Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2796 2797 [2798] 2799 2800 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1699267 times)

Echo4

• View Profile

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #41956 on: July 08, 2020, 11:15:39 PM »

https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2020/07/02/2008373117

The implications of silent transmission for the control of COVID-19 outbreaks

Our results indicate that silent disease transmission during the presymptomatic and asymptomatic stages are responsible for more than 50% of the overall attack rate in COVID-19 outbreaks. Furthermore, such silent transmission alone can sustain outbreaks even if all symptomatic cases are immediately isolated. The results corroborate recent contact tracing studies indicating a substantial role of presymptomatic transmission among 243 COVID-19 cases in Singapore and 468 COVID-19 cases in China.”

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #41957 on: July 08, 2020, 11:16:38 PM »

Ohio Gov Mike DeWine has ordered masks for 7 northeast Ohio counties to stop the spread of Covid-19

Better late than never.

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2020/07/read-ohio-gov-mike-dewines-county-mask-order-here.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Gov. Mike DeWine’s order that people in seven counties, including the homes of Cleveland, Cincinnati and Columbus, wear masks in public went into effect at 6 p.m. Wednesday.

While DeWine announced the order Tuesday, the full text was released about 7 p.m. Wednesday, an hour after it took effect. You can read the full order here affecting Cuyahoga, Butler, Franklin, Hamilton, Huron, Montgomery and Trumbull counties.

The state said people in these counties must wear masks in public places because they have a high level of coronavirus spread. Masks can help prevent the spread coronavirus by blocking respiratory droplets produced when people talk, cough or sneeze.

Under the order, Ohions in the seven counties must wear masks inside any indoor space that is not a home and outside when they can’t stay six feet away from people outside their household. The order also requires masks when waiting for or using public transit, car services, or ride shares.

I understand Red is ready to roll and mask up.

And?

And the kind of mask he would wear would be predictably ineffective.

Echo4

• View Profile

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #41959 on: July 08, 2020, 11:25:38 PM »

Ohio Gov Mike DeWine has ordered masks for 7 northeast Ohio counties to stop the spread of Covid-19

Better late than never.

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2020/07/read-ohio-gov-mike-dewines-county-mask-order-here.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Gov. Mike DeWine’s order that people in seven counties, including the homes of Cleveland, Cincinnati and Columbus, wear masks in public went into effect at 6 p.m. Wednesday.

While DeWine announced the order Tuesday, the full text was released about 7 p.m. Wednesday, an hour after it took effect. You can read the full order here affecting Cuyahoga, Butler, Franklin, Hamilton, Huron, Montgomery and Trumbull counties.

The state said people in these counties must wear masks in public places because they have a high level of coronavirus spread. Masks can help prevent the spread coronavirus by blocking respiratory droplets produced when people talk, cough or sneeze.

Under the order, Ohions in the seven counties must wear masks inside any indoor space that is not a home and outside when they can’t stay six feet away from people outside their household. The order also requires masks when waiting for or using public transit, car services, or ride shares.

I understand Red is ready to roll and mask up.

And?

if you gotta explain 'em

it means you're talking to kid.

heh

its THE Ohio State helmet with mask

you think Jim-Red would be cough (sic, very sic) dead in Michigan gear?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT9Hk-KUA24

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #41960 on: July 08, 2020, 11:36:27 PM »

I found Bambi's moral equivalent in the US! (I use the word "moral" with caution.)

https://www.facebook.com/duric.toosmooth/videos/10217783479084351/

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #41961 on: July 09, 2020, 12:21:24 AM »

Better late than never.

And?

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
US cases rise by world record 60,000 in one day
« Reply #41962 on: July 09, 2020, 12:23:46 AM »

The US has reported the highest one-day rise in new coronavirus for any country since the start if the pandemic, with more than 60,000 new cases recorded in a single day, according to the Johns Hopkins University tracker, which relies on official figures, as 35 states see growing numbers of new cases from last week.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #41963 on: July 09, 2020, 12:44:49 AM »

LET'S GO!!!!!!!!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41964 on: July 09, 2020, 01:32:48 AM »

LET'S GO!!!!!!!!

