats to the right to vote in the wake of Shelby County makes it unmistakably clear why we need the full protections of the Voting Rights Act. That is why I am introducing the Voting Rights Advancement Act of 2019 to restore Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act, improve and modernize that landmark legislation, and provide the federal government with other critical tools to combat this full-fledged assault on the franchise.

What could you possibly object to regarding the advancement of access to voting for all citizens?   Hmm.
I sense your frustration.
But your gripes are with Congress and the State legislatures, not the Constitution.

What an odd reply.   I never said otherwise.   Yes,  of course the problem is with legislatures that essentially violate the VRA and the Constitution upon which it is grounded.   And so the problem is with Congress in not restoring the full strength of the VRA, as Leahy suggests it do.  As a constitutional scholar,  I'm sure you understand how important are federal laws that give our Constitution its fullest realization.  And allow all Oklahomans to vote,  unhindered. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33754 on: May 08, 2020, 06:53:06 PM »

I think you are still not fully informed on Sweden.  You think they had no "lockdown", no recommendations to their public at all.  Not the case.

No, Kid. They had no lockdown.

They had recommendations and I have said that already.

Josh I am not keeping score here - have more important matters of concern

If they were out and about at restaurants and the like......

shame on those 70 year olds

Right, Needs?  (fucking clown)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33756 on: May 08, 2020, 07:04:28 PM »

Neighbors' numbers when societies are similar are the only valid comparisons.

Check Belgium

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #33757 on: May 08, 2020, 07:07:20 PM »

What an odd reply.   I never said otherwise.   Yes,  of course the problem is with legislatures that essentially violate the VRA and the Constitution upon which it is grounded.   And so the problem is with Congress in not restoring the full strength of the VRA, as Leahy suggests it do.  As a constitutional scholar,  I'm sure you understand how important are federal laws that give our Constitution its fullest realization.  And allow all Oklahomans to vote,  unhindered.
What legislatures have violated the Voting Rights Act ?
SCOTUS overturned parts of the law but Congress can act.
You don’t like the Oklahoma legislative action?
What is your constitutional question to me?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33758 on: May 08, 2020, 07:08:51 PM »

Bars remained open.

Table service

Recommended distancing

You and Needs had a different picture - of a packed 4 deep at the bar gathering.

Nope.  Unless they werent adhering.

barton

« Reply #33759 on: May 08, 2020, 07:11:26 PM »

Good,  the Steve Miller jokes have been made already.   

Jan. 21st, it'll be "go on,  take the money and run." 

Fly like an eagle,  overseas...

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33760 on: May 08, 2020, 07:28:23 PM »

You've only change to the "don't compare numbers with neighbors" bullshit because the numbers you kept trying to compare ("fewer tests," for example) didn't work. If the numbers were in your favor, you would keep trotting them out the same way you kept bringing out the French sham study on hydroxychloroquine.

Just a little thing -

you went right to Taiwan....

no noting travellers from other Scandinavian nations compared to Sweden

bankshot1

• View Profile

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #33762 on: May 08, 2020, 07:59:56 PM »

The prosecutors had legitimate  reasons to talk to Flynn while pursuing “collusion”. ( even if they were dishonest in how they set it up)   And what happened. They found no collusion.   But the FBI kept the case open and found a “ lie”.

Such garbage.  I mean what does this even mean?  A witness can lie to the FBI but if no underlying crime is ever proven, those lies are not unlawful?  If you obstruct and get off due to the obstruction its all good?  You get how dumb that is?

Mueller said that Flynn gave valuable information to the investigation after he plead guilty and cooperated.  Yeah, they "kept the case open" because they were fucking investigating it.

And you accuse me of wearing a tin hat?

Facts:

Flynn called the Russian Ambassador on the day Obama announced sanctions against Russia because of their attack on our elections.
In the call with Kislyak, Flynn told him not to worry, that a Trump Administration would not be taking those sanctions further.
Fractured facts.
Flynn’s  conversation with Kisylak was above board and perfectly legal.
Lying about it was not.
The FBI and Justice knew that ( since the conservation was taped and then used illegally under FISA law)
No, they had a FISA warrant. I sense your frustration but your gripe is with the FISA judge.
and were ready to close the case on him and  collusion. But the Comey hatched the plan to entrap him.
Flynn may not have been a subject but collusion was not a closed case. Not even close. Flynn had information germane to the ongoing investigation, and the FBI wanted to flip him to get him to cooperate.  And no one can trap you into a lie to the FBI unless YOU LIE TO THE FBI.
Your reference to Flynn and Turkey has no connection to reality.
Flynn admitted to being an unregistered agent for Turkey.

Inappropriate word omitted from your post.
The FISA taps were leaked to Obama “ officials” and the New York Times, a Felony. The entire Collusion hoax was a joke (legally)by January of 2017 and the Comey group needed a way to continue the investigation and get rid of Flynn.
Hence, entrapment.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #33764 on: May 08, 2020, 08:14:47 PM »

FARKAS!!!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem-congressional-candidate-in-released-transcript-admits-she-didnt-know-about-trump-russia-collusion

You won't be disapponted kid, eventually Trump farks everything he touchs

Trump had a good week

People are dieing with no end in sight

people are losing their jobs on a scale which eclipses the Great Depression

We will likely not escape this plague and its economic repercussions for years

and you think Trump had a good week.

that my friend is whistling past the graveyard

I'd hate to see what happens on a bad week.

Pages: 1 ... 2249 2250 [2251] 2252 2253 ... 4288