Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2452 2453 [2454] 2455 2456 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1998520 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #36795 on: June 05, 2020, 06:54:10 PM »

Fuck Maine Democrats

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-05/trump-forges-ahead-with-maine-visit-despite-warnings

Trump’s visit was designed to tout his administration’s efforts to bolster coronavirus testing, as he seeks to reverse public opinion of his handling of the pandemic. It’s also a chance for the president to set foot in a key area for his re-election as his response to nationwide protests against police brutality continues to draw widespread criticism.

Yet the decision to visit the state puzzled some Republicans, who point out that Collins has sought to keep her distance from Trump as she faces an uphill struggle for a fifth term -- a crucial race for the party to keep its narrow Senate majority. Colin Reed, a GOP strategist, said Collins would have to “outrun” Trump in Maine if she hopes to win again, and a presidential visit isn’t something her campaign would request.

“If he goes to these blue, purple and battleground states, it’s going to create headaches for the Republican incumbents running for re-election who not only have to deal with the shaky national tide, but then have to deal with his presence in the state and everything that goes with it,” Reed said.

Yeah, fuck those Democrats!!

Senator Susan Collins chose to stay in DC while Trump went on a campaign trip.

Fuck those Democrats!!

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36796 on: June 05, 2020, 06:56:02 PM »

You'd hope no one gets nailed to the cross of injustice in the rush to appease violent protesters.

We'd hope you could understand that nobody is rushing to appease violent protesters.

But we would hope much. You have shown a world class ability to ignore facts and reality.

Violent protesters are being appeased at every turn.
They demand, they get.

We'd hope you could understand that nobody is rushing to appease violent protesters.

But we would hope much. You have shown a world class ability to ignore facts and reality.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #36797 on: June 05, 2020, 07:03:20 PM »

Goodell takes a knee

apologizes over NFL's stance re Kap's protest

4 years too late

but he sees the howling winds of change and decides to take the wind

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36798 on: June 05, 2020, 07:04:37 PM »

They won't all get 40 years.  You really are an extremist.
Chauvin will get the harshest sentence. 
The other three will have significantly shorter ones.

You can't say what they'll get.
We live in extreme times.
The hatred of cops in America now...is red hot...seems to me...look around.

In America, you seem to get many years in prison for not doing much wrong. [I watch real crime stories from America too.]
And, you can end up on death row even if you're totally innocent.
When those "US prosecutors" get hold of you "anything" can happen.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36799 on: June 05, 2020, 07:05:57 PM »

Here's some of that appeasement that Bambi is lying about:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/us/buffalo-police-suspension-shoving-man-trnd/index.html

Based on the initial video, police issued a statement that said Gugino tripped and fell, police spokesman Mike DeGeorge told CNN.

After more videos became available, police amended that statement, and Buffalo Police Commissioner Byron Lockwood suspended the officers without pay and opened an investigation, he said.

"The department moved swiftly" and "corrected" the information, DeGeorge said.

But it's not just that they pushed over the 75 year old man without cause or need to do so, regardless of his having refused to leave (assuming he was told to).

It's that as he lay there, his head bleeding, after the push, the rest of the police stood around doing nothing.

They are to protect even those vicious 75 year olds who insist on violently standing in their way. They failed to come even close to that standard.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36800 on: June 05, 2020, 07:07:28 PM »

The hatred of cops in America now...is red hot...seems to me...lo

Yes, but you are a racist who cannot accept views other than the ones that agree with yours.

Ready to admit that climate change is caused by men, yet?

Read to admit that human action can have an impact, yet?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36801 on: June 05, 2020, 07:15:23 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/us/buffalo-police-suspension-shoving-man-trnd/index.html

Based on the initial video, police issued a statement that said Gugino tripped and fell, police spokesman Mike DeGeorge told CNN.

After more videos became available, police amended that statement, and Buffalo Police Commissioner Byron Lockwood suspended the officers without pay and opened an investigation, he said.

But it's not just that they pushed over the 75 year old man without cause or need to do so, regardless of his having refused to leave (assuming he was told to).

It's that as he lay there, his head bleeding, after the push, the rest of the police stood around doing nothing.

They are to protect even those vicious 75 year olds who insist on violently standing in their way. They failed to come even close to that standard.

