Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2862 2863 [2864] 2865 2866 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2009593 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #42945 on: July 15, 2020, 01:07:58 PM »

OMG - Mary Trump is so un-hot.

You have daughters, no?

Funny thing, it wasn’t raising my girl child that made me less of down low sexist jerk it was raising my son.

Who raised Nick Cannon?
Because they failed: https://news.yahoo.com/viacomcbs-drops-nick-cannon-cites-053758452.html

Yeah, so?

Cannon’s been a jerk for a very long time. What’s that go to do with me?
If I had to guess, I would say it is the whole racist "All blacks are answerable for all other blacks" thing.

Bad guess. Just transition from his "raising", not race.

But, I did forget how hypersensitive Larry is, ready to take offense when none was ever given.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 03:34:29 PM by UNO »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #42946 on: July 15, 2020, 01:16:41 PM »

In time, you may understand.

You are saying a teacher is "much much MUCH more likely" to catch the virus after 30 minutes in the grocery store than 8 hours in a classroom with 30 kids.  You are also saying the are more likely to get it from an adult teacher in the school they encounter when, at lunch hour in the teacher's lounge, than that classroom.

As I said, if you think that is the case because an adult is more likely to transmit the virus, you are the one with the misunderstanding.  If there is some other reason why you think the above is true, then post it.

Just to sum up - is it your position that no schools in the US should open?

There is no need for your summation, kiidcarter8, because my position on this has been stated and restated several times now.

This country, despite having over four months to deal with it, is currently hosting multiple global epicenters of the Coronavirus.  We do not have transmission under control.  Therefore it is necessary to limit and monitor any interactions where that virus may be further transmitted.  An interior space in typically older buildings with poor ventilation where social distancing is impossible, where implements are shared frequently, and where (in the case of young kids) mask use is unlikely to be consistent is definitely one of those places.

Therefore, on school openings, science and the experts should be our guide, not politics.  And anyone who is saying "Schools are safe because the kids die at a less frequent rate than adults" is ignoring the science, very likely for political considerations.

If any of that is unclear to you, well, maybe you will get it over time.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #42947 on: July 15, 2020, 01:18:06 PM »

Presser at WH today re:  MS-13 gang activity

So in other words a politically motivated distraction targeting Trump's base.  Of course you will eat it up and ask for seconds.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42948 on: July 15, 2020, 01:19:08 PM »

Presser at WH today re:  MS-13 gang activity

Included Bill Barr stating US will seek the death penalty in case of captured killer member of the gang.

Of course MS-13 are nice kids - just hungry.

By the way - let this be an advance answer to the next time someone here wants to post, "What has this administration done?"

Did they do something?

It must have gotten lost in all the bumbling, lawless thuggery, and corruption.

But, I did forget how hypersensitive Larry is, ready to take offense when nine was ever given.

This line best summarizes UNO’s entire existence here.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

barton

« Reply #42949 on: July 15, 2020, 01:22:02 PM »

overmilitious

Every so often I realize how you can think Trump is a smart man.

I loved the bit about how asking a student to follow a safety rule would cause "damage" to "his psyche. "  Kid's an epidemiologist and a child psychologist.   

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #42950 on: July 15, 2020, 01:24:45 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/14/states-look-to-trump-for-a-national-plan-to-fight-coronavirus-361906

We’re still in the calm before the shitstorm. Trump will only make it worse.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #42953 on: July 15, 2020, 01:28:53 PM »

barton

« Reply #42954 on: July 15, 2020, 01:41:24 PM »

In time, you may understand.

Just to sum up - is it your position that no schools in the US should open?

In Elba where some rely on the strawman to support their poorly thought out opinions, kid's post above may be the strawiest of strawman posts ever.

One symptom of cognitive decline is the need to simplify any idea, often to where it bears little resemblance to what was presented to them.   It's why I've come to view the three stooges of Elba politics thread more with sadness than  indignation.   Same with Trump:  I'm more repelled by the vipers like Miller who drip poison into his ear than the failing man himself.   

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #42955 on: July 15, 2020, 01:45:47 PM »

Oklahoma's Governor tests positive:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/15/politics/kevin-stitt-oklahoma-governor-coronavirus/index.html

Asked if he would impose a statewide mandate for residents in light of diagnosis, Stitt said he's "not thinking about a mask mandate at all."

"I know that some businesses are mandating masks and that's great. But you can't pick and choose what freedoms you're going to give people."

Of course, in the case of public safety, the government at all levels picks and chooses the freedoms we enjoy all the time.

Not that I think the Governor's personal diagnosis should be the impetus to impose such a mandate.

barton

« Reply #42956 on: July 15, 2020, 01:49:47 PM »

But, I did forget how hypersensitive Larry is, ready to take offense when nine was ever given.

This line best summarizes UNO’s entire existence here.

Bizarre,  in terms of how obsessed he is with Larry (then,  when Larry notices, accuses him of "paranoia") and relentlessly seeks to tutor Larry on "being better" while remaining himself a troll playing endless game of gotcha.   

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42957 on: July 15, 2020, 01:52:03 PM »

Oklahoma's Governor tests positive:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/15/politics/kevin-stitt-oklahoma-governor-coronavirus/index.html

Asked if he would impose a statewide mandate for residents in light of diagnosis, Stitt said he's "not thinking about a mask mandate at all."

"I know that some businesses are mandating masks and that's great. But you can't pick and choose what freedoms you're going to give people."

This argument always makes me wonder, why is not wearing a mask a "freedom" while not wearing pants is a "crime"?
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #42958 on: July 15, 2020, 01:53:58 PM »

Twitter is not on the masthead of The New York Times. But Twitter has become its ultimate editor. As the ethics and mores of that platform have become those of the paper, the paper itself has increasingly become a kind of performance space. Stories are chosen and told in a way to satisfy the narrowest of audiences, rather than to allow a curious public to read about the world and then draw their own conclusions. I was always taught that journalists were charged with writing the first rough draft of history. Now, history itself is one more ephemeral thing molded to fit the needs of a predetermined narrative.

https://www.bariweiss.com/resignation-letter

« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 01:57:02 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #42959 on: July 15, 2020, 02:01:27 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/15/business/walmart-masks/index.html
Bravo!!!

Took until fucking mid-July.  Embarrassing.
Costco required masks in May.

In Shanghai, masks were required to enter Walmart, Tesco, Carrefour in January.  They also did a digital temp check on your forehead or wrist before you could enter.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 2862 2863 [2864] 2865 2866 ... 4288