Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2256 2257 [2258] 2259 2260 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2011280 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
get out your scales
« Reply #33855 on: May 09, 2020, 05:54:38 PM »

Biden should use the Obamas during the campaign.
What's Trump gonna do?  Counter with W Bush?

And the historical comparison is important.
Look at the last two GOP Presidents -- Trump and W Bush.  Fucking disasters.
Compare to Obama and Clinton.
Easy to make the case for Biden on that alone, if you wade into things.

You know, Clinton surplus v. Bush deficits and Depression.
Stopping the war in Kosovo and the Dayton Accords v. invading Iraq for no reason and ruining much of the ME.
Obamacare insuring 10's of millions v. 100K dying from Trump incompetence.
Etfuckingc.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 05:58:30 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #33856 on: May 09, 2020, 06:08:55 PM »

When this is handed off to Biden, how many of you - and how often - will be saying, "well, this is the hand Joe was dealt"?

Will there be any level critique - or will it all be sent back to the beginning?

CARETAKER presidency indeed.  Such brilliance about to be bestowed upon us.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #33857 on: May 09, 2020, 06:14:59 PM »

Bush was handed a surplus and booming economy.
Obama was handed a shit sandwich.  Recall the jokes about the black guy always being hired to clean up the white guy's mess.
The virus wasn't trump's fault but the terrible response and extended devastation was.  And Biden, if he wins, will get another crappy deal.  An enormous deficit, a creaky, trying to restart economy, etc.  Very unfortunate how the GOP leaders screw up so the DEM takeover and are hamstrung.  Of course the tax cuts and resulting deficits intentionally foster that dynamic.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33858 on: May 09, 2020, 06:16:40 PM »

knew he couldn't stay presidential

Like Trump ...

Obama was perfectly presidential while he was President

Former presidents should refrain from critiquing current/ future admins.  Just the way it has always been - out of respect for the office.

Bartlett laid off Vinnick during the nuclear plant crisis....

Sorkin - a Democratic hero - got it right.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #33859 on: May 09, 2020, 06:34:00 PM »

Former presidents should refrain from critiquing current/ future admins.  Just the way it has always been - out of respect for the office.

Current presidents should refrain from critiquing past/future admins.  Just the way it has always been--out of respect for the office.

"I like your smile, and your fingertips
I like the way that you move your hips
I like the cool way you look at me
Everything about you is bringing me misery..."--Bob Dylan

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #33860 on: May 09, 2020, 06:37:38 PM »

You've long expressed your view that Trump being a different kind of President is something admirable.

Why do you have a problem with Obama being a different kind of ex-President?  Aside from the obvious reason.
"I like your smile, and your fingertips
I like the way that you move your hips
I like the cool way you look at me
Everything about you is bringing me misery..."--Bob Dylan

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33861 on: May 09, 2020, 06:38:34 PM »

Respect for the office comes with the irrefutable mountain of evidence that trump has no respect for the office, the government, the constitution, or the people.

“I learned a lot from Nixon.”

He didn’t lean about environmental stewardship or improving relations with China, that is for sure.

Respect for the office and the nation requires loud damnation and active opposition and usurpation of the trump administration for however long it stands. 
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

barton

« Reply #33862 on: May 09, 2020, 06:42:51 PM »

No idea what that BIA letter means referring to "individual's constitutional rights."
Idiots.

I gave you the short, definitive statement on the matter

Ball is in the tribe's court - to contact the state for a meeting.

Incorrect.   With all due respect,  your knowledge of this topic is minimal.  The tribe has been in constant contact with the state,  and even had some assistance from them in how to set up checkpoints along US 212, and elsewhere.   It's the BIA,  a federal agency, that has tossed a wrench in the process and asserted a federal right-of-way that neither Cheyenne nor Sioux, as sovereign people, have ever granted.   Noem took this BIA interference as her cue to start pounding on her shield.   

Before further uninformed remarks emanate from you,  I'd also advise learning what's going on in the Navajo nation,  in the three states in the SW,  and why their CV19 rate is near that of NY and NJ.   

barton

« Reply #33863 on: May 09, 2020, 06:55:26 PM »

You've long expressed your view that Trump being a different kind of President is something admirable.

Why do you have a problem with Obama being a different kind of ex-President?  Aside from the obvious reason.

The answer rhymes with "puppity." 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #33864 on: May 09, 2020, 07:01:56 PM »

I understand Obama holds President Bartlett and his adminstrations in the highest regards, but rightly questioned President Muffley's poor internal controls which enabled a rogue general to start a nuclear confrontation with the USSR.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33865 on: May 09, 2020, 07:32:47 PM »

No idea what that BIA letter means referring to "individual's constitutional rights."
Idiots.

I gave you the short, definitive statement on the matter

Ball is in the tribe's court - to contact the state for a meeting.

It's like you didn't read the tribe's letter, Kid.

They've been talking with the state all along. They also disagree with the BIA assertion that the state owns the road as it passes through their land.

You gave a short, misleading statement on the matter.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33866 on: May 09, 2020, 07:34:38 PM »

We also need to consider who our enemies are.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/08/lockdown-groups-far-right-links-coronavirus-protests-american-revolution?fbclid=IwAR2_d2BRKdrh8NWZ0XlGGuZjWcJI-eaGy2yiG6iUaCvSknmnhOKv2AepjQs

Yes, enemies. Not opposition. Not concerned citizens. Enemies - people who are threatening us, both indirectly and, at times, directly.

People who are threatening me.

Extremists.

Another group was behind the Boston rally.

You ARE them.  Just on the extreme other side.

Stay down the middle, folks, with the 93.7% of us.

Seen me threaten the lives of all Christians, Kid? See me putting up rhetoric publicly attacking them? Or even here?

The Alt-right folks are rallying with anti-Jewish rhetoric, among other things.

So, eat shit. Unless you are supporting them, in which case, eat shit and die.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33867 on: May 09, 2020, 07:35:35 PM »

Former President Barack Obama on Friday said that the Trump administration’s response to the coronavirus pandemic has been an “absolute chaotic disaster” and blamed it on a “selfish” and “tribal” mindset that has become operationalized in government.

“This election that’s coming up on every level is so important because what we’re going to be battling is not just a particular individual or a political party. What we’re fighting against is these long-term trends in which being selfish, being tribal, being divided, and seeing others as an enemy — that has become a stronger impulse in American life"

knew he couldn't stay presidential

Might not. But he hasn't stopped yet.

Love your accusing others of being irrational and extreme, while posting bullshit responses like this.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33868 on: May 09, 2020, 07:36:57 PM »

O's yesterday's news

Must be why Ward keeps talking about him and his administration.

And why Trump remains focused on him, as well. "Obama left us with no working tests!"

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: get out your scales
« Reply #33869 on: May 09, 2020, 07:41:18 PM »

Biden should use the Obamas during the campaign.
What's Trump gonna do?  Counter with W Bush?

I think Bush is more likely to campaign against Bush at this point.

Wouldn't bet on his doing either. Laura on the other hand...
Pages: 1 ... 2256 2257 [2258] 2259 2260 ... 4288