Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3152 3153 [3154] 3155 3156 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2007982 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #47295 on: August 16, 2020, 12:21:46 PM »

Kushner killing it today on Face the Nation

If only you were an honest reporter, we would be able to know if there was something worth seeing.

But you have consistently reported such results when the subject you were praising was... flailing and failing. I'll wait for other reviews before deciding if it was worth watching.

Why don't you watch it religiously?

Be informed.

Brennan reminds me of the self-promoting print reporter from Richard Jewell.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #47296 on: August 16, 2020, 12:21:52 PM »

Rates are too low and expenses are too high while the number of addresses needing servicing are increasing. Any money Washington wants to grant under the guise of “COVID-19 relief” is needed for long term viability. Any argument it is needed for the 2020 election is just true.

FIFY

The argument for need in 2020 is obvious,  so obvious you keep evading it with other issues.   Lots of people voting by mail when there's a pandemic.   So prompt high-volume logistics are needed.   Now.   No one's disputing that deeper systemic repairs should come after,  which ensure timely delivery of necessities to people in remote rural areas and aren't dependent on a profit center for some private courier.   But fixing things now requires both Congress and a President who isn't subverting the USPS mission with a crony appointment  and a publicly stated contempt for full enfranchisement.
How cute. Your FIFY is a frequent childish tactic on this forum.
Usually happens when the poster has no rebuttal.
Your follow up comments prove my point.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #47297 on: August 16, 2020, 12:23:40 PM »

All the arguments you see coming out from Conservatives, which REDSTATEWARD is now parroting, about how "inefficient" the USPS was and how much reform was needed are hilariously bad on their face.

Maybe the USPS needed reform to get it to be more efficient.  OK.  But slowing down the delivery of mail, firing dozens of top officials without replacing them, banning overtime, and removing sorting machines in large metropolitan areas and swing states are not reforms one undertakes to increase efficiency.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #47298 on: August 16, 2020, 12:27:48 PM »

Kushner killing it today on Face the Nation

If only you were an honest reporter, we would be able to know if there was something worth seeing.

But you have consistently reported such results when the subject you were praising was... flailing and failing. I'll wait for other reviews before deciding if it was worth watching.

Why don't you watch it religiously?

Be informed.

Brennan reminds me of the self-promoting print reporter from Richard Jewell.

I don't believe watching it religiously would cause me to be better informed than reading the reviews after it do. Almost never is there anything in any of the Sunday morning shows that immediacy would offer versus a delay of an hour or three provides, without my having to listen to the posturing and being infuriating at the ineffective questioning.

Indeed, it is what many of the folks here do with your posts - they wait to see if there are responses to them and otherwise blow them off. Like what many people have done with mine, too. :-)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #47299 on: August 16, 2020, 12:29:44 PM »

Kushner killing it today on Face the Nation - even though Ms Brennan wouldnt let him talk.

Leader of the party indeed

It will be a shame when he can't run on even level for being a Jew.

Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit,
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #47301 on: August 16, 2020, 12:36:23 PM »

Shut up.

Stop making it fund the retirement of workers yet to be born.
That decision made long ago. Typical of government mentality it was very inefficient.

That decision was made in 2006

The Republicans had the presidency and majorities in both Houses  of Congress. .
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47302 on: August 16, 2020, 12:37:13 PM »

Email subject from DonaldJTrump.com today:

"Help Us CRUSH Hillary"

Living in the past.
GOP will still be raising money off of her when she is dead.
A parrot bit me.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #47303 on: August 16, 2020, 12:39:16 PM »

Rates are too low and expenses are too high while the number of addresses needing servicing are increasing. Any money Washington wants to grant under the guise of “COVID-19 relief” is needed for long term viability. Any argument it is needed for the 2020 election is just true.

FIFY

The argument for need in 2020 is obvious,  so obvious you keep evading it with other issues.   Lots of people voting by mail when there's a pandemic.   So prompt high-volume logistics are needed.   Now.   No one's disputing that deeper systemic repairs should come after,  which ensure timely delivery of necessities to people in remote rural areas and aren't dependent on a profit center for some private courier.   But fixing things now requires both Congress and a President who isn't subverting the USPS mission with a crony appointment  and a publicly stated contempt for full enfranchisement.

There are two issues at the moment with the USPS.

One is the money needed to help the USPS deal with COVID.  Like everyone in the US right now, the pandemic has led to shortfalls that would lead to cuts in service without the aid being proposed by Democrats.  Trump himself has said that aid is required to handle the influx of mail-in ballots, and points to that as reason to deny the aid.  The fact of that is in dispute, as there are experts who say that the USPS should be able to handle 50 million mail-in ballots without the aid (assuming the cuts in service don't happen before November.)  What is not in dispute is that Trump has made clear that he sees damaging the USPS as a way of preventing mail-in voting.

