Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2457 2458 [2459] 2460 2461 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1998472 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #36871 on: June 06, 2020, 02:12:19 AM »

In America, you seem to get many years in prison for not doing much wrong.

Disproportionately longer sentences for African-American men than for white men. It's not even close. Ditto the parole rates.

I've only been trying to tell you this for a few years, now.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36872 on: June 06, 2020, 02:30:40 AM »

More "protect and serve," this time by the LAPD:

and

These are after they fired their rubber bullets straight at his face.

Note that he is a homeless man who was not involved in any protests.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36873 on: June 06, 2020, 02:37:42 AM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/06/05/trump-maine-puritan-throw-away-coronavirus-swabs/3153622001/?fbclid=IwAR0eaPYbCBHP0XE98nYBZQH0ePIb3isfk12xZWo_WAo8lyb5QU7EUXYyhb0

Trump toured a factory that was making swabs for testing.

"The running of the factory machines is very limited today and will only occur when the president is touring the facility floor," Virginia Templet, the company's marketing manager told USA TODAY in response to questions about the event. "Swabs produced during that time will be discarded."

Why?

Look at the picture:

He was, as  usual, without a mask. How can they be making sterile swabs for tests with him walking around like that?!

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36874 on: June 06, 2020, 02:49:57 AM »

I mentioned the story of the police arresting the family that owned a store instead of the looters, who then got away, previously.

That was aired by a local Fox affiliate.

When FoxNews national ran it, they cut out the parts that showed the police pulling their guns and handcuffing the owners.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-news/fox-news-edits-video-police-guns-drawn-cuffing-innocent-black-people-1009313/?fbclid=IwAR2TImte9xfUOGj7WSgH8dk5TMDhfO2dTR2OcaZwgQI28jEK3nux2I9E4sQ

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #36875 on: June 06, 2020, 03:14:12 AM »

Based on the initial video, police issued a statement that said Gugino tripped and fell, police spokesman Mike DeGeorge told CNN.

After more videos became available, police amended that statement, and Buffalo Police Commissioner Byron Lockwood suspended the officers without pay and opened an investigation, he said.

The initial police report on George Floyd stated that they found a counterfeit suspect sitting on the hood of a car.  They subdued him and then the suspect had a medical emergency.  Ambulance was called in.  No weapons of any kind were used.

(I should probably find the exact language, but that was basically it).

So no mention of excessive force, or any force, the police restraint didn't cause any problem, a medical event occurred which was looked after.  No weapons used or marks left on the suspect.   You can see the clear outlines of the cover-up if Floyd had lived or if there weren't any of those pesky videos.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 03:30:40 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #36876 on: June 06, 2020, 03:21:47 AM »

Most climate change occurs naturally, ice ages come and go.
Human action has very little impact on climate change.

And you know this because you've studied climatology and read the best science on the issue.  Or because a rightwing guy on OZ radio said so.

You don't think 6B people and 200 years of burning fossil fuels can affect the climate (and human health)?  And gee, there just happen to be a number of much safer, and soon to be much cheaper, fuel options out there.

For a variety of reasons, especially situating cities on coastlines, humans can be greatly affected by even small climate change.  It's mostly Big Oil, Bug Business and Greed opposing Science and Humanity.  Not hard to pick a side, especially since it is the one that is almost certainly right.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36877 on: June 06, 2020, 03:50:59 AM »

When I was in Tasmania, I noticed something odd about the sidewalk in one town.  They had these stone plaques built into the walkway featuring a name, their crime and punishment.  Most were akin to:
Mary Goodwife 
Stole 2 potatoes
4 years hard labor 

They also used to shave women's heads and put spiked collars on them, for 'conduct unbecoming a lady'.
Also used to chain women to a dog for a month.
Also flog people to death.

