Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2529 2530 [2531] 2532 2533 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1998094 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #37950 on: June 11, 2020, 09:47:03 PM »

Btw, Echo. It seems you are quite comfortable with Larry being oppressed. Perhaps that serves some purpose for you. Is it important for you to see Larry as downtrodden? Because he seems quite capable of standing up for himself.

Echo is saying you’re full of shit.

You’re “on my side” but only if I Police my tone.

Have a seat

And only if you are really oppressed, which is is sure you are not.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37951 on: June 11, 2020, 10:05:20 PM »

Btw, Echo. It seems you are quite comfortable with Larry being oppressed. Perhaps that serves some purpose for you. Is it important for you to see Larry as downtrodden? Because he seems quite capable of standing up for himself.

BTW, UNO. It seems you are quite insistent that Larry is not being oppressed. Perhaps that serves some purpose for you. Is it important for you to see Larry as not downtrodden? Because he seems quite capable of telling you how he is, while standing up for himself.

Larry wants me to listen. I've been listening. So far he can only say, " Fuck off!" But I hold out hope for greater thoughts superbly articulated by him. As I said, beneath his gruff exterior is a warm heart.

But your "assistance"  is hindering his voice.

You're making it difficult for him to breathe. Take your foot off his neck. The help you are offering is making him choke on his words.

You're attempts to fight his battles for him are constricting his character. Have you no faith in our brother?

Please, Larry. Remove that muzzling meddler from your life. You don't need him. You can explain, and I am listening.

Go ahead.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #37952 on: June 11, 2020, 10:06:54 PM »

Have a seat

Let's go with that. Explain that "really oppressed" part. So, there are degrees of oppression?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37953 on: June 11, 2020, 10:15:07 PM »

Have a seat

Let's go with that. Explain that "really oppressed" part. So, there are degrees of oppression?

"Josh, stay out of it. And answer this question."

At least three of them.

Mr. Floyd was more oppressed than Larry is.

Larry is more oppressed than you are.

You are unoppressed.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37954 on: June 11, 2020, 10:19:11 PM »

BTW, UNO. It seems you are quite insistent that Larry is not being oppressed. Perhaps that serves some purpose for you. Is it important for you to see Larry as not downtrodden? Because he seems quite capable of telling you how he is, while standing up for himself.

Larry wants me to listen. I've been listening. So far he can only say, " Fuck off!"

No, that's not all he's said, but it's all you've heard. I got that. You were very clear.

No, my comments are not obscuring his voice. You are clever enough to be able to read what is Josh and what is Larry. That's a bullshit excuse.

No, Larry doesn't need me. Larry doesn't need you to understand, either, especially since you seem intent on not understanding anybody here.

But since you are tired of me, try Samantha Cocco. Because it is up to white folks to explain to racist white folks, not up to Black folks.

https://ignatiansolidarity.net/blog/2020/05/29/white-people-inherent-racism/

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #37955 on: June 11, 2020, 10:22:51 PM »

Have a seat

"Josh, stay out of it. And answer this question."

At least three of them.

Mr. Floyd was more oppressed than Larry is.

Larry is more oppressed than you are.

You are unoppressed.

Well, certainly I am not oppressed. More certainly, I am unimpressed by you.

And if you stopped pressing your need to be Larry's nanny, he might be less oppressed.

I am empathetic, though. Very much so.

Enough to let Larry speak for himself. Something you can't seem to do. So every time you intervene on his behalf, you weaken his status that much more.

He's a man. Let him speak.

I'd like to hear from him without your, um..help.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37956 on: June 11, 2020, 10:24:09 PM »

Enough to let Larry speak for himself. Something you can't seem to do. So every time you intervene on his behalf, you weaken his status that much more.

Says far more about you than about me or Larry's "status."

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #37957 on: June 11, 2020, 10:26:43 PM »

Childishness. Your default code.

Understood.

Should have quit while you were behind.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37958 on: June 11, 2020, 10:32:03 PM »

Hey, Larry -

I had no idea I was powerful enough to reduce your status by talking to an illiterate, inconsiderate jackass.

It's amazing.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37959 on: June 11, 2020, 10:37:40 PM »

Childishness. Your default code.

Understood.

