Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2462 2463 [2464] 2465 2466 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1998371 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #36945 on: June 06, 2020, 12:21:15 PM »

You should give up, because you've had nothing persuasive despite infinite posts on the topic.  Your heart is way ahead of your brain on this.

I like Harris and she'd be my pick for Biden.
I'd really like to go Midwest if I felt any of them were ready or deserving.

What's Kamala's motivation?
Why does she want to be president (or VP)?

Why does ANYONE want to be president?

Yeah. I only live here.

Your heart is way ahead of your brain on this.

Of course it is. Otherwise what’s the fucking point?

How else do you make change? You don’t push the status quo it remains status quo and for too many status quo sucks.

You have to go for what you want to happen and have hope you get it done.

One of things we kept close in our spirit st Sojourners was, “Hope is believing in spite of the evidence and watching the evidence change.”

Another was, “Late to bed, early to rise keep the faith and organize.”

With this virus pandemic and the economy collapsed and “national unrest” why the fuck are you guys talking conventional politics? We got little green men running all over DC and this guy beating up peaceful protestors in Lafayette Square and who can carry the Midwest?

Really? Another one in a million run thru WI,MI and PA?

Hundreds of thousands are out in the streets screaming BLACK LIVES MATTER and you’re not looking to CLOSE with the one thing that seals the deal across the whole multicultural movement?

Coffee’s for closers.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 12:23:04 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #36946 on: June 06, 2020, 12:26:34 PM »

In America, you seem to get many years in prison for not doing much wrong.

Disproportionately longer sentences for African-American men than for white men. It's not even close. Ditto the parole rates.

I've only been trying to tell you this for a few years, now.

Are you in favor of felons being let out without bail in NY?

Kalief Brower
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #36947 on: June 06, 2020, 12:27:22 PM »

I have no issues with her as VP, she'd add to the ticket, but I think she might be best as AG.

Is she qualified...experienced enough to be AG?

Is Barr?

Sure

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #36948 on: June 06, 2020, 12:28:26 PM »

Seriously, are you thinking of Sarah Palin as an example? Certainly politicians can box themselves into a corner, if that is your point.

WTF are you talking about?  Palin was selected from a group that included men.

She was selected b3cause conservative women wanted to be like her and men wanted to fuck her.

Never Trumper Bill Kristol can kick rocks.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #36949 on: June 06, 2020, 12:31:24 PM »

I have no issues with her as VP, she'd add to the ticket, but I think she might be best as AG.

Is Barr?

Sure

Barr sicced a cadre of secret police (little green men) on your nation’s capital sonTrump could hold a bible upside down at the Church of the Presidents.

Barr is a liar and a believer in rule by a god king.

Lyndon Johnson

oilcan

« Reply #36950 on: June 06, 2020, 12:40:18 PM »

Let me see if I can decode this... you're asking if someone who was AG of the nation-state of CA for six years is qualified to be an AG?   Seriously do some reflection and ask yourself:  would you pose this question about a white male with those credentials?   

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #36951 on: June 06, 2020, 01:24:07 PM »

Biden seems awfully status quo to me.
But at least Dem and normal status quo which looks great compared to the Trump nightmare.

Speaking of compared to what, I guess any day George Floyd isn't being murdered on the street is a great day for him.

That was among the more fucked-up things Trump has said.  What a human deficiency that man has.

I don't see any tear gas.
In fact ... <cough> ....I don't see anything all ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #36952 on: June 06, 2020, 01:35:31 PM »

One thing about the Virus and the Protests is you get to see which leaders -- governors and mayors -- and which police departments can handle a crisis and deal effectively with issues, and who is a failure.

Trump clearly a monumental failure.
Some leaders have done well, others not.

Cuomo an interesting in-between case, as he really poured himself into trying to be helpful, after his initial large fail.  He also hasn't been willing to take blame or work well with DeBalsio (a failure-type).  And he's downplayed NYC police violence.  Really I think he should resign after the crises pass.

