Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3018 3019 [3020] 3021 3022 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2008088 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #45285 on: July 30, 2020, 10:30:54 AM »

I think it was about 3 years ago, I was watching Bill Maher on HBO and he was riffing about what would happen if Trump upon losing the 2020 election, would not leave office, and thought it just another of Maher's hot-takes. But as time has passed and Trump's authoritarian stylings have beome more and more pronounced, Maher's hot-take appears more and more on target. I don't know if Maher won the pool, but his seeming paranoia about Trump doesn't seem so nuts after-all.

Funny -

til it is explained how that could actually work.

Still - I wouldnt expect it.  But it might be a crazy two to three months following the election.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #45286 on: July 30, 2020, 10:32:01 AM »

RIP Herman Cain.

COVID-19.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #45287 on: July 30, 2020, 10:33:09 AM »

RIP Herman Cain.

COVID-19.

Which accusation are you going to make this time, Kid?

That we're partying? Or that we're making up the cause of death and it isn't really the virus that killed him?

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45288 on: July 30, 2020, 10:36:27 AM »

In 80% of relationships one person cheats.
Did you make that up or is your source one of those great websites you frequent?

Bambu plays a lot of Monopoly games at the home.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #45289 on: July 30, 2020, 10:39:14 AM »

I thought her a poor candidate, but very qualified for the job, and was voting for her despite my perceptions of her.

Yet never once did you - nor did YG - say that she could lose.

Kid-I can't speak for YG, but in '16 I thought she was going to beat Trump. It was not until Comey's October surprise I thought the election might take a turn as pissed off Dems and indies stayed home in disgust.

HOWEVER  kid, that was not your argument that I rebutted.

Very few here, if any, thought her to be the perfect candidate.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #45290 on: July 30, 2020, 10:41:32 AM »

It would be Biden again - unless he gets sick.  No way they risk a change.

Biden would be 81.
And he doesn't really have any reason to be President (any agenda to advance) except to remove Trump and return to Obama era normality.

He might be tempted to stick out another 4 years, but I think he'd walk while popular and pass the baton.

I do think the medical may catch him.

But other than that, no true patriot walks away.

Yes, a "true patriot" does walk away, once he has secured the future for younger patriots. In fact, all of the patriots, by that I mean people who truly believe in the ideals of America and its promise for ALL Americans, are Democrats.

So glad you brought this up.

Anyone who votes for the GOP's candidate this fall is not a true patriot. They are zealous authoritarians who are practicing the opposite of American ideals.

So, to all those true patriots, or Democrats, or those who are certainly not in the GOP, I say, "LET'S GO!"
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #45291 on: July 30, 2020, 10:42:38 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/07/29/texas-louie-gohmert-positive-covid-19-raju-nr-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/this-week-in-politics/

Gohmert blames wearing a mask for his catching the virus.

Of course he does. Otherwise, he would have to admit that he was wrong.

Sound like any people we know here?!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #45292 on: July 30, 2020, 10:47:58 AM »

Tulsa

Cain was among the highest-profile public figures in the United States to have died from COVID-19. A 74-year-old survivor of stage 4 colon cancer, Cain had been a business executive and the board chairman of a branch of Kansas City’s Federal Reserve Bank before moving into Republican politics and eventually becoming a presidential candidate.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/30/former-gop-presidential-candidate-herman-cain-dies-after-battle-with-coronavirus.html?__source=newsletterbreakingnews
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #45293 on: July 30, 2020, 10:51:38 AM »

I thought her a poor candidate, but very qualified for the job, and was voting for her despite my perceptions of her.

Bullshit.  I said all along she was a terrible candidate and that Trump was going to win.  In an epic, for me, post the Friday before the election I said that Trump was going to win and I explained why.  It was more than 140 words (the Twitter limit a at the time) so I'm sure you didn't bother reading. 
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #45294 on: July 30, 2020, 10:51:48 AM »

y'all never say y'all in New Jersey. Well, maybe in Ocean County, but still, y'all don't.

Youse is quite popular ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #45295 on: July 30, 2020, 10:58:52 AM »

HRC was not a good candidate. She was qualified, and she likely would have handled this virus differently than Trump (the "war-time President!"), who now has the blood of tens of thousands of American deaths on his little hands.

She had 5 major flaws as a candidate, in my view.

1) She stood by her man, just like Tammy Wynette said she would, which for many was unforgivable, despite it being none of their business how two people cope with the frailties of their marriage.

2) She didn't know how to hit back, when she got hit, without it sounding like she was delivering someone else's lines. She was a great student and could learn her lines well, but she does not speak well extemporaneously, and she never sounded unrehearsed. That is the kind of person who sounds inauthentic to too many Americans, who are natural born skeptics, as a rule. She reminded me of those teachers who had the perfect lesson plans, and are competent as long as they had motivated students, but don't know how to handle the smart-ass who sat in the back of the room.

3) She came across to many as entitled to the job of POTUS, a certain "who else but me?" That was a turn-off to many. The fact that she didn't go to Wisconsin, underscores the perception of entitlement.

4) She appeared to take Bernie Sanders's criticism personally, and she didn't show that wing of the party a path towards what they were demonstrating they needed and wanted. She didn't know how to solve discord within her own party, and that was a problem for getting turnout, especially in states that were in play.

5) And lastly, she was a she. No matter how far you think you've come, America, you still don't trust a woman to get the job done.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #45296 on: July 30, 2020, 11:00:09 AM »

Bullshit.  I said all along she was a terrible candidate and that Trump was going to win.  In an epic, for me, post the Friday before the election I said that Trump was going to win and I explained why.  It was more than 140 words (the Twitter limit a at the time) so I'm sure you didn't bother reading.

I'll vouch for that. YG said those things on numerous occasions.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45297 on: July 30, 2020, 11:01:53 AM »

Yes he did.
A parrot bit me.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #45298 on: July 30, 2020, 11:04:04 AM »

y'all never say y'all in New Jersey. Well, maybe in Ocean County, but still, y'all don't.

Youse is quite popular ...

Not really.

Ya, and yuzz in South Jersey.

As in Whadaya want?

Did ya see that?

Or, Whadda yuzz want? Did yuzz see that?

But they do say car, and father.

As opposed to cah and fathah.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #45299 on: July 30, 2020, 11:05:04 AM »

Tulsa

Cain was among the highest-profile public figures in the United States to have died from COVID-19. A 74-year-old survivor of stage 4 colon cancer, Cain had been a business executive and the board chairman of a branch of Kansas City’s Federal Reserve Bank before moving into Republican politics and eventually becoming a presidential candidate.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/30/former-gop-presidential-candidate-herman-cain-dies-after-battle-with-coronavirus.html?__source=newsletterbreakingnews

Think Trump will go to HIS funeral?
Pages: 1 ... 3018 3019 [3020] 3021 3022 ... 4288