Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2954 2955 [2956] 2957 2958 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2009477 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44325 on: July 23, 2020, 08:48:39 PM »

ECHO

I called Needs Amity.  UNO just picked it up.  Needs has made it no secret that is where he is from

I wont post it again.  My bad.

Needs? You’re from the Ville?

heh

Larry, Larry, Larry. Read all the posts you missed before you post.

You sound stupid, now.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44326 on: July 23, 2020, 08:52:04 PM »

Cops kill a guy with no compunction on video and when people gather to complain they are immediately met with violence from those sworn to Protect and Serve.

You kill my dog - I kill 18 members of your family
Thats the Portland mentality

Must be why so many police have been killed in Portland.

29 police have died in the line of duty in Portland, Kid.  Twenty-nine.

"You kill my dog - I kill 18 members of your family"

Since the dog died in 2014, Portland police have killed about 30 people, not 18.

But as it happens, the last one was in 2014. It was a dog. The human who died most recently was in 2002.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44327 on: July 23, 2020, 08:52:27 PM »

Seriously, you put up with this bullshit of "fuck off" and "fuck you" and "asswipe" and "asshole" and "I'll slap you and you'll like it" from everyone else, but I justifiably call out the little Princess of Prospect Park and suddenly it's OMG, there's a stranger in our midst!

If you cannot tell the difference between the two levels of bullshit, that's quite unfortunate.

I don't give a damn about the fuck offs and asswipes, anymore. I was reluctantly convinced a long time ago that that was the standard of discourse here.

I only lampooned your language because you were busy with your self-righteous platitudes about insults not being a right while simultaneously using them.

Then you explained, in full self-righteous wrath of god that because YOU have determined that something gave you just cause, NOW you would give people what they deserved, complete with your patented "could be fatal," which passes for a threat on almost any message board in the land.

So, cut the shit.

Go back to the run of the mill insults. Stop identifying where (you think) people live and stop threatening their lives.

Again.

Thanks for clarifying your confusion.

I don't, how you say, 'give a fuck" where anyone lives, and I have threatened no one's life.

I have promised to treat others as they have treated me.

That you see those as threats is telling.

And when it comes to self-righteousness, I may someday catch up to you.

Again, "may be fatal" is not a phrase that can be taken as an insult or advisory for health in the context in which you used it, as previously GRANTED by you.

It was a threat. You have said it was a stupid thing to have said.

Either accept that and acknowledge I have a point or go away. Pick one.

I acknowledged it was a poor choice of words. I understand how it could be perceived as such, but there was no intent to harm a person. That said, I apologize for the confusion.

I wished to warn that the continued course of action the princess employed would result in my choosing to engage VERBALLY in a manner that could prove fatal to her ego.

I'll try to be more clear, in the future.

Others, can do the same, when they toss out Nazi, brown shirt, etc...that they only wish to draw a parallel, to call out the behavior not the label the person as such.

This is what responsible individuals do.
Admit a mistake, and apologize.

Needs can do the same for labeling kid and others a Nazi, which everyone here knows is untrue.

Admit mistakes

NO

Don’t wanna get called that shit? Then don’t talk that shit.

Poor Lawrence. He is so far behind he can't catch up.

Btw, explain that part about the origin of police in the USA, again? ALL about slavery?

Explain.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44328 on: July 23, 2020, 09:02:03 PM »

News Item

Former U.S. Rep. Michael Myers (d) was charged this week with conspiring to violate voting rights by fraudulently stuffing Pennsylvania  ballot boxes for specific candidates in several primary elections, bribery and obstruction, the Justice Department said Thursday.
The Justice Department said Thursday Myers has been charged this week with conspiring and bribing the former Judge of Elections for the 39th Ward, 36th Division, Domenick J. Demuro. Demuro had pleaded guilty previously in federal court and was responsible for overseeing the entire election process and all voter activities of his division in accord with federal and state election laws.
Myers, 77, is accused of stuffing ballot boxes for candidates during the 2014, 2015 and 2016 primary elections, bribing Demuro, falsifying records, voting more that once in federal elections, and obstruction of justice.

Just a little slow.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44329 on: July 23, 2020, 09:09:01 PM »

The Mayor of the whitest  city in the nation

Any more stats you want to make up?

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44330 on: July 23, 2020, 09:10:41 PM »

Fuck off, idiot.

Lives have been saved by those lockdowns.

They're more important than your portfolio, you obnoxious twit.

(How am I doing, Josh?)

(Even though I agree with you, I applaud your restraint.)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44331 on: July 23, 2020, 09:14:39 PM »

This might be related to America’s growing understanding that republicans are terrible for the economy.
(.....)

"Let's consider that 18,000 was a realistic base.  The economy was going well under Obama, America was at full employment and a respected World leader and the deficit was getting under control – all good things that help a market stay strong.  The Dollar was strong too, it was at 102 in 2017 and Americans enjoyed great buying power and my kids loved going to the Dollar store to get knick knacks. 

Trump took office in January of 2017 and he cut taxes drastically for Corporations and people in the Top 1% and the Dollar dove all the way to 0.88 a year later, a 14% collapse that we've only recovered half of 2.5 years later.  Losing 7% of the buying power on every penny you've saved your entire life is a devastating shock to the average American, who was not able to offset the loss of buying power through their stock market gains. 

Still the weak Dollar is also good for our Corporate Citizens (thanks Citizens United!) as well as for the Top 1%, whose stock prices were jacked up by the weak dollar which, of course, makes our exports cheaper too.  This is how we make America Great, by devaluing our currency, running up the deficit and putting profits over people time and time again.  Surely that's worth a 20% boost in the Dow, isn't it?”