It was after curfew, he should've obeyed the law and been at home.
Take on riot cops, you take your chances.
I saw the video. There was no need to push him as hard as one cop did...but, there's war on the streets, people are hyped up, going into violent battle.
You could always blame the violent protesters.
As soon as they saw the man bleeding the cops should've called an ambulance.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36802 on: June 05, 2020, 07:16:56 PM »

As always, Bambu, thank you for sharing your idiotic anguish with us. I feel like by interacting with you we are taking work from qualified Australian mental heath professionals or possibly Australian livestock handlers.

Having good information available is irrelevant to your ability form an accurate picture of what is happening in the world. Your brain is simply broken.

I expect you will keep up your bleating here rather than seek the help you clearly need. 
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36803 on: June 05, 2020, 07:18:35 PM »

Yes, but you are a racist who cannot accept views other than the ones that agree with yours.

Most climate change occurs naturally, ice ages come and go.
Human action has very little impact on climate change.
Trump can see it.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #36804 on: June 05, 2020, 07:19:47 PM »

He's a wise and compassionate man. “Hopefully, George is looking down right now and saying this is a great thing that’s happening for our country. It’s a great day for him, it’s a great day for everybody.”---Donald J. Trump
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36805 on: June 05, 2020, 07:22:47 PM »

As always, Bambu, thank you for sharing your idiotic anguish with us. I feel like by interacting with you we are taking work from qualified Australian mental heath professionals or possibly Australian livestock handlers.

Having good information available is irrelevant to your ability form an accurate picture of what is happening in the world. Your brain is simply broken.

I expect you will keep up your bleating here rather than seek the help you clearly need.

You didn't answer my question about if you'd been Kueng, Thao, and Lane what exactly you would've done to stop Chauvin.

Everyone in this forum should be saying what they would've actually done.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36806 on: June 05, 2020, 07:23:27 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/world/coronavirus-cases-rising-faster-intl/index.html

New cases are  expanding faster than ever, worldwide.

A new highest one day total came on June 3rd.

Separately, North Carolina, too, continues to see rising case numbers, doubling every 3 weeks. Gee, wonder why they want to be cautious about COVID-19 and the RNC Convention?! Florida is every month. Louisiana is ever 2 months (like MA and NH).

They could move it to Kansas (3 months to double) or Wyoming (4 months), or even Michigan (5 months!).

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/health/coronavirus-us-maps-and-cases/

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36807 on: June 05, 2020, 07:27:16 PM »

It was after curfew, he should've obeyed the law and been at home.
Take on riot cops, you take your chances.
I saw the video. There was no need to push him as hard as one cop did...but, there's war on the streets, people are hyped up, going into violent battle.
You could always blame the violent protesters.
As soon as they saw the man bleeding the cops should've called an ambulance.

So, the cops broke the law, but you defends them, because the other people broke the law?

Blame the violent protesters, none of whom are in the video?

"Take on riot cops, and you take your chances," because the riot cops are out of control and lawless?!

THAT is your argument?!

Yes, they should have called an ambulance. And they should have used their training to see to him. But they didn't.

Your argument is that we should appease the violent, lawless police.

I get it.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #36808 on: June 05, 2020, 07:31:44 PM »

You didn't answer my question about if you'd been Kueng, Thao, and Lane what exactly you would've done to stop Chauvin.

Everyone in this forum should be saying what they would've actually done.

I think there is one correct response, 'take your knee off his neck, you're choking the guy."

There were 4 cops there to subdue him if he resisted arrest.

I think we can agree  that as it regards Mr Floyd, they took the worst course of action.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36809 on: June 05, 2020, 07:34:26 PM »

Most climate change occurs naturally, ice ages come and go.
Human action has very little impact on climate change.
Trump can see it.

It's as if you ignored every bit of evidence from February through now.

China before Wuhan province shut down and a couple weeks after it.

North Carolina

California

This brief slowdown in activity won't stop global warming, but it clearly has an impact and the reason the impact is not larger is because the CO2 remains in the atmosphere for 4 years.

Everybody but you can see how human activity has a visible impact.

But like I said, above, Yes, but you are a racist who cannot accept views other than the ones that agree with yours. And in this case, an ignoramus, too.
Pages: 1 ... 2452 2453 [2454] 2455 2456 ... 4288