Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2623 2624 [2625] 2626 2627 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1782025 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #39360 on: June 22, 2020, 02:55:23 AM »

Larry has been making this point for a while about the TSA’s role in making USA #1 in deaths and Covid (thanks trump). It seems like some of the rest of the world is also catching on.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5eece54dc5b65f65308b9b7a

Another whistleblower to bury and likely another IG to fire, when they get there.

But with this news will also come House inquiries... and if the Dems manage to take the WH, nowhere for the guilty to hide.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #39361 on: June 22, 2020, 03:09:52 AM »

I was wondering when crowded, poor, poorly run countries such as Pakistan would get hit hard by CV-19.
Looks like it's time: The number of people living in poverty has risen to 40% from 30% since the pandemic began.
The country is reopening because the economy started in bad shape and they can't afford to let it get too much worse.  But of course rampant infections and huge numbers of fatalities aren't going to help the economy.
Pakistan also has many religious people who think the virus isn't a big deal, and poor people who think it's some kind of elite hoax.  Not good.

Brasil already suffering a US style outbreak.
And I'm concerned about Nigeria, Bangladesh, and most African countries.

Sidenote: why would NZ have travelers arriving from Pakistan and India?
I wouldn't.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39362 on: June 22, 2020, 04:30:07 AM »

Trump is;

. Australia's only hope.

Then you’re royally fucked, mate.

Can't see Biden standing up to China.
Can't see him begging them to help his campaign either.
Remember the famous Russian proverb: The hungrier you get, the tastier the meal. On the other hand, the French have a proverb: Merde!

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #39363 on: June 22, 2020, 06:03:56 AM »

I was wondering when crowded, poor, poorly run countries such as Pakistan would get hit hard by CV-19.
Looks like it's time: The number of people living in poverty has risen to 40% from 30% since the pandemic began.
The country is reopening because the economy started in bad shape and they can't afford to let it get too much worse.  But of course rampant infections and huge numbers of fatalities aren't going to help the economy.
Pakistan also has many religious people who think the virus isn't a big deal, and poor people who think it's some kind of elite hoax.  Not good.

Brasil already suffering a US style outbreak.
And I'm concerned about Nigeria, Bangladesh, and most African countries.

Sidenote: why would NZ have travelers arriving from Pakistan and India?
I wouldn't.

NZ citizens returning home, could be. Many Indian folk have migrated to NZ from Fiji.

Australia has them too, Australian citizens returning from those and other countries....straight into mostly 5 star hotels for 14 days forced isolation they go...mostly how the virus was made homeless.
Returning home in dribs and drabs, were stranded in some countries.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #39364 on: June 22, 2020, 08:09:10 AM »

Bolton: But he wanted a probe of Joe Biden in exchange for delivering the security assistance that was part of the congressional legislation that had been passed several years before. So that in his mind, he was bargaining to get the investigation, using the resources of the federal government, which I found very disturbing.

It was a trade. It was a trade of an investigation in exchange for the security assistance.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/transcript-john-bolton-interview-abc-news-martha-raddatz/story?id=71287825

Quid. Pro. Quo.

So did Republicans in Congress refuse to hear from Bolton because they didn't know he had the goods, or because they knew he had the goods and wanted to avoid the political consequences of letting Trump get away with it?  We know the answer to that question.

Bolton is a partisan self-serving asshole, and the interview is painful to read for many reasons because of it, but that only makes it all the more meaningful that even he thinks that Trump foreign policy has been a giant dumpster fire that has made the United States weaker.  And it is so because Trump raises his self-interest over that of the country.

Not even the most ardent Trumpist can possibly deny they understand this.  Real patriots, these people.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39365 on: June 22, 2020, 08:15:03 AM »

Not even the most ardent Trumpist can possibly deny they understand this.  Real patriots, these people.

Of course they can.

Echo4

• View Profile

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #39367 on: June 22, 2020, 08:36:00 AM »

In a typical election year, Kentucky has about 3,700 polling sites, according to most reports. When Election Day arrives on 23 June, there will be just 200 polling sites across the state — with some of those sites having to serve upwards of 600,000 residents.

Half Kentucky’s Black voters live in one county,” he wrote. “It will have one polling place... for 616,000 registered voters.”

Kentucky cuts number of polling stations by 95 percent ahead of primary voting
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39368 on: June 22, 2020, 08:57:12 AM »

In a typical election year, Kentucky has about 3,700 polling sites, according to most reports. When Election Day arrives on 23 June, there will be just 200 polling sites across the state — with some of those sites having to serve upwards of 600,000 residents.

Half Kentucky’s Black voters live in one county,” he wrote. “It will have one polling place... for 616,000 registered voters.”

And the federal judge said that was fine.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #39369 on: June 22, 2020, 08:57:57 AM »

Bambi bleats like sheep he wishes he were fucking. There is never anything to learn from him, just a pile of dirty diapers.

Not using diapers yet, but I know some who are.
Why ...do I know?
I don't want to know, but some people feel compelled to tell.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39370 on: June 22, 2020, 09:12:39 AM »

Oh, that liberal media! There they go making a big deal of the increased numbers in Florida instead of just celebrating the increasing testing.

https://www.newsweek.com/multiple-florida-hospitals-run-out-icu-beds-coronavirus-cases-spike-1511934?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3eZz2htLVA0r_i7AnWACZv-mX-VStYb0lQYCJzyogUsuVn66Vj6t30ytY#Echobox=1592503654

Sure, Florida's got hospitals overflowing their ICU beds and so does Arizona, but look at the testing! What IS wrong with you media people?!

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39371 on: June 22, 2020, 09:13:11 AM »

Bambi bleats like sheep he wishes he were fucking. There is never anything to learn from him, just a pile of dirty diapers.

Not using diapers yet, but I know some who are.
You should start considering how often you shit your pants at the thought of African Americans. But then - and this cannot be stated often enough  - you are a RACIST.
Remember the famous Russian proverb: The hungrier you get, the tastier the meal. On the other hand, the French have a proverb: Merde!

barton

« Reply #39372 on: June 22, 2020, 09:14:24 AM »

You know a party is failing on the real issues when one of its supporters devotes three pages here obsessing over flag burning.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #39373 on: June 22, 2020, 09:15:11 AM »

And the federal judge said that was fine.
Its a primary election for crissakes; Trump and Biden! Enough to start a riot these days.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #39374 on: June 22, 2020, 09:38:45 AM »

Let's go!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 2623 2624 [2625] 2626 2627 ... 4288