Should have quit while you were behind.

Ran out of original lines, huh, and had to reuse one from earlier?

UNO, read this again:

Have a seat

Larry's indicated he's done talking to you. He tried, but you were too busy playing Amy Vanderbilt to hear him.

You can resume insulting me. Or perhaps you could heed my advice, despite the source, to step back and look hard in the mirror at how you portray an alleged ally.

Or as Facilitorn put it:

I have more faith that you can catch up to the conversation going on around you than I do in your willingness to catch up to that conversation.

If you want a serious conversation, let me know. Otherwise, I will join Larry and sit the rest of your posturing out.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37960 on: June 11, 2020, 10:42:46 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/11/politics/white-house-milley-apology/index.html

The White House was not warned of Milley's apology in advance.

Milley's apology -- in which he declared unequivocally "I should not have been there" -- was a remarkable admission for the four-star general, let alone from a top official in an administration led by a President known for his refusal to apologize.

Before coming to his decision, Milley reached out to former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Joseph Dunford, Jr. and other senior military officers, according to two US defense officials. Milley also reached out to another former chairman of the Joint Chiefs, another source familiar with the matter said.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37961 on: June 11, 2020, 10:53:35 PM »

Christopher Columbus was not a racist cop.

Dead on. He had no legit authority on this side of the Atlantic, even if you grant Spain’s power to give him some in Spain.

Christopher Columbus was a racist thug, thief, and murderer.

"George Floyd and racist cops/police brutality" seems to have evolved into "White privilege"/ "Christopher Columbus"/"racism".

...with White people in America seemingly having to bow before the Left/Far Left alter of "apologise for being White and having White privilege, or else".
Or else lose their jobs etc.

In churches;

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/07/21/marianne-williamson-white-people-prayer-of-apology-nr-vpx.cnn

In neighbourhoods:

https://www.news18.com/news/buzz/white-neighbours-kneel-to-apologise-to-their-african-americans-in-texas-for-years-of-racism-2652683.html

In schools:

https://www.parents.com/toddlers-preschoolers/everything-kids/you-have-to-watch-this-8th-graders-viral-apology-for-his/

"Dear women, I'm sorry," he begins. "Dear black people, I'm sorry. Dear Asian-Americans, Dear Native-Americans, Dear immigrants who come here seeking a better life... Dear everyone who isn't a middle or upper class white boy, I'm sorry."

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37962 on: June 11, 2020, 10:54:57 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #37963 on: June 11, 2020, 10:59:03 PM »

Larry wants me to listen. I've been listening. So far he can only say, " Fuck off!" But I hold out hope for greater thoughts superbly articulated by him. As I said, beneath his gruff exterior is a warm heart.

But your "assistance"  is hindering his voice.

You're making it difficult for him to breathe. Take your foot off his neck. The help you are offering is making him choke on his words.

You're attempts to fight his battles for him are constricting his character. Have you no faith in our brother?

Please, Larry. Remove that muzzling meddler from your life. You don't need him. You can explain, and I am listening.

Go ahead.

You sound like Frazier Crane

Another pompous ass

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37964 on: June 11, 2020, 11:05:54 PM »

"George Floyd and racist cops/police brutality" seems to have evolved into "White privilege"/ "Christopher Columbus"/"racism".

...with White people in America seemingly having to bow before the Left/Far Left alter of "apologise for being White and having White privilege, or else".

Where've you been, Bambi?

It was never just George Floyd. It was never just racist cops or police brutality. You were told that multiple times.

It's about slavery. It's about abuse of position. Yes, police brutality is there. Sure, George Floyd's treatment was the impetus, but this has been coming.

Black people are treated worse by police. But they are also treated worse in the housing, medicine, education, employment systems, as well.

It's not a left wing/right wing issue. You've been told this, before, too. There are plenty of racists (and other bigots) on the left, even if there may be more on the right.

It only becomes a left/right issues because the Left is prepared to try to come to grips with the systemic racism, while the ostensible leaders on the Right are busy denying it exists with everything they have, while acting like tots jumping up and down and crying out "Look at this racist crap I'm doing, but I'm not really a racist!"
Pages: 1 ... 2529 2530 [2531] 2532 2533 ... 4288