Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2871 2872 [2873] 2874 2875 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2009975 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #43080 on: July 16, 2020, 09:26:27 AM »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 09:42:37 AM by Yankguy1 »
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

barton

« Reply #43082 on: July 16, 2020, 09:36:50 AM »

As parents, we will face many moments of anxiety: seeing our children off on their first day of kindergarten, their first day of camp, their first year of college. We may want to keep them home to protect them from the world, which can indeed be a frightening place. But let’s be clear, when we do that, we are not really protecting our children. We are only attempting to manage our own anxiety, and we do that at their expense. We are acting as negligent parents. We are harming our children. We are failing them.
We must agree to make decisions in the best interest of the children. If we do not—if, paralyzed by fear, we continue to act purely out of self-interest—we will ensure an entire generation of traumatized young adults, consigned to perpetual adolescence and residency in their parents’ garages, unable to move through life with independence, courage, and confidence. They deserve better—we owe it to them as parents.

Mark McDonald, a psychiatrist who specializes in children and at-risk youth, testifying at a June 24 hearing of the Orange County, Calif., Board of Supervisors

I hope you agree
I intend to make that exact argument to the cops next time I get stopped for going 45 in a school zone.

Or, if you prefer, I know a specious platitude when I see it.

What's interesting is that this expert assumes everyone would be acting "purely out of self-interest," when remote learning teaches children precisely the opposite:  how to make a sacrifice for the safety of the community's most vulnerable members.   Now there would be a teaching moment...

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #43083 on: July 16, 2020, 09:40:17 AM »

Folks acting like Parscale reassignment is uncommon.  Funny.

I think folks are acting like replacing your campaign manager a little over 100 days from an election is not a sign that the campaign is going well.

And I think folks are right.

Last guy who quit campaign this late in 2016 went to jail.

Trump hires only the best people criminals.

Five national polls released yesterday, three gave Biden over 50% support, one gave Biden 49% support, and the fifth one was from Rasmussen.

You can say national polling this far out is meaningless if you want, and 2020 has been unpredictable to say the least, but any other time with this few undecided voters, these support levels for a candidate would be the death knell for his or her opponent's campaign.

This election will be about COVID-19, and on that Trump is over a barrel.  If he keeps ignoring it going into November with 175,000 or more dead Americans, well, that's political suicide.  If he does a U-Turn and starts being a President on the issue (or more like pretending to be one as he did in April) that will only highlight how out of tough he was when there was actually a chance to slow down the viral spread.

At this point I really think his plan is all about using the virus to suppress votes.  And who knows, it could work.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43084 on: July 16, 2020, 09:49:41 AM »

Seems Stepian was also woth the McCain 2008 campaign.

Have to check out GAME CHANGE again - see how they portray him

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43085 on: July 16, 2020, 09:51:13 AM »

Five national polls released yesterday, three gave Biden over 50% support, one gave Biden 49% support, and the fifth one was from Rasmussen.

Rasmussen is the most accurate, surely.  IBB/TIP, also

Last RAS poll had Biden +10.

edit - didnt see the more recent Biden +3 from Rasmussen.   Nice shift for DT.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_biden-6247.html#!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 09:53:30 AM by kiidcarter8 »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #43086 on: July 16, 2020, 09:57:05 AM »

Rasmussen is the most accurate, surely.

Why?

« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 09:59:35 AM by Yankguy1 »
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

barton

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43088 on: July 16, 2020, 10:04:11 AM »

Trump needs to see the TOTAL DISAPPROVES fall back below 50% (Rasmussen).

Currently at 51 off a high of 56.

Again - trend is up.

Schools opening successfully will be a boon - though the press will point out every sniffle and sneeze of US 4th graders.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43089 on: July 16, 2020, 10:05:10 AM »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #43091 on: July 16, 2020, 10:14:00 AM »

though the press will point out every sniffle and sneeze of US 4th graders.

And death too.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43092 on: July 16, 2020, 10:20:24 AM »

The good ship titanic has switched Captains. The floundering campaign has about 5 more points of support to lose by November. The new guy has the talent and focus to bring team trump to it’s more natural level of 30% support among likely voters.

They brought in the guy who helped bring New Jersey Bridgegate. Bill Stepian. Turd Extraordinaire.

Stepian was involved in that?  Are you sure?

https://www.courthousenews.com/trump-calls-up-key-figure-from-bridgegate/

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43093 on: July 16, 2020, 10:23:47 AM »

Fewer kids getting their vaccinations during COVID 19.

https://www.wemu.org/post/fewer-kids-getting-vaccinated-during-covid-19

That adds to the risk of returning them to school.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43094 on: July 16, 2020, 10:32:30 AM »

In the primaries, Biden ran on a climate plan that would have spent $1.7 trillion over a decade. His new plan would spend $2 trillion in the first four years. This is proposed at a time when the United States faces an unprecedented debt that the Congressional Budget Office says is already on track to exceed the World War II record next year.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/editorials/joe-biden-bends-the-knee-to-aoc-on-climate
Pages: 1 ... 2871 2872 [2873] 2874 2875 ... 4288