Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2614 2615 [2616] 2617 2618 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1872351 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #39225 on: June 21, 2020, 12:01:55 AM »

Official campaign photo of the rally:

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39226 on: June 21, 2020, 12:02:27 AM »

WIP 2

One singular (gross) sensation.

From the rally tonight we can infer that at least have the people who say they’ll vote for trump can be easily persuaded to change their minds. Support very soft for dottering deviant donald. Soft as the bigotry in our expectations of Kiid.

The Un-American Committee to Elect Trump?

Autocrats Unanimous?

Crappy retread eugenics enthusiast pissants. C.R.E.E.P.

More good news is coming. Keep marching.

http://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/06/trump-white-america-polling-shift-racism.html
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39227 on: June 21, 2020, 12:10:02 AM »

Trump just days ago:

“We've never had an empty seat, and we certainly won't in Oklahoma."

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39228 on: June 21, 2020, 12:16:50 AM »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #39229 on: June 21, 2020, 12:17:31 AM »

"and I told my people, STOP THE TESTING"

Ignorance may be bliss, but he's killing people with his ignorance.

And the morons cheer his misplaced bravado

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39230 on: June 21, 2020, 12:53:22 AM »

"and I told my people, STOP THE TESTING"

Ignorance may be bliss, but he's killing people with his ignorance.

And the morons cheer his misplaced bravado

And then his folks tried to explain that "obviously he was joking."

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39231 on: June 21, 2020, 01:12:57 AM »

Tell me more about those one or two bad apples.

Tell me about how we should have faith in the system when the police, themselves, do not.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39233 on: June 21, 2020, 02:06:26 AM »

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/fox-news-caught-doctoring-photographs-to-make-protesters-look-violent?fbclid=IwAR36KpvsbAYKdgHT46GVSm7tCdqzvauqZrXRIURDwho0U1glgki0WkBFiJA

Fox News caught doctoring photographs to make protesters look violent

They apologized.

Cap, got any examples of any other network doing this? Not merely making a claim they could not substantiate, but explicitly altering items to change what the news looks like?

They really ought to lose their license for this kind of crap.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #39234 on: June 21, 2020, 02:27:52 AM »

Years ago my brother and I went to a car track in Cali were you drove souped up carts. You had to sign a waiver to drive. I elaborately signed, “I’ll Sue.”

Shel Silverstein would be proud ....
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #39235 on: June 21, 2020, 02:35:46 AM »

Seems to me when ATL police refuse to do their job is a good time to weed out some bad apples.  Officer refuses to go on patrol and has a dozen or more complaints on his record, or is known to be violent towards suspects, or is known to be racist -- fire him for insubordination and refusing orders, refusing to work. 

It's harder with the sick-out folks, but some of them must be bastards that should be removed for public safety.  Make sure they have a doctor's note.  Maybe pay them a visit at home.  Or force them to go to a police/gov't doctor.

Seems like a good chance to weed out the bad actors, while they are refusing to do their jobs.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #39236 on: June 21, 2020, 02:44:40 AM »

As for Tulsa, the city officials can't go anywhere, so were responsible.  The fact that Trump staffers got infected was a real red flag how dangerous and stupid this was.  Hopefully Trump campaign had attendees fill out pledge cards or got their names/info when folks got tickets, because contact tracing will be needed.  Even if it wasn't filled, there were still over 10K in an arena for over 2 hours.  And these are people too stupid and macho to wear face masks.

I saw it mentioned that this was largest public gathering in the world in the past 3 or 4 months.  A completely unnecessary super-spreader trial run campaign rally.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39237 on: June 21, 2020, 03:35:06 AM »

As for Tulsa, the city officials can't go anywhere, so were responsible.  The fact that Trump staffers got infected was a real red flag how dangerous and stupid this was.  Hopefully Trump campaign had attendees fill out pledge cards or got their names/info when folks got tickets, because contact tracing will be needed.  Even if it wasn't filled, there were still over 10K in an arena for over 2 hours.  And these are people too stupid and macho to wear face masks.

I saw it mentioned that this was largest public gathering in the world in the past 3 or 4 months.  A completely unnecessary super-spreader trial run campaign rally.

And not just 10,000, or 10,000 overwhelmingly maskless individuals, but 10,000 maskless individuals crammed in together in tight quarters and shouting their heads off! If anybody was sick, a lot of people are going to be sick.

It's great that they checked temperatures of folks on the way in, but even forgetting that asymptomatic folks can be contagious, especially when shouting and talking loudly, for the really passionate Trump fan who has a ticket to this unique opportunity, a couple ibuprofen and you are good to go for the temperature check! And since this is all fake, anyway, why wouldn't you do that?

(And Trump's claiming he wanted folks to wear masks if they felt like it was a tad too little, too late, after he accused folks of wearing masks to make fun of him.)

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39238 on: June 21, 2020, 03:49:20 AM »

And apparently, Mr. Trump denied having fired Mr. Berman, which means that Barr lied again about this.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39239 on: June 21, 2020, 03:59:04 AM »

6,611 in the arena, it says!

Pages: 1 ... 2614 2615 [2616] 2617 2618 ... 4288