Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2766 2767 [2768] 2769 2770 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1604450 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #41505 on: July 05, 2020, 10:03:34 PM »

So I see where that red from Ohio is quite concerned about gun violence.

He probably should move out of Ohio.
He'd be a lot safer in Illinois or New York.
Check it out: https://lawcenter.giffords.org/scorecard/
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #41506 on: July 05, 2020, 10:03:56 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/atlanta-mayor-wendys-occupied-protesters-cleared

ya too..... fucking.........late.

All you pro-protest mother fuckers dont care about this shit?

You're fucking hopeless.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #41507 on: July 05, 2020, 10:28:30 PM »

Hey, hey, hey LBJ how may babies did you kill today?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #41508 on: July 05, 2020, 10:41:30 PM »

After a night of a dozen shootings, including one in which an 8-year-old girl was killed, Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms on Sunday said protesters could no longer occupy the Wendy’s where a police officer shot and killed Rayshard Brooks last month.

Now we are demanding action for Secoriea Turner, and all other people who were shot in Atlanta last night,” Bottoms said during a Sunday-night news conference. “Enough is enough. If you want people to take us seriously and you don’t want us to lose this movement, we can’t lose each other.”

At the point that an 8-year-old baby is killed, the discussions have ended,” Bottoms said, in announcing that the city will no longer negotiate with protesters and will clear the area.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41509 on: July 05, 2020, 11:03:05 PM »

Rev Al is 100% correct HYPOCRITICAL,of course.

You would know everything about hypocrisy, I'm sure.
Well,  Al Sharpton’s pic is featured next to the definition of hypocrisy.

The reverend has lost some weight, but I’m surprised you’ve mistaken Ronald Reagan for Al Sharpton.

The bleach enemas are starting to get to you. I’d cut back a bit even though republicans have failed epically to control this pandemic.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41510 on: July 05, 2020, 11:08:07 PM »

Nice precedent. Can be pro-life without being pro-gun control.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #41511 on: July 06, 2020, 12:04:09 AM »

It was 1st Degree Murder, punishable by life in prison.

Of course

Let us know how that goes.

You should ask James Fields
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41512 on: July 06, 2020, 12:56:13 AM »

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #41513 on: July 06, 2020, 01:09:57 AM »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/atlanta-mayor-wendys-occupied-protesters-cleared

ya too..... fucking.........late.

All you pro-protest mother fuckers dont care about this shit?

You're fucking hopeless.

Excuse me. Why are you trying to exploit this child’s murder?

What group is holding the Wendt’s? What is their core connection to the movement?

What group is running CHOP? What is their core connection to the movement?

What does a criminal act of murder have to do with the protest against Police violence?

You don’t give a shit about that that child or the 11year old boy killed last night (not far from me) or any of the other victims of gun violence across the nation.

This isn’t a matter of either or, to me.

We live with this shit.

You have no idea what it’s like to live in occupied territory.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #41514 on: July 06, 2020, 01:15:16 AM »

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/local/2020/06/30/mississippi-election-commissioner-accused-making-racist-comments/3280055001/?fbclid=IwAR3wY3gnG3ThUfQAX396iNuSyt0BFLDT4r-gLrkfBAmiZ567Z55NlErbVMw

"I'm concerned about voter registration in Mississippi,"  the commissioner wrote. "The blacks are having lots (of) events for voter registration. People in Mississippi have to get involved, too."

She explained that she thought she was sending a private message.

Welch admits she could have worded her comment better, but said she didn't really think there was anything to it.

"A lot of my friends have jumped to my defense, which I really appreciate," she said. "I don't like this kind of stuff. I don't mean anything by it.

"I have worked hard to make sure everybody is registered to vote — Black or white, everybody — that's just how I am."

Her answers about her intentions make far less sense if this were a private message.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #41515 on: July 06, 2020, 01:25:39 AM »

First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro’s great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen’s Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to “order” than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: “I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action”; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man’s freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a “more convenient season.” Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #41516 on: July 06, 2020, 01:31:55 AM »

First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro’s great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen’s Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to “order” than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: “I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action”; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man’s freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a “more convenient season.” Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #41517 on: July 06, 2020, 02:04:18 AM »

About the unleashed gun violence across the nation...

I’m sure the conditions down the socioeconomic scale is especially chaotic, global pandemic and all.

In normal times Cops spend so much time crushing everybody but when shit crosses the line and people scream enough! Cops pull back and say they’re scared to interact.

Pull the Lion out of the savannah and the jackals and hyenas move up a notch and fight for the turf ceded by the bigger predator.

The citizens catch the shit one way or another.

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #41518 on: July 06, 2020, 02:23:38 AM »

Commissioner of the US Food and Drug Administration Dr. Stephen Hahn declined to defend President Donald Trump's unfounded claim that 99% of coronavirus cases are "totally harmless" and repeatedly refused to say whether Trump's remark is true or false. #CNN #News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVUnAgGboNE

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #41519 on: July 06, 2020, 02:37:41 AM »

Rate of new US corona virus deaths to new cases -

3M confirmed cases; likely 30M infected.
Over 130K dead Americans.
16K hospitalized in serious condition who might die.

Transmission last week at highest levels yet.

IF starting March 15 there was a serious lockdown and mask wearing and responsible national gov't coordinating that, then June 1st-15 we could have started a gradual reopening.  Things would be pretty much back to normal by now, though with large gatherings off limits and mask wearing still recommended.  3M Americans wouldn't have been sick enough to get tested for CV-19 and 100K or more wouldn't have died.

It was possible.  US had a lot of warning.  Saw the January outbreak in China and the Italian outbreak in February, knew it was coming. 

Instead US will hit 3M confirmed cases today.  That's 1/4 of the world total.   US with more than 1/3 of the word's active confirmed CV cases.  And US also has 1/4 of the world's CV deaths (though Russia, Iran, Pakistan and some others almost certainly underreporting their deaths).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 2766 2767 [2768] 2769 2770 ... 4288