The vaccine for the novel coronavirus should be

available to all Americans
- 4 (100%)
available only to Americans who can afford $3000 or whose insurance covers it
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: March 04, 2020, 12:32:27 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2325 2326 [2327] 2328 2329 ... 2449

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 345790 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #34890 on: May 22, 2020, 10:22:51 PM »

Black Hills Bighorn Mountains Historical Foundation commissioned an art piece to Commemorate the 120th Anniversary of the Little Big HornBighorn. When the painting was unveiled all present were shocked by what was represented. In the center of the Painting was a large throne upon which sat a fish with a halo and that fish was surrounded by hundreds of Sioux engaged in various forms of sexual intercourse.

The board members were furious and one dowager cried, “What is the  meaning of this?”
The artist replied, “It’s my interpretation of Custer’s last words... Holy mackerel! Look at all the fucking Indians!”

It's a classic.   I suggest a small tweak,  for geographical accuracy.

The battle was in the Powder River country, a couple hundred miles northwest of the Black Hills.
“To be led by a fool is to be lead by the opportunists who control the fool." - Octavia Butler

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #34891 on: May 22, 2020, 10:24:00 PM »

“To be led by a fool is to be lead by the opportunists who control the fool." - Octavia Butler

barton

• View Profile
« Reply #34892 on: May 22, 2020, 10:33:53 PM »

I once heard it with “Holy Cow!”

Ha!   Yeah,  sounds familiar to me,  too.   Mackerel is a funnier mental image,  tho.

I've got to hand it to Josh - even his echoes are well researched.
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. "

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #34893 on: May 22, 2020, 11:26:11 PM »

Well I got thrown off Twitter for the day..

Terence k. Williams tried to clap back at me and I got the boot. I guess my arrow hit the mark.

Almost sorry what’s his face isn’t here to call me a racist.

https://www.facebook.com/1353459319/posts/10222468480884821/

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #34894 on: May 22, 2020, 11:38:25 PM »

- Peace, Minneapolis, Peace, New York -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34895 on: May 22, 2020, 11:41:26 PM »

The Secretary of State of Michigan is a criminal, according to the president, for sending out 7.7 million absentee ballots "without authorization." Trump explained that this will lead to great voter fraud.

1) The SoS of Michigan did not send out 7.7 million absentee ballots. Applications were sent out.
2) Sending out absentee ballot applications is legal
3) The SoS is authorized to do that and needs nobody else's say so to do it.
4) There is no evidence to support Trump's claims of rampant voter fraud in Michigan or anywhere else.

The small VA study that found hydroxychloroquine is more often harmful than helpful was authored by enemies of the Trump administration, if the president is to be believed. No evidence, just hand-waving.

The president was named Michigan Man-of-the-Year, despite nobody's remembering it and there not being any such award.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/05/23/president-trump-statement-false-inaccurate-fact-check-michigan-voting-hydroxychloroquine-orig-me.cnn

There may be something he will not lie about, but we haven't found it yet.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34896 on: May 23, 2020, 12:31:40 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34897 on: May 23, 2020, 12:36:15 AM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 12:39:35 AM by LarryBnDC »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
- Peace, Minneapolis, Peace, New York -

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #34901 on: May 23, 2020, 03:40:25 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/politics/white-house-portrait-unveilings/index.html

heh

Another day, another bit of petty BS and all you have to say is "heh."

No opinions about the proposed first nuke test since 1992?

Nothing to say about his assertion that he has the power to dictate the churches be opened?

No deep applause for the former "Michigan Man of the Year?"

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34902 on: May 23, 2020, 03:46:41 AM »

https://www.indianz.com/News/2020/05/22/propublica-former-trump-aide-provided-fa.asp?fbclid=IwAR3KsEHRl1gmPq9TEKnLVhl0RLXUV9d1dDWuuTQvJ4WQpu2iweBRNlZe4dQ

Former Trump aide seems to have provided faulty masks to the Indian Health Service.

A former White House aide won a $3 million federal contract to supply respirator masks to Navajo Nation hospitals in New Mexico and Arizona 11 days after he created a company to sell personal protective equipment in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

Zach Fuentes, President Donald Trump’s former deputy chief of staff, secured the deal with the Indian Health Service with limited competitive bidding and no prior federal contracting experience.

The IHS told ProPublica it has found that 247,000 of the masks delivered by Fuentes’ company — at a cost of roughly $800,000 — may be unsuitable for medical use. An additional 130,400, worth about $422,000, are not the type specified in the procurement data, the agency said.

What’s more, the masks Fuentes agreed to provide — Chinese-made KN95s — have come under intense scrutiny from U.S. regulators amid concerns that they offered inadequate protection.

barton

• View Profile
« Reply #34903 on: May 23, 2020, 10:40:11 AM »

Trump is a less articulate version of Big Dan Teague.   
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. "

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #34904 on: May 23, 2020, 11:25:27 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/politics/white-house-portrait-unveilings/index.html

heh

I’m shocked!

One would think Trump would jump at the chance to hang a black man in the Whitehouse.
Pages: 1 ... 2325 2326 [2327] 2328 2329 ... 2449