Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2539 2540 [2541] 2542 2543 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1602541 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #38100 on: June 12, 2020, 09:00:22 PM »

Watched a movie the other day on Netflix;

Marshall | Netflix

Marshall. 201716+ 1h 58m Crime Movies. This biopic of Thurgood Marshall, the first black U.S. Supreme Court justice, centers on his pivotal work in a …

#####

Not surprisingly I'd never heard of him.

Yes you are a RACIST. And also, to the extent that has not already happened, you have proven yourself unqualified to utter any opinion on African Americans.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Echo4

• View Profile

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38102 on: June 12, 2020, 09:26:52 PM »

What's this I am hearing?  Nancy Pelosi's dad did what?

Please post links,  or at least quotes,  you insufferable fucking moron.   And then make your stupid fucking point, no matter how stupid it is.

Couldn't we leave it where it was? We ignore it, he provides zero substance, and the group moves on without responding?

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #38103 on: June 12, 2020, 09:40:03 PM »

Laws are indeed made by elected officials.
Thurgood Marshall brought about change, legally.

(a) I don't know to which law you are referring, but (for example) Brown v Board of Education was decided by unelected officials.
No it wasn’t.

barton

« Reply #38104 on: June 12, 2020, 09:51:44 PM »

Wait,  Scotus is elected?   

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38105 on: June 12, 2020, 09:53:53 PM »

Wait,  Scotus is elected?
How dare you question our greatest legal expert!
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38106 on: June 12, 2020, 09:54:35 PM »

Laws are indeed made by elected officials.
Thurgood Marshall brought about change, legally.

(a) I don't know to which law you are referring, but (for example) Brown v Board of Education was decided by unelected officials.
No it wasn’t.

You are such a tool.

barton

« Reply #38107 on: June 12, 2020, 09:56:26 PM »

Its like Earth is passing through a cometary tail composed of nitrous oxide.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38108 on: June 12, 2020, 10:08:59 PM »

Where Kid, Ward, Bambi, and now apparently Cap see the future of African-Americans going:

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38109 on: June 12, 2020, 10:29:38 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/12/us/videos-jail-custody-death-sterling-higgins-invs/index.html

A grand jury acquitted the police of any wrongdoing in the in-custody death of this black man.

They were never shown this surveillance video.

Within hours of his call to 911 outside a convenience store, Sterling Higgins lay dead, after video shows him being forcibly restrained on the floor at the Obion County Jail in Union City, Tennessee.

A surveillance camera video from that morning, 15 months ago, shows a correctional officer gripping Higgins' neck and head for nearly six minutes, and part of that time his arresting officer with one foot on him. Then, Higgins' limp body was dragged to a restraint chair and wheeled into a cell.
The video, submitted in a wrongful death lawsuit filed in federal district court in Tennessee, is at the heart of another claim that yet another black man needlessly died in custody because of law enforcement misconduct. All the defendants have denied the allegations in legal filings.

Those videos were never shown to a grand jury that, last October, declined to indict any of the officers involved, as first reported by WSPD, in Paducah, Kentucky. The 27th District attorney general, Tommy Thomas, told CNN he didn't see the need to show jurors the video because he already had decided not to seek criminal charges against the officers.

American justice at work.

Just a few bad apples and only in the police departments. Uh huh.

"No video, no indictment" si what you've heard here and elsewhere about George Floyd's death. Here is evidence of that - and not only "no video," it seems, but "no publicly viewed video." Otherwise, the police and district attorneys sweep it under the rug.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38111 on: June 12, 2020, 10:37:09 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/12/health/us-coronavirus-friday/index.html

Texas and Florida hit new highs in new cases.

Must be time to move the RNC Convention to Florida!

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38113 on: June 12, 2020, 11:01:13 PM »

Another quote from the Trump interview by Faulkner:

“I think the concept of chokeholds sounds so innocent, so perfect, and then you realize if it’s a one-on-one now if it’s a two-on-one that’s a little bit of a different story – depending – depending on the toughness and strength, you know we’re talking about toughness and strength, we are talking there’s a physical thing here also.”

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38114 on: June 12, 2020, 11:04:40 PM »

In Colorado, their new police reform bill requires police cams and mandates a public database of cam footage (minus a handful of pretty rare exceptions).

Just waiting for the governor's signature.

It's a big next step.

Do you support it, Kid? Ward? Cap?
Pages: 1 ... 2539 2540 [2541] 2542 2543 ... 4288