You should really stay off the internet. It’s complexities do nothing but further confuse your addled brain. It’s been this long and you still can’t compose a social media post or find a single page that backs up any of your so called ideas. It’s a good thing no one would ever issue you a credit card or you’d be in real trouble by now.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #41965 on: July 09, 2020, 03:12:43 AM »

"Everyone was provided with a mask," as they sat crammed together with the campaign having removed the signs on seats to cause spacing out, and they overwhelmingly sat there without masks and were screaming!

I don't know who is the bigger asshole --> Murtaugh for uttering that crap or you for quoting it like gospel.

I assume masks were handed out to limit legal liability, which they were clearly concerned with.  From the few photos I saw, roughly 1% wore masks.  Trump supporters weren't expected to wear masks.  They didn't, except for a few.  And people were jammed together.

So despite making a show of masks, they held a 6000 person indoor rally for a few hours without masks and without spacing.  Intended for more people..  So the minimal efforts they made -- screening out a few with actual fever and providing hand sanitizer  -- weren't going to stop transmissions.  Or would have a very marginal impact.  Masks and spacing were needed and ignored.

Btw, the Trump rally was probably the largest human gathering in the world over the past 3 or 4 months.  That's what they said when 20K were anticipated.  Not sure about 6K but sports and concerts and other large gatherings are essentially globally banned.

In any case, the Tulsa rally was incredibly irresponsible.  And could have been 3x worse if they filled the joint.  Lucky they picked a small third tier city.   We'll see how ti goes, but it sure looks like that failure, and the transmissions that ensued, will put on hold more Trump rallies for at least a month.  And this will largely be a virtual campaign which suits Biden well.

Really, I'd have Biden do one debate, and then say Trump sickens me I don't want to be around him any more and cancel the rest.  Or say I'm afraid Trump will sicken me, as folks around him keep turning up positive.  But after one debate, I wouldn't give Trump more opportunities.  When you're in the driver's seat you decide the direction. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 03:24:09 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #41966 on: July 09, 2020, 03:13:58 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/08/warning-of-serious-brain-disorders-in-people-with-mild-covid-symptoms

More on the neuro/brain problems for people with mild COVID symptoms.

A little brain disorder never hurt anyone...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #41968 on: July 09, 2020, 03:35:41 AM »

"Everyone was provided with a mask," as they sat crammed together with the campaign having removed the signs on seats to cause spacing out, and they overwhelmingly sat there without masks and were screaming!

I don't know who is the bigger asshole --> Murtaugh for uttering that crap or you for quoting it like gospel.

I assume masks were handed out to limit legal liability, which they were clearly concerned with.  From the few photos I saw, roughly 1% wore masks.  Trump supporters weren't expected to wear masks.  They didn't, except for a few.  And people were jammed together.

So despite making a show of masks, they held a 6000 person indoor rally for a few hours without masks and without spacing.  Intended for more people..  So the minimal efforts they made -- screening out a few with actual fever and providing hand sanitizer  -- weren't going to stop transmissions.  Or would have a very marginal impact.  Masks and spacing were needed and ignored.

Btw, the Trump rally was probably the largest human gathering in the world over the past 3 or 4 months.  That's what they said when 20K were anticipated.  Not sure about 6K but sports and concerts and other large gatherings are essentially globally banned.

In any case, the Tulsa rally was incredibly irresponsible.  And could have been 3x worse if they filled the joint.  Lucky they picked a small third tier city.   We'll see how ti goes, but it sure looks like that failure, and the transmissions that ensued, will put on hold more Trump rallies for at least a month.  And this will largely be a virtual campaign which suits Biden well.

I think it gets exponentially worse if they fill the place - 6x or 9x, because there is that much more spread inside the joint and then that much more spread outside of it. I don't know how to evaluate it, but it sure pushes past the 1.2 or 2 per infected person range.

And no contact tracing is possible from the crowd, even if one can do it for post-event interactions. Even then, I doubt the attendees paid the slightest attention to with whom they spoke in the intervening two weeks before they knew they were sick.

Sick, sick, sick.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #41969 on: July 09, 2020, 03:40:45 AM »

Better late than never.

And?

And it's fucking July!
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 2796 2797 [2798] 2799 2800 ... 4288