Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2841 2842 [2843] 2844 2845 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1585256 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #42630 on: July 13, 2020, 07:47:48 PM »

No one is dying for bread.
 Minorities are being killed by minorities in minority neighborhoods in record numbers in our major cities. For NO reason.

Your ignorance is stunning in its fullness.
LOL!

Your eloquence, too.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42631 on: July 13, 2020, 07:48:18 PM »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42632 on: July 13, 2020, 07:51:17 PM »

Trump's oddest belief: a finite about of energy in your life.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/13/politics/donald-trump-health-exercise-battery-theory/index.html

(It remains odd that he believes that he spends less time golfing than Obama did, but Trump is very self-deceitful.)

barton

« Reply #42633 on: July 13, 2020, 07:53:07 PM »

Nolite te leones de mare carborundorum.  

I'm ending my participation here,  in terms of posting columns, citations,  analytics,  memes,  polls,  extended logical arguments,  etc.   Boz, Larry and Yank have helped me see the light, on the whole brevity thing.    Like the panda in that old joke,  I will join the species that "eats,  shoots,  and leaves. "   Cheers.   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #42634 on: July 13, 2020, 07:59:14 PM »

I'm ending my participation here,  in terms of posting columns, citations,  analytics,  memes,  polls,  extended logical arguments,  etc.   Boz, Larry and Yank have helped me see the light, on the whole brevity thing.    Like the panda in that old joke,  I will join the species that "eats,  shoots,  and leaves. "   Cheers.
Awww.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42635 on: July 13, 2020, 08:03:59 PM »

And the 2 cops killed Saturday in Texas were policing while Hispanic.

Gaslight special, isle shit!
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42636 on: July 13, 2020, 08:05:43 PM »

This whole debate should be run through our forums Constitutional scholar who will hopefully discuss in detail the Government Speech Doctrine.

I hope this isn't embarrassing,  but I'm a bit in awe of how you will counter a string of long-winded posts with one sentence that goes right to the heart of the matter while neatly puncturing a giant balloon of verbiage.   

I looked up the GSD.  Thanks,  very illuminating.  Uno has his answer,  if he cares to look it up.   And,  as Bo pointed out,  if the government speech isn't suggesting something illegal, or violating the establishment clause,  then what is not expressly forbidden is allowed.

FINALLY!!!AN answer. And one without snark attached.

Thank you.

Can't wait to see which state creates the first BLM license plate.

And there it is.
There what is?

Same Utley different name.

So...no answer.

Again.

Gee, Larry, at least have the stones to answer a question, once in a while.

Didn't think you were like Redstateward, but guess I was wrong.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42637 on: July 13, 2020, 08:09:15 PM »

I have appreciated your posted columns, analytics, memes, polls, and extended logical arguments and shared them elsewhere with others who have appreciated them in turn.

I can understand if this does not always feel (almost never, for you, perhaps) like a rewarding environment.

And I am sorry to whatever extent I have added to its not feeling like one.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #42638 on: July 13, 2020, 08:12:43 PM »

This whole debate should be run through our forums Constitutional scholar who will hopefully discuss in detail the Government Speech Doctrine.

I hope this isn't embarrassing,  but I'm a bit in awe of how you will counter a string of long-winded posts with one sentence that goes right to the heart of the matter while neatly puncturing a giant balloon of verbiage.   

I looked up the GSD.  Thanks,  very illuminating.  Uno has his answer,  if he cares to look it up.   And,  as Bo pointed out,  if the government speech isn't suggesting something illegal, or violating the establishment clause,  then what is not expressly forbidden is allowed.

FINALLY!!!AN answer. And one without snark attached.

Thank you.

Can't wait to see which state creates the first BLM license plate.

And there it is.
There what is?

Same Utley different name.

So...no answer.

Again.

Gee, Larry, at least have the stones to answer a question, once in a while.

Didn't think you were like Redstateward, but guess I was wrong.

Asked and answered long ago.

Mr. U, this is really turning into some prolonged and aggressive masterbation on your part.

I’m glad you’ve found a venue where you can start to work some of your issues out. I’m kinda sad that venue is here.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #42639 on: July 13, 2020, 08:15:01 PM »

I have appreciated your posted columns, analytics, memes, polls, and extended logical arguments and shared them elsewhere with others who have appreciated them in turn.

I can understand if this does not always feel (almost never, for you, perhaps) like a rewarding environment.

And I am sorry to whatever extent I have added to its not feeling like one.

And it will kill off a main supply of smart ideas I can pass off as my own in a variety of social settings. You don’t know how useful those in depth posts have been to me over the years.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42640 on: July 13, 2020, 08:22:28 PM »

https://www.newsweek.com/scans-reveal-heart-damage-over-half-covid-19-patients-study-1517293?fbclid=IwAR2BOYAYjmNOoRMaRvQ_fEGzwlZpOP1uluZoBCj3y4IwrhE9uIjSFyxBJc0

That includes a bunch who were not listed as severe cases. There are bunches of caveats, but it raises many more questions about the health of those not seen as severely ill from the virus.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #42641 on: July 13, 2020, 08:28:08 PM »

Judge blocks first federal execution in 17 years.

#####

Good.
Walking human beings into death chambers and wheeling them out dead, life snuffed out by the State, must cease...it's just not civilised.
Some say it's barbaric.
Go woke, go broke.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42642 on: July 13, 2020, 08:28:35 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/13/media/mary-trump-temporary-restraining-order-lifted/index.html

The temporary restraining order agaist Mary Trump has been lifted.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #42643 on: July 13, 2020, 08:34:03 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/13/politics/us-military-covid-spike/index.html

US Military COVID-19 cases have gone up 60% since the end of June.

I'll throw it over to Trump.

"More testing"
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42644 on: July 13, 2020, 08:34:59 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/13/politics/us-military-covid-spike/index.html

US Military COVID-19 cases have gone up 60% since the end of June.

I'll throw it over to Trump.

"More testing"

Because lying is better than truth to you?!

Okay. No surprises.
Pages: 1 ... 2841 2842 [2843] 2844 2845 ... 4288