Second issue are the "reforms" being put in place by the Trump Donor put in charge of the USPS which have had the effect of slowing down service, and seem to be aimed toward making the USPS less able to handle the influx of mail-in ballots.  In the context of Trump's comments re: the first issue, its clear that the intended effect of those "reforms" is not to make the service more efficient, but to discredit mail-in ballots by having them arrive too late to be counted.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #47304 on: August 16, 2020, 12:41:28 PM »

I was thinking if the USPS can deliver about 2 billion Christmas cards in the US every year, and generally in about 1-month's period, why should handling about 200 million ballots, or 10% of the Christmas cards, be so challenging?

Come on people, common sense-use it!

Its 3-card Donnie-distract the rubes and steal the election!

How about if just this year, the USPS delays X-Mas, Chanukah, Kwanza mailings and focus on delivering ballots to help save our democracy?

So what Aunt Dottie's fruitcake comes a few days late, or the Ralphie's pink bunny suit arrives for the Rose Bowl instead of X-Mas, Ralphie will get over it.

What we don't want is Donnie's face plastered on US Forever stamp.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 12:48:15 PM by bankshot1 »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47305 on: August 16, 2020, 12:43:55 PM »

FIFY

How cute. Your FIFY my "LOL" is a frequent childish tactic on this forum.
Usually happens I use it when the poster has I have no rebuttal.
Your follow up comments prove my point are impossible to rebut so I will just say something nonsensical and unsupported like "prove my point".
FIFY.
A parrot bit me.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #47306 on: August 16, 2020, 01:33:34 PM »

Just a few bad apples.

In teams.

With no objections from any of them.

I suppose the insistence of the "a few bad apples" theorists is that this department, either accidentally or intentionally, put them all in one group. Yeah, right.

https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/local/story/2020/jul/09/arrington-lawsuit/527206/?fbclid=IwAR3BkQB4abzLitVFUG-hL1FiBPHeO8GPX0A0fCDuVmZC72hJ8H64D0Y15SI

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #47307 on: August 16, 2020, 01:34:58 PM »

Rates are too low and expenses are too high while the number of addresses needing servicing are increasing. Any money Washington wants to grant under the guise of “COVID-19 relief” is needed for long term viability. Any argument it is needed for the 2020 election is just Political noise.

Second issue are the "reforms" being put in place by the Trump Donor put in charge of the USPS which have had the effect of slowing down service, and seem to be aimed toward making the USPS less able to handle the influx of mail-in ballots.  In the context of Trump's comments re: the first issue, its clear that the intended effect of those "reforms" is not to make the service more efficient, but to discredit mail-in ballots by having them arrive too late to be counted.
The USPS has already stated it can handle the increased traffic in absentee ballots.  But it has warned that because of the differences in State Election Laws it cannot guarantee all ballots can be delivered in time to be counted.  So it is each state’ s responsibility to adjust.  Here in Arizona voters are being told to mail in by October 27, a week before Election Day.  Additionally Board of Elections’ officials are installing drop boxes at polling places so voters can turn in their ballots and avoid election lines.

Ultimately, of course, it is up to the voter to act responsibly and make the proper arrangements so his or her vote gets counted.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #47308 on: August 16, 2020, 01:47:53 PM »

For those that do find viewing time on Sundays -

MEDIA BUZZ quite informative today, as usual.

barton

« Reply #47309 on: August 16, 2020, 01:55:59 PM »

FIFY

How cute. Your FIFY is a frequent childish tactic on this forum.
Usually happens when the poster has no rebuttal.

Yet I had a rebuttal you were incapable of answering.   I made the case that asking for emergency funding for a deluge of letters in a pandemic election is not "political noise," as you dismissively put it.   You had no substantive reply.   The FIFY is a running joke here,  so get over it.   Lime is a master of the art.   

Give me one reason,  ONE,  that the PMG should  pick right now to reduce overtime, sorting machines,  second pickups, and other measures that thwart a high-volume mail handling situation we will have this fall.   One reason that's not a corrupt crony attack on the November election.   Even Mark Meadows is trying to walk some of this foolishness back as people all over the political spectrum are expressing outrage.   

We're not debating the states responsibilities here,  but rather how the federal postal system can be slowed down to harm implementation of mail voting in some states.   Try to keep up.   
Pages: 1 ... 3152 3153 [3154] 3155 3156 ... 4288