Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2439 2440 [2441] 2442 2443 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1998820 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #36600 on: June 04, 2020, 05:35:55 PM »

Trump is angling for the full Qaddafi, bayonet and all. It’s better treatment than he deserves at this point already, but we are a forgiving people.

Bambu, are you going to tell us what is wrong with each of the 9 ways you linked to or are going to try and get right about this?

I'm still going with "All lives matter".
Yes but once again, YOU ARE A RACIST.

If I were rich and lived in America I'd start a ALMBA, and the first person I'd hire as a commentator would be the guy sacked from his NBA job, and radio job for daring to give an honest "ALM" answer to a question from another person.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36601 on: June 04, 2020, 05:39:04 PM »

Why wouldn't Trump simply enter the church and say some prayers and come out and say that he prayed for the nation and he prayed for peace and he prayed for George Floyd and his family?

It'd be so easy, just answer the press questions about why he came and what he did.

No one in the WH could think of that?

It'd give a purpose to the visit, send a unifying/calming message, and avoid the awkward bible holding photo op, which was way too obviously just a political photo op.

He was sending a message to the faithful in the 'Christian' West, in particular USA, that everything would be ok, that he the leader has everything under control.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Police are Always Armed & Dangerous
« Reply #36602 on: June 04, 2020, 05:40:21 PM »

What do you do when the police start committing senseless violence, start rioting and endanger you and others?

I guess you try to record it, get to safety if possible and hope to survive the assault.

How about stay the fuck home?

Yes, exactly.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #36603 on: June 04, 2020, 05:45:01 PM »

Oh! those scientists!

Three authors of a large study that last month found antimalarials provided no benefit to treating Covid-19 infections, while increasing the risk of heart problems and death, retracted their findings.

We always aspire to perform our research in accordance with the highest ethical and professional guidelines,” said the authors, Mandeep Mehra, Frank Ruschitzka and Amit Patel. “We can never forget the responsibility we have as researchers to scrupulously ensure that we rely on data sources that adhere to our high standards. Based on this development, we can no longer vouch for the veracity of the primary data sources.”

If we have one certainty throughout this ordeal with COVID-19 it is certainly that we know absolutely nothing
for

CERTAIN

https://www.wsj.com/articles/authors-retract-study-that-found-risks-of-using-antimalaria-drug-against-covid-19-11591299329?mod=mhp

We know for certain covid-19 was called a hoax and a politcal ploy by Trump.

and we know for certain he wasted time before taking any actiion.

and we know for certain his administration ignored warnings and the playbook to handle a like-epidemic

and we know for certain that his ineptitude and incompetence costs tens of thousands of deaths and trillions of dollars in economic loss.

and we know for certain Red would rather distract from the death and depression that his corrupt and feeble dictatorwannabe has brought to us.

and we know Red is a fucking racist fascist willing to sell his country out for a few pennies

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #36604 on: June 04, 2020, 05:57:14 PM »

Clever Churchgoers Avoid Arrest By Disguising Themselves As Rioters,”
Babylon Bee

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36605 on: June 04, 2020, 05:59:04 PM »

Now white males are being shafted, the only group left you can beat up with impunity, not for long though...we are fast getting a voice.

Yeah, white males have been oppressed and silenced for too long ...

Jeezus, you are pathetic.
And the voice that is developing is outwardly racist and crybaby whining that they have to share with blacks and browns and females. 

Btw, white males have fucked up the world pretty badly (communism, fascism, endless wars, racism, pollution, etc.)

And yes, you have benefited from the past genocide of the natives and racism against people of color.

So what should happen to white male me now?

We can’t expect you to quit your right wing drivel cold turkey, so for every hour you listen to or watch or read your usual news, spend two reading, watching, or listening to left wing drivel. The 2 for 1 ratio is to give you time to catch up on the details of what life looks like from another side. Find videos of religious services not of your own, try to absorb what is going on and the feeling of the people. So far none of this requires you leaving your house. I’m not suggesting any of that for you as it’s probably beyond your reach at this point.

A simpler option is to go back about 60 or 70 pages in this thread and read everything linked by anyone who isn’t Red or Kiid.

Trust doctors over demagogues, scientists over shills, and activists over advertisers.

Someone said something to the this effect, “You treat me as you treat the least of my brothers and sisters”. Try to live by that.

Aussies, at great expense and effort, shipped their asses all over the world in the great wars because “law and order” without the consent of the governed is pure thuggery. If Aussies then thought it was worth laying down their lives to stop that kind of thuggery, you only do them honor if you refuse to support it now.

Capitalism and Christianity often present you with conflicting imperatives. If the west is very capitalist then it is hardly Christian and visa versa. Since the west is clearly very capitalist, think about all that implies.

It may be that based on the number of people and the volume of transit and communication, along with the level of tools available to capture and analyze data, the system you’ve supported and that supported you was the best possible way to live in its time. No shame or demerits will be assigned to you for getting here the way you have, but if you follow half the suggestions above, you will see more of how and why it’s not working for almost everybody now and you’ll find where there are some really good (and at least as many not so good) ideas about how to make things work better for many more people going forward.

Doctors, vets? ...they amputate the wrong limbs!
Other religions? ...they can keep them to themselves...they don't like me, so I'm not liking them!
Social-capitalism [Australia] is fine.

Support the Left/Far Left worldwide?  No thank you.
Support:

. Political correctness, illegal immigration, open borders, communism, people-smuggled asylum seekers, sanctuary cities, tolerance [for things that should never be tolerated]?    No thank you.