Good stuff - where can I read the rest of this (couldn't find link)?   

Several good analyses lately I've seen on the problems with making the Dow your fundamental measure of an economy.

https://www.thestreet.com/phildavis/stocks-options/4-million-infection-thursday-virus-rages-on-at-dow-27000

Thanks. I left out the attribution.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44332 on: July 23, 2020, 09:20:25 PM »

This might be related to America’s growing understanding that republicans are terrible for the economy.
(.....)

"Let's consider that 18,000 was a realistic base.  The economy was going well under Obama, America was at full employment and a respected World leader and the deficit was getting under control – all good things that help a market stay strong.  The Dollar was strong too, it was at 102 in 2017 and Americans enjoyed great buying power and my kids loved going to the Dollar store to get knick knacks. 

Trump took office in January of 2017 and he cut taxes drastically for Corporations and people in the Top 1% and the Dollar dove all the way to 0.88 a year later, a 14% collapse that we've only recovered half of 2.5 years later.  Losing 7% of the buying power on every penny you've saved your entire life is a devastating shock to the average American, who was not able to offset the loss of buying power through their stock market gains. 

Still the weak Dollar is also good for our Corporate Citizens (thanks Citizens United!) as well as for the Top 1%, whose stock prices were jacked up by the weak dollar which, of course, makes our exports cheaper too.  This is how we make America Great, by devaluing our currency, running up the deficit and putting profits over people time and time again.  Surely that's worth a 20% boost in the Dow, isn't it?”

Several good analyses lately I've seen on the problems with making the Dow your fundamental measure of an economy.

https://www.thestreet.com/phildavis/stocks-options/4-million-infection-thursday-virus-rages-on-at-dow-27000

Thanks. I left out the attribution.

It's fine. Copied the first sentence (18,000) and put it in quotes. Only your link showed up.

I suspect you have not read the last umpteen pages carefully. Is that the case or did you see my comment to you? If not, I will PM it.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44333 on: July 23, 2020, 09:20:42 PM »

(.....)

Media fucked up royally when they went along with Spicer announcing the first job numbers under Trump.

“I know the president said the previous numbers were fake (WHPC chuckles) but I can assure you he believes these numbers are real.” (WHPC laughs uproariously)

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #44334 on: July 23, 2020, 09:20:53 PM »

Still catching up.

Fac, Kid would like me to tell you to not call other posters drug users.

No problem. The dropped on head repeatedly as a young child theory fits the symptoms just as well.

Not sure there’s a treatment yet for repeated drops on the head before the skull is fully fused. Kind of a bummer for Kiid. My heart goes out to him, the unrepentant racist bastard that he is.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44335 on: July 23, 2020, 09:28:54 PM »

In good news, for the 2nd day in a row, our total new cases has been lower than the week before's count. Sure, our average daily new cases is still more than double the peak single day from the first months of the coronavirus, but declining is better than increasing.

In bad news, we've had 3 consecutive days over 1,000 dead for the first time in 7 weeks, with a return to a more rapid acceleration.

So, we will likely pass the next million cases even faster than 3-4 went, about two weeks total, while we will hit the next milestone, 150,000 dead in three days or four, would be my guess. (Sundays tend to be low.)

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #44336 on: July 23, 2020, 09:29:14 PM »

I don't know that kiidcarter8 is a Nazi.  I don't know that he isn't (and I do wonder why he frequents White Supremacist websites). 

Damn - I was being so nice to you and now I see this...

heh

It's OK - you're just being a dick.  You cant help it.

You post the links. Some wonder, and some throw it in the circular file of your continued decline and fall.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44337 on: July 23, 2020, 09:30:04 PM »

Lets see how long these IGs stay on the job:

That was one thought.

The other was whether it was somebody who is a more recent appointment and in the bag already.

Barr was clearly unhappy with Horowitz's conclusions on the FBI probe, so he at least gets some points for that.

But the probe on the leaks from the NY FBI office regarding the Hilary Clinton Email investigation hasn't gone anywhere, with no word on whether or not it has concluded.  So there are questions.

Rudy...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44338 on: July 23, 2020, 09:32:01 PM »

The economy in Lebanon is collapsing, and there is no reason for them to experience this problem, we can fix it, the same way that we helped Turkey. The World Bank, and the IMF, they have been through this many times, and they have saved many economies.

New York City can help as well, New York can steer investment into Lebanon, etc.

Gold can be obtained from Nevada, USA, and also from the country of Colombia, and from others, if they need to back their currency with gold.

Also, maybe Lebanon can get a new trade deal with China.

I have many ideas on how to create jobs in Lebanon...

They can get together with French and Italian designers and they can make clothes out of Egyptian cotton, and they can export the clothes to the Chinese. They can also plant fruit trees, and they can sell fruit to China, etc. They need to find out what the Chinese want to buy, and they need to supply the Chinese with what they want. I read that the Chinese love avocados, so maybe the people of Lebanon can grow avocados and they can sell avocados to the Chinese. We need peace and prosperity and job creation in Lebanon. They can also make olive oil, etc.

We have been through this before, and we can handle this crisis, and we can handle any crisis that comes our way.

And Lebanon is special because they have Christians there, they are allowed to worship freely in Lebanon.

Salute,

Tony V.

Tony, the Republican Senate won’t help the people right here.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #44339 on: July 23, 2020, 09:35:15 PM »

The Mayor of the whitest  city in the nation

Any more stats you want to make up?
Portland demographics 
White alone, percent   77.1%
Black or African American alone, percent 5.8%
American Indian and Alaska Native alone, percent 0.7%
Asian alone, percent 8.1%