Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3017 3018 [3019] 3020 3021 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2007777 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #45270 on: July 30, 2020, 09:37:49 AM »

Trump tweets idea to delay election. Suggesting the 2020 election will be marked with fraud.

He's the fucking fraud we have to be concerned about.

Just Donnie being Donnie"

Maybe we should ask Repubs when it would be convenient for them to hold the 2020 election. 2022 , 2025,

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #45271 on: July 30, 2020, 09:59:00 AM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/30/us/elections/biden-vs-trump.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Trailing badly in the polls, the president baselessly suggested the November election would be “the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT” in history.

His suggestion came minutes after the Commerce Department announced that the nation’s gross domestic product, the broadest measure of goods and services produced, fell 9.5 percent during the three months ending June 30, the largest quarterly drop on record. 

“With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history,” Mr. Trump wrote. “It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???”

Fuck this corrupt dictator clown.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #45272 on: July 30, 2020, 10:03:08 AM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/30/us/elections/biden-vs-trump.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Trailing badly in the polls, the president baselessly suggested the November election would be “the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT” in history.

His suggestion came minutes after the Commerce Department announced that the nation’s gross domestic product, the broadest measure of goods and services produced, fell 9.5 percent during the three months ending June 30, the largest quarterly drop on record. 

“With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history,” Mr. Trump wrote. “It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???”

It appears that Trump's tweet was issued at 8:46 am today, July 30th.  I had 7:22 am, July 30th in the pool as to when he would make this tweet.  I'm sure I lost. 
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #45273 on: July 30, 2020, 10:11:38 AM »

It appears that Trump's tweet was issued at 8:46 am today, July 30th.  I had 7:22 am, July 30th in the pool as to when he would make this tweet.  I'm sure I lost.

I think it was about 3 years ago, I was watching Bill Maher on HBO and he was riffing about what would happen if Trump upon losing the 2020 election, would not leave office, and thought it just another of Maher's hot-takes. But as time has passed and Trump's authoritarian stylings have beome more and more pronounced, Maher's hot-take appears more and more on target. I don't know if Maher won the pool, but his seeming paranoia about Trump doesn't seem so nuts after-all.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #45274 on: July 30, 2020, 10:20:39 AM »

It would be Biden again - unless he gets sick.  No way they risk a change.

Biden would be 81.
And he doesn't really have any reason to be President (any agenda to advance) except to remove Trump and return to Obama era normality.

He might be tempted to stick out another 4 years, but I think he'd walk while popular and pass the baton.

I do think the medical may catch him.

But other than that, no true patriot walks away.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #45275 on: July 30, 2020, 10:22:12 AM »

---Louie Gohmert, who refused to wear a mask, tests positive for coronavirus---

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/29/louis-gohmert-who-refused-to-wear-a-mask-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-386076

Another republican lawmaker gets the virus for not wearing mask. At this point insane.

Too bad Barr wasnt infected

Then you could really have a party.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45276 on: July 30, 2020, 10:22:47 AM »

The world has gone crazy the Cancel Culture is hard at work destroying lives...

A friend of mine, after 7 yrs of medical school and training, has been fired for one minor mistake. He slept with one of his patients.
And now he can no longer work in his profession. Such a waste of time, effort, training and money! Sadly he is still paying on his school loans.

This just goes to show one minor mishap can ruin your life.
Thoughts for him and his family right now in this time of sadness.

He really is a great guy and a brilliant veterinarian.

Sleeping with animals is a crime. Well, maybe not in Ohio. Which could explain Jim Jordan.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #45277 on: July 30, 2020, 10:23:09 AM »

she was truly the definition of the lesser of two evils .

Really?  Why?

She is a moderate, ok.  And you could say that her response to the Lewinsky affair was contemptible.  It was.

But evil?  What reason is there to think that she would not have continued the professional, competent and compassionate leadership we took for granted under Obama?

Because she was responsible for plenty of mayhem as SoS, arguably leading to a coup and unnecessary deaths to our south.

I happen to disagree with that view, but it is a pretty common one on the left side of our political spectrum.

There's also the perpetual complaint about her support for the 1994 Crime Bill, for all that she was not an elected official. (I think it's a dumb complaint.)

But given that the GOP was attacking her falsely even before her husband got elected as president in 1992, it does not seem odd that she is viewed so negatively.

OTOH, if I were Biden, I would be sorely temped if I won to ask *her* to return to work!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #45278 on: July 30, 2020, 10:23:48 AM »

In 80% of relationships one person cheats.

I think that includes the brothers who cheat with 3 different women

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #45279 on: July 30, 2020, 10:26:52 AM »

I thought her a poor candidate, but very qualified for the job, and was voting for her despite my perceptions of her.

Yet never once did you - nor did YG - say that she could lose.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #45280 on: July 30, 2020, 10:27:39 AM »

It would be Biden again - unless he gets sick.  No way they risk a change.

Biden would be 81.
And he doesn't really have any reason to be President (any agenda to advance) except to remove Trump and return to Obama era normality.

He might be tempted to stick out another 4 years, but I think he'd walk while popular and pass the baton.

I do think the medical may catch him.

But other than that, no true patriot walks away.

You're so full of shit it is impossible to measure. Supersaturated, to say the least.

LBJ says hi,

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #45281 on: July 30, 2020, 10:28:38 AM »

In 80% of relationships one person cheats.

I think that includes the brothers who cheat with 3 different women

Oh, look, the racist speaks again.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #45282 on: July 30, 2020, 10:28:50 AM »

heh

What else would you fucking expect?  Likely if you really dissected it this would be a better than expected figure.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45283 on: July 30, 2020, 10:29:37 AM »

Hilary Clinton was a divisive candidate.  Dems needed to at least add Bernie as her running mate to retain the Bernie vote.

Ya'all thought her perfect at the time

y'all don't know what you're babbling about.

she was truly the definition of the lesser of two evils . But as we've sadly learned the truly evil candidate won in '16 and his evil grows every day.

In one of my last convos with Red I spoke of my reservations about her, but I was voting for her nontheless, as she was qualified for the job. Trump was not. and has only gotten worse.

y'all never say y'all in New Jersey. Well, maybe in Ocean County, but still, y'all don't.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #45284 on: July 30, 2020, 10:29:44 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 3017 3018 [3019] 3020 3021 ... 4288