I support Trump's wall, 'closed' borders, low-level legal immigration only [and only from some countries], 'towing back the boats', law and order, properly run border forces/customs enforcement.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 06:00:59 PM by bambu. »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36606 on: June 04, 2020, 06:02:41 PM »

Former Defense Sec james Mattis slames Trump

A fair number of GOPers coming out against Trump.

Need to start a Draft Romney campaign. Bring back Anybody But Trump.
Start a Patriots Against Trump movement.  Get GOPers on board and military and non-partisan professionals.  Time to take back the GOP party from the horrors of Trumpism.  Time for the GOP civil war.

I up Trump not running to 38.9% ...

Why in the world should we rescue the GOP?

Whip their ass at the ballot box from sea to shining sea.

Latest poll shows that 70% of Australians want Biden as President.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #36607 on: June 04, 2020, 06:04:48 PM »

Oh! those scientists!

Three authors of a large study that last month found antimalarials provided no benefit to treating Covid-19 infections, while increasing the risk of heart problems and death, retracted their findings.

We always aspire to perform our research in accordance with the highest ethical and professional guidelines,” said the authors, Mandeep Mehra, Frank Ruschitzka and Amit Patel. “We can never forget the responsibility we have as researchers to scrupulously ensure that we rely on data sources that adhere to our high standards. Based on this development, we can no longer vouch for the veracity of the primary data sources.”

If we have one certainty throughout this ordeal with COVID-19 it is certainly that we know absolutely nothing
for

CERTAIN

https://www.wsj.com/articles/authors-retract-study-that-found-risks-of-using-antimalaria-drug-against-covid-19-11591299329?mod=mhp

We know for certain covid-19 was called a hoax and a politcal ploy by Trump.

and we know for certain he wasted time before taking any actiion.

and we know for certain his administration ignored warnings and the playbook to handle a like-epidemic

and we know for certain that his ineptitude and incompetence costs tens of thousands of deaths and trillions of dollars in economic loss.

and we know for certain Red would rather distract from the death and depression that his corrupt and feeble dictatorwannabe has brought to us.

and we know Red is a fucking racist fascist willing to sell his country out for a few pennies

Hardly a surprise, Banks, to those paying attention LOL, but you have JimRedNuts down to a Tee
or more apropos down to a Trump.  Nice job.

Hey Deej
how you doing?

Reading Red is easy, just like reading a book. except the book is "Mein Kampf"

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36608 on: June 04, 2020, 06:08:23 PM »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36609 on: June 04, 2020, 06:09:39 PM »

Trump is angling for the full Qaddafi, bayonet and all. It’s better treatment than he deserves at this point already, but we are a forgiving people.

Bambu, are you going to tell us what is wrong with each of the 9 ways you linked to or are going to try and get right about this?

If I were rich and lived in America I'd start a ALMBA, and the first person I'd hire as a commentator would be the guy sacked from his NBA job, and radio job for daring to give an honest "ALM" answer to a question from another person.
Why? We already have the Klan for people like you.
A parrot bit me.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36610 on: June 04, 2020, 06:12:47 PM »

Like we said. You're a racist.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36611 on: June 04, 2020, 06:13:36 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #36612 on: June 04, 2020, 06:13:55 PM »

Why in the world should we rescue the GOP?

No, my goal is to cause dissension in their ranks.
Get them to bail on Trump, but it'll be too late and he'll lose in a landslide if even half the GOP party has turned on him.

Biden should reach out and ask Romney if he wants to join the Democratic party.
Stir shit up.  Force the GOP into turmoil. 
Go for a landslide where it's Biden, a Dem Senate and a Dem House.
And then get those fuckers in line and enact genuine progressive legislation.
A wealth tax, minimum corp tax of 15%, Medicare for All, boost solar and wind over fossil fuel, $15 minimum wage, police reforms, prison reforms, repeal drug prohibition, climate change, reclaim US leadership in the world, etc.

Of course Biden doesn't support half that shit, so we'll see.
But run the trifecta and be freakin' bold.
Push the pendulum Leftwards.

The pendulum is pushing leftward as the feds (Feds are first line of national defense throwing governors under the bus lets national leadership off the hook) allowed the unchecked spread of the virus.

Obama reached across the aisle, Democratic Senator sought compromise and got NOTHING for their concessions.

Fuck the GOP. We don’t get fooled again.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/12/republican-party-obstructionism-victory-trump-214498

They’re already in turmoil. Get the fuck out the way and let them kick their own ass.

The FOR PROFIT Healthcare system is dead and dying.

The fossil fuel industry is in its death throes because sustainable energy is more affordable and attainable than coal and oil. The ENERGY industry is dying because how much you charge fir sun and wind? 

Remember the stink over Solyndra? GOP opposed solar for so long it gave China an edge.

GOP exposed and killed high speed rail.

GOP rejected law enforcement reforms and tod cops its ok to fuck up black people.

I could go on but fuck the GOP! Billionaires who pay think tank millionaires to tell poor people to hate other poor people.

There is no redeemimg the party. It must go the way of the Whigs and Know Nothings

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36613 on: June 04, 2020, 06:15:40 PM »

Clever Churchgoers Avoid Arrest By Disguising Themselves As Rioters,”
Babylon Bee
10,000 people nationwide have been arrested at protests over the last week.

More Than 10,000 People Reportedly Arrested At U.S. Protests
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/10000-people-reportedly-arrested-at-us-protests_n_5ed8b55bc5b6f3c22ef01fc4
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #36614 on: June 04, 2020, 06:15:55 PM »

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/06/04/donald-trump-election-disruption-2020-294721

Good, important article.
Trump can still try to cheat his way to victory, especially if his inept handling of the virusif the rioters not social distancing means a public health emergency still exists in early NOV.

Fixed
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 06:19:25 PM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 2439 2440 [2441] 2442 2443 ... 4288