Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2734 2735 [2736] 2737 2738 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1603579 times)

oilcan

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #41025 on: July 02, 2020, 10:02:24 AM »

Easy to discern ChildCarter didn't read that whole Guardian article.    And absorb Yank's obvious point.   Spikes in the 20-40 demographic cause major spread.   Who is out and about the most?   Who is working in senior care and hospitals and rehab centers?   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41026 on: July 02, 2020, 10:03:21 AM »

As cases continue to soar at record levels across the US, which now has over 2.6m cases, there is growing alarm about a surge in younger people getting the virus. On Friday, vice-president Mike Pence said half of new cases in the US in recent weeks were adults under 35.

- Guardian piece

The alarm would be if more and more of the VULNERABLE population were getting COVID.

Yes, of course any time a young person gets seriously ill and/or dies it is sad.

But the numbers say this is quite uncommon. 

Spikes among young are bad.  But better than spikes in other groups - which is why the death rates (sorry, Sen Warren) will not be increasing any time soon.
Thank God all these healthy young folks don't have aging parents or other older folks in their lives!

And thank Bejesus on his dinosaur there’s no evidence of long term systemic damage from mild cases or in recovered patients...

Trump was right about the V shaped recovery.

We’ve just passed the peak of the inverted V.

30-35 million out of work will be about as good as it gets under trump’s economic sabotage.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41027 on: July 02, 2020, 10:03:34 AM »

Spikes among young are bad.  But better than spikes in other groups - which is why the death rates (sorry, Sen Warren) will not be increasing any time soon.

Deaths are increasing in Arizona.

I won't bookmark this for when it also turns out to be wrong elsewhere.  Just the fact that you are stating it as a fact is proof enough for me that it will be.
It is easy to be extremely confident when you are extremely stupid.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #41028 on: July 02, 2020, 10:07:23 AM »

Spikes in the 20-40 demographic cause major spread.

In older groups?  Then I am sure we will see this in the stats.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #41030 on: July 02, 2020, 10:16:10 AM »

Easy to discern ChildCarter didn't read that whole Guardian article.    And absorb Yank's obvious point.   Spikes in the 20-40 demographic cause major spread.   Who is out and about the most?   Who is working in senior care and hospitals and rehab centers?

We know the virus was in New York and spreading months before the first official case was discovered.  One estimate I saw said New York City may have had as many as 11,000 undetected cases before March.  The fact that it was here and spreading without causing alarm on deaths (outside of the cases that were probably misdiagnosed) says that it first hit the younger and less vulnerable in the population.

Of course, we weren't taking measures to limit the spread then, and those young people had no way of knowing they were infected before spreading it to others.  But what we are seeing now is likely a repeat of the same thing that happened the first time, not some change in conditions that in and of itself limits deaths.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #41031 on: July 02, 2020, 10:18:18 AM »

Good news!!!

https://news.yahoo.com/jeffrey-epstein-associate-ghislaine-maxwell-134304966.html

Hope that wherever she is kept keeps her under a more robust "suicide" watch.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #41032 on: July 02, 2020, 10:19:46 AM »

I propose a new verb. Using ridiculously levels of fear mongering in order to garner support for your party. I call it, Dilberting.

https://sports.yahoo.com/welcome-to-boston-cam-newton-he-can-already-hear-the-dog-whistles-and-trite-criticism-204248832.html
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #41033 on: July 02, 2020, 10:20:43 AM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/01/unemployment-coronavirus-close-down-347339

Wanted to get this out before some idiot trumpist posted tomorrow’s jobs numbers as some indication of things improving under confederate fascist leadership of trump and the republicans.

Of course, Trump trumpeting the numbers this morning.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #41034 on: July 02, 2020, 10:21:51 AM »

Good news!!!

https://news.yahoo.com/jeffrey-epstein-associate-ghislaine-maxwell-134304966.html

Hope that wherever she is kept keeps her under a more robust "suicide" watch.

Epstein killed himself. In his narcissistic mind, it's how he would "win".

She won't kill herself. She'll try to cut a deal. If you let me go, I won't name this list of folks who did what Jeffrey did.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #41035 on: July 02, 2020, 10:23:27 AM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/01/unemployment-coronavirus-close-down-347339

Wanted to get this out before some idiot trumpist posted tomorrow’s jobs numbers as some indication of things improving under confederate fascist leadership of trump and the republicans.

Of course, Trump trumpeting the numbers this morning.

Bet these numbers won't be TRUMPeted.

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-democrats-rake-more-cash-024645649.html

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #41036 on: July 02, 2020, 10:28:43 AM »

She won't kill herself. She'll try to cut a deal. If you let me go, I won't name this list of folks who did what Jeffrey did.

I'm hoping that despite Trump's attempts to neuter the SDNY, that this will not be the type of deal they are willing to offer her.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

Yankguy1

• View Profile
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #41039 on: July 02, 2020, 10:45:18 AM »

STUPIDITY is spreading this virus

A friend who was at the party reached out to Macias to say he had coronavirus, and he was aware of the diagnosis when he attended the gathering but didn't think he could infect anyone because he had no symptoms, Lopez said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/us/california-thomas-macias-coronavirus/index.html
Pages: 1 ... 2734 2735 [2736] 2737 2738 ... 4288