About a decade ago? in America
18 yr old Black teen male, had a sexual relationship of some sort with a 15 or 16 yr old male [as I remember it]...Black teen tossed in prison for 17 years.
Or something like that...anyway it was a total outrage.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36878 on: June 06, 2020, 03:55:06 AM »

More "protect and serve," this time by the LAPD:

and

These are after they fired their rubber bullets straight at his face.

Note that he is a homeless man who was not involved in any protests.

Total outrage.

Defund the police!
Time for the cops to all go!
Guns for the People!

If police are found to be needed, only people who pass the 'quality' test should be hired.
Trouble is, who'd want to do the job?
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36879 on: June 06, 2020, 04:01:19 AM »

Looking good on the streets of Sydney tonight.

Antifa has gone global!

Supreme Court upheld their appeal.

One man chanted "White Lives Matter", he was arrested.
Of course.

At least they were peaceful, if not all socially distanced.
And weren't burning any Australian flags this time [or the other night].

I was amused by the "Equality" banners, seeing as how I voted "Yes" in the 1967 referendum to grant Aboriginal people equality.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #36880 on: June 06, 2020, 04:08:19 AM »

The problem is that your first thought is to equate protesting with anarchy.

I equate protesting with freedom and accountability.  With the hope for change and trying to stop injustice and make things better.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36881 on: June 06, 2020, 04:11:06 AM »

Disproportionately longer sentences for African-American men than for white men. It's not even close. Ditto the parole rates.

I've only been trying to tell you this for a few years, now.

Same in Australia, ...mrs bambu [whose ancestry is Irish Catholic, Irish Protestant, English Protestant, and Aboriginal Australian in the mix [on a great parent's side]...explained it to me today when I asked her.
She also said that women in general in Australia receive lesser sentences that White men for the same crimes.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #36882 on: June 06, 2020, 04:14:19 AM »

https://www.inquirer.com/news/philadelphia-police-beating-temple-student-evan-gorski-protest-20200604.html?fbclid=IwAR2V7RD8ehuA7-0xj52ye4bKvMwGcmZV67lemA9zRDpd8ORYET_y8NgjXRg

Charges dropped after video seen.

On Friday, District Attorney Larry Krasner announced his intent to charge Officer Bologna with felony aggravated assault.

For cracking a kid's head open with a baton for no reason during a peaceful protest march.

More about the officer's various shady activities and some good deeds in his 31 year career.
https://www.inquirer.com/news/philadelphia-police-beating-joseph-bologna-temple-student-evan-gorski-protest-20200605.html
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36883 on: June 06, 2020, 04:20:19 AM »

The problem is that your first thought is to equate protesting with anarchy.

I equate protesting with freedom and accountability.  With the hope for change and trying to stop injustice and make things better.

If they have a permit and it's approved by the govt/cops, then it's fine.
If they just march thru the streets without a permit, disrupting society, it's anarchy.

Besides in the 'equality' placard in Sydney today, there was a 'freedom' one. Sheesh, Black folks have their own flag flying high around the nation on govt buildings. They have equality under the law, and in some places 'tribal law' is allowed...that's where they're allowed to spear a sinner in/thru the leg as punishment.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36884 on: June 06, 2020, 04:24:24 AM »

This is what was going on...they didn't get me, the abuse of me was different, in a different occupation, mental;

https://www.news.com.au/national/royal-commission-hears-cadets-were-raped-with-broomsticks-during-initiation-prank/news-story/d90adfcca2bd165b70b2e93df61b5a34

Royal Commission hears cadets were raped with broomsticks during ‘initiation prank’

ARMY cadets have told a royal commission they were raped with brooms and senior officers did nothing. WARNING: Graphic content

#####

Not only in the army either.

NYPD did the same to a suspect in custody inside a precinct. His name is Abner Louima.

Make the cops accountable, it's what should be happening, and long overdue in America obviously.
The justice has to be fair and balanced though.

Laughing so hard right now.

You want something else?
Unfair and unbalanced justice?
Pages: 1 ... 2457 2458 [2459] 2460 2461 ... 4288