Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2340 2341 [2342] 2343 2344 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584853 times)

luee

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #35115 on: May 25, 2020, 03:25:52 PM »

On memorial day remember the Donald bribed his way out of Vietnam.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35116 on: May 25, 2020, 03:30:50 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #35118 on: May 25, 2020, 04:55:56 PM »

What Luee said.

You realize how bad things have become?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #35119 on: May 25, 2020, 04:58:56 PM »

Indeed.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35121 on: May 25, 2020, 05:05:50 PM »

The Devil is in the details.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #35122 on: May 25, 2020, 05:44:41 PM »

Income is a factor.

You have to have the ability to navigate the system the time to do so and the mobility to access the services.

If the Republicans had spent the past ten years trying to make the system work instead of trying to take it apart...

A good read on the gaps in the system, difficulties navigating a hodge-podge of programs, and some ideas on how to streamline/remedy things:

Not much of a Safety Net: Millions of Americans lost their Health Care and Apartments when COVID-19 Took their Jobs

Obamacare literally saved my life.

I didn’t qualify for a really good plan until I got fired and qualified for unemployment.
Then I got a Cadillac plan called MEDICAID.

Cardiology
Orthopedic care
Ophthalmology
Dental
Nephrologist
Psychotherapy
Podiatry

I’m able to navigate the system because I have a masters degree in strategic communication.
Nothing like getting bureaucrats to WANT to help you.

After a year I also got rid of all my white doctors except the only woman, the cardiologist who was the first doctor to diagnose SVT (Supra Ventricular Tachycardia) which I have had recurring events since my 20s. Every other doc chalked it up to anxiety attacks.

I moved my care to Howard Hospital and chose specific practices within the system based on the theorem most of these doctors have old black grandfathers and when grandpa says something hurts they tend to believe him.

But I have a couple cars which gives me mobility and thereby increased my options.

Only thing that sucked was having to be personally broke but that was tempered by having no rent or mortgage and the wife on retirement.

You do what you have to do.

I also disc
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #35123 on: May 25, 2020, 05:48:59 PM »

I am opposed to diagnoses by people who have not worked directly with the person about whom the diagnosis is offered.

Still, this is an interesting hypothesis:

Watch the video of him from today at Arlington.

This the reason the GOP is pushing the Joe Biden ‘Cognitive decline’ stuff they keep pushing through the Bernie Bros.

The “I’m rubber, you’re glue” strategy

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #35124 on: May 25, 2020, 05:51:44 PM »

I would guess Trump does Abbott test.

https://www.abbott.com/IDNOW.html

How many false negatives do you suppose he has had?

Less than 10%, like everyone

but very likely none

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #35125 on: May 25, 2020, 06:00:34 PM »

Sure.  Its documented

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
OFF-TOPIC - but for everybody still learning or with kids!
« Reply #35126 on: May 25, 2020, 06:28:28 PM »

https://link.springer.com/search?query=&showAll=false&facet-content-type=%22Book%22&package=mat-covid19_textbooks

Springer is allowing free downloads of more than 300 of their textbooks, across all disciplines. I strongly encourage folks to take a look.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35127 on: May 25, 2020, 07:27:24 PM »

According to a leaked Pentagon memo, defense officials are planning for the possibility of managing the COVID-19 pandemic well into 2021. Are you surprised by reports of the military / Department of Defense actively planning extended coronavirus preparations that do not align with White House messaging?

57% were not surprised at all.
25% were not very surprised.
5% were somewhat surprised.
7% were very surprised.
6% had no opinion or said "other."

595 respondents.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #35128 on: May 25, 2020, 07:52:46 PM »

This Memorial Day, I’m thinking about what images in array or montage accompanying the words, “human stock capital” best convey the ethos of the republican party as it exists today.

Hart Island

Baby Cages

San Ysidro

Tyson food plants

Elmhurst Hospital

Bread lines

Fulfillment centers

Federal pens

Pickers in fields of strawberries and tomatoes

Nazi rallies in US cities

In situ bodies of those gunned down in public

People lighting the gasses coming out the spouts of their kitchen sinks on fire

Richard P. Feynman

oilcan

« Reply #35129 on: May 25, 2020, 08:08:03 PM »

This Memorial Day, I’m thinking about what images in array or montage accompanying the words, “human stock capital” best convey the ethos of the republican party as it exists today....

People lighting the gasses coming out...

Am so glad that sentence ended with kitchen sink taps! 

Have a fine Memorial Day y'all.

Those frontotemporal dementia symptoms... maybe,  but I'd say "loss of empathy" is not one of DT's symptoms.   Don't think he ever had any to lose.   
Pages: 1 ... 2340 2341 [2342] 2343 2344 ... 4288