Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3090 3091 [3092] 3093 3094 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1611017 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #46365 on: August 07, 2020, 02:33:58 AM »

Trump’s pollsters just realized that Kanye pulls more from trump than he does from Biden.

What a waste of $53,000,000.00

I missed that. Where was it?

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #46366 on: August 07, 2020, 02:43:52 AM »

George W had 9-11 to deal with.
Donald Trump has Covid-19 to deal with.
Barack Obama had nothing like those to deal with.

Your premise be wrong.
Obama only had to rescue the entire financial structure which was rapidly crumbling, you might remember the Bush Depression.  The entire banking and US auto industry almost went belly up.   And yet Obama got a lot less gov't money/support than Trump has been given to deal with the Virus.

Also, looks at the responses:

Bush invaded and destroyed two countries, both of which we're still entangled with nearly two decades later.  Iraq/Saddam had zero to do with 9/11 and was a negligible threat to anyone (except his own people, who have fared much worse without him and with the US in his place).  Bush had fantasies of remaking Iraq as a capitalist oil democracy (and probably wanted revenge for Saddam targeting his Pops). 

Trillions wasted.  Hundreds of thousands killed or displaced.  WAR!!
America also got into the dubious business of torturing and outsourcing torture to our less squeamish allies.  Not to mention indefinite detention without trial in a prison intended to be strategically outside of US legal jurisdiction.

Btw, post-9/11 pro-America sentiment also got W Bush reelected.

Obama righted the economy, saved the auto industry, re-regulated banking/financial players some.  Didn't kill anyone.

Trump allowed the virus to run rampant in the worst display of crisis management possible.  Hundreds of thousands dead.  But takes no responsibility and comically proclaims that he's done a great job.
Much like W Bush, a huge preventable disaster that he'll pass off to a Dem president to clean up.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 02:49:24 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46367 on: August 07, 2020, 02:46:50 AM »

Trump’s pollsters just realized that Kanye pulls more from trump than he does from Biden.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-cheers-on-kanyes-bid-but-his-pollster-has-got-reservations
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #46368 on: August 07, 2020, 02:48:40 AM »

Sounds like a nine year old bully trying to blame it on the other kid, a bully already so unmanageable he’s already being sized up for military school.

"Always blame the other guy"- top cop (deceased) once told me.
Go woke, go broke.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #46369 on: August 07, 2020, 02:53:38 AM »

Trump advisers hesitated to give military options and warned adversaries over fears he might start a war

Reportedly after a small incident of mortar fire in Baghdad, the NSA said that Trump wanted military options against Iran included in response plans, and the defense dept refused to comply.  Weren't willing to go there without a direct order form the president to do so.  Trump lost interest, etc.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46370 on: August 07, 2020, 02:56:55 AM »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-cheers-on-kanyes-bid-but-his-pollster-has-got-reservations

Thank you!

Interesting.

You suppose KW could be the first candidate for president to be involuntarily committed during a campaign?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46371 on: August 07, 2020, 02:59:40 AM »

There’s a major party candidate who’d better qualify, the one with orange clown paint on his face.

This is a sobering read,

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/political-commentary/covid-19-end-of-american-era-wade-davis-1038206/
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #46372 on: August 07, 2020, 05:19:41 AM »

So far the century is up for grabs.

America in rapid decline.  Constantly shooting itself in the foot when we have a GOP president and recovering some under a Dem.  For future guidance, just look at the UK, a nation of drunk football hooligans who crashed out of their main alliance for no reason except xenophobia and some fear of regulations (in a ridiculous majority vote referendum).  That's the trajectory ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46373 on: August 07, 2020, 07:35:07 AM »

https://www.foxnews.com/media/minneapolis-star-tribune-endorses-ilhan-omar-opponent

Omar 15 minutes may be up         

She scares the shit out of you... good.

Actually not a big fan of hers myself. Too much hate speech comes from her.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #46374 on: August 07, 2020, 07:36:19 AM »

So Joe, say what?
Biden:

And by the way, what you all know, but most people don’t know, unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things.”

(During an interview that aired at the convention of the National Association of Black Journalists and National Association of Hispanic Journalists broadcast by NPR.
8-6-2020)

Where the lie?

Look at voting percentages and it tracks.
LOL!

Well that settles that...
But probably not.
Joe has just started a $280 Million Multi state campaign to shore up the BLACK vote.
Just weeks ago he boasted if you are debating between Trump and me YOU AINT BLACK!
And today he defined the black community as anything but DIVERSE!

Why then the ad campaign?

Because we all know the GOP is going to use every lever of government in their power to make it harder for black people to vote. So if I’m Biden and I can figure on 85-90% of that vote it makes sense for me to get as many of those voters to the polls as I can .

Math, ya know?
Hmmm.

The only effective suppresser of the black vote in 2016 was Hillary.
Biden is going to be worse.
Hence the ad campaign. And the need for a black woman Veep candidate.

"1000 a day. It is what it is."
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #46375 on: August 07, 2020, 07:40:20 AM »

Barack Obama had nothing like those to deal with.

You don't know that.

In the two instances that you mention, the president in question was warned in advance of the major problem that there was something he needed to pay attention to.

Who knows what Obama was warned of and dealt with before it reached this level of issue.

I guess the economic collapse caused by the Bush Administration was just a minor detail for Obama to come into.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #46376 on: August 07, 2020, 07:41:37 AM »

Trump says much more garbled, unintelligible and blatantly incorrect shit than that e v e r y d a y.

Just today:

"(Biden will) Take away your guns, destroy your second amendment, no religion, no anything. Hurt the bible, hurt God. He's against God, he's against guns."

So God is for guns?

Oh, okay...

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46377 on: August 07, 2020, 09:07:17 AM »

Barack Obama had nothing like those a world-wide economic collapse to deal with.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #46378 on: August 07, 2020, 09:09:41 AM »

Sounds like a nine year old bully trying to blame it on the other kid, a bully already so unmanageable he’s already being sized up for military school.

"Always blame the other guy"- top cop (deceased) once told me.
Or as Harry Truman once said, "The buck stops with that guy over there."
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #46379 on: August 07, 2020, 09:12:38 AM »

https://www.foxnews.com/media/minneapolis-star-tribune-endorses-ilhan-omar-opponent

Omar 15 minutes may be up         

She scares the shit out of you... good.

Actually not a big fan of hers myself. Too much hate speech comes from her.
But then, your definition of hate speech is being assertive about the problems of minority communities.
Pages: 1 ... 3090 3091 [3092] 3093 3094 ... 4288