Otoh, who would have expected the Camden police to do well.
I think Newark did too.  Usually NJ almost takes pride in having asshole cops ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #36953 on: June 06, 2020, 02:16:34 PM »

Cuomo an interesting in-between case, as he really poured himself into trying to be helpful, after his initial large fail.  He also hasn't been willing to take blame or work well with DeBalsio (a failure-type).  And he's downplayed NYC police violence.  Really I think he should resign after the crises pass.

I couldn't disagree more with your conclusion.

Cuomo had a largely unknown uncontrolled killer virus dropped into NYC with no help from the Federal Gov't. A federal government that actively called it a hoax, and had created a sytem that encouraged the US 50 states to compete against each other for the resources to fight the virus. Yet despite the virus and seeing his largest city threatened with decimation and mounting illness and death, he was a strong voice of calm, reason and honesty the people in NYC and most of America heard. Covid -19 was ripping a hole in the biggest city in this country and Cuomo showed leadership in the face of this new plague.

No one is perfect nor blameless but IMO Cuomo's noon-time chats to NYC/America was as akin to FDR's talks to a petrfied country during the depths of the depression. Cuomo was compassionate, empathetic and honest with Americans. IMO history will treat him very well for providing leadership in what was a black hole that threatened to swallow us.

I can't tell what the future brings for Cuomo but i would not be surprised to see him to seek higher office or potentially join a Biden admin in a very senior position. Or both.

Mario would be very proud ofhis son Andrew.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #36954 on: June 06, 2020, 02:20:00 PM »

One thing about the Virus and the Protests is you get to see which leaders -- governors and mayors -- and which police departments can handle a crisis and deal effectively with issues, and who is a failure.

Trump clearly a monumental failure.
Some leaders have done well, others not.

Otoh, who would have expected the Camden police to do well.
I think Newark did too.  Usually NJ almost takes pride in having asshole cops ...

It’s the union leadership.

NY has Patrick Lynch and he is stark raving mad... and has more power over NYPD than the Chiefs, 5he commissioner, the city council and the mayor.

It took a couple of days but the majority of folks saw people protesting police violence met with more police violence.

Seeing what the cops were doing to white people and media flipped the switch.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #36955 on: June 06, 2020, 02:20:53 PM »

Biden seems awfully status quo to me.
But at least Dem and normal status quo which looks great compared to the Trump nightmare.

Speaking of compared to what, I guess any day George Floyd isn't being murdered on the street is a great day for him.

That was among the more fucked-up things Trump has said.  What a human deficiency that man has.

I don't see any tear gas.
In fact ... <cough> ....I don't see anything all ...

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2020/06/04/protest-is-nothing-new-for-our-nations-capital-but-trump-lit-a-fuse/

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #36957 on: June 06, 2020, 03:16:24 PM »

The USofA and NY had plenty of time to prepare and guard against the virus.
Trump failed & Cuomo failed.

LA, SF, and CA in general didn't have the enormous outbreaks and danger that NYC succumbed to.  Shanghai a bigger city with less time to prepare had 700 cases and 7 deaths.  Imagine that.

Sure, after he allowed a mega-disaster, Cuomo was involved, empathetic, etc.
It didn't have to go down that way.
And reportedly much of the virus throughout the US arrived via NYC.
Cuomo made a lot of wrong decisions throughout the crisis.
I wouldn't put him in charge of repairing my bicycle.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #36958 on: June 06, 2020, 03:18:45 PM »

I wish senators were tested the way governors and other executive leaders were.
Would have been a good chance to expose failures and discover true leaders.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36959 on: June 06, 2020, 03:25:32 PM »

But "fair and balanced" is the catchphrase for the very much unfair and unbalanced news folks at Fox.

Maybe you just don't like what they're selling.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.
Pages: 1 ... 2462 2463 [2464] 2465 2466 ... 4288