Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3156 3157 [3158] 3159 3160 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2007924 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #47355 on: August 16, 2020, 06:58:53 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/16/us/osu-sorority-covid-trnd/index.html

Oklahoma State sorority house placed in quarantine after 23 members test positive for Covid-19

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/16/us/unc-cluster-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

UNC has four Covid-19 clusters less than a week after starting classes[/size

https://www.13wmaz.com/article/news/local/some-central-georgia-colleges-report-covid-19-cases-on-campus/93-376c9ffa-085c-4b63-a02a-417d6d2bd9d9

Some Central Georgia colleges report COVID-19 cases on campus

"Georgia College in Milledgeville and Middle Georgia State University are reporting positive COVID-19 cases on their websites."

They're not alone.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #47356 on: August 16, 2020, 07:03:00 PM »

Cutbacks in the USPS are long overdue.  It is setup to be revenue neutral and subsist on revenues generated.
It is at least $80 billion in the red which means our tax money needs to bail it out.

Yes, it is set up to be revenue neutral and to subsist on revenues generated.

I question that choice.
why would you question it?

Why wouldn't you? Why should it be?!

What other governmental agencies are "revenue neutral," in and of themselves?
THe USPS is an independent service and not supported by tax revenue, like Defense, Education, Labor Departments .

Only since 1970 has it been "independent," but it is still a part of the Executive Branch. It continued to receive budgetary support, with bits and pieces of that getting dropped over the last 38 years or so.

I asked, "What other governmental agencies are "revenue neutral," in and of themselves?"

I can think of about 30 other independent agencies. Only one of them is supposed to provide its own budget - Social Security.

I reiterate: "What other governmental agencies are "revenue neutral," in and of themselves?"

And, further, why should the USPS be one of them?! The changes that made that so are legislative. What reasons are there for not changing it back?
Changing it back to what?
If you want to make it for-profit remember it is charged with delivering first class mail every where in the USA even if it takes teams of mules to reach destinations in rural Montana.  In return it was granted a monopoly on first and third rate mail and ownership of all postal mailboxes in the Country. SCOTUS has ruled that the USPS , as an independent government agency, is immune from antitrust actions.

Given that it has never been for-profit, it would be hard to change it "back" to that, wouldn't you think?!

Changing it back from being an "independent" agency, Ward. Returning it to being an Executive Branch department at the Cabinet level.

And I am still waiting for your oh so cogent analysis of:"What other governmental agencies are "revenue neutral," in and of themselves?"

As well as Why should it be?!

But at this point, your refusal to even attempt the red question says you know of none. And you have no good answer to the 2nd question, either.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47357 on: August 16, 2020, 07:03:58 PM »

Since his dick fell off, Red stopped ordering little blue pills. He has no further interest in the postal service.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #47358 on: August 16, 2020, 07:15:43 PM »

Older folks and minorities are more likely to miss the vote Nov 3 if it has to be in person

This favors Republicans

But COVID itself has greatly benefited the Dems.

It is what it is.

When a party’s electoral strategy depends on fewer people voting it means they know their policies suck for most Americans.

Trump is running on the issues.

Some work to do, yes.

Trump is running on lies, misrepresentations, and fear.

"Some work to do" is a candidate for the "gross understatement of the year" award.

The right work done can not only take down trump but also the criminal organization festooned with republican party regalia, the cess pit of corruption, dissolution, and mental disorders know as an old party no longer grand.

http://youtu.be/5JQWooPwJtQ

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47359 on: August 16, 2020, 07:41:16 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/americans-beginning-to-turn-against-the-black-lives-matter-movement/ar-BB180GR4?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

Americans 'beginning to turn against' the Black Lives Matter movement

The American public is beginning to see through the pernicious lies being disseminated by the Black Lives Matter movement, according to author and political commentator Shemeka Michelle.

#####

Thank God for that.
I was hoping the American public would see the light eventually.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #47360 on: August 16, 2020, 07:52:17 PM »

Why do you think God is against Black Lives Matter?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #47361 on: August 16, 2020, 08:05:05 PM »

Beau of the Fifth Column

“It is what it is” & “we’ve got nothing to fear but fear itself”

http://youtu.be/RHYHuFxLeEA

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #47362 on: August 16, 2020, 08:06:22 PM »

"according to author and political commentator Shemeka Michelle"

Do you not know the difference between opinion and news?!

In this case, the opinion of a conservative commentator?

She doesn't even offer a rationale for why she believes that!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #47363 on: August 16, 2020, 08:10:24 PM »

It’s very likely she is over Black Lives Matter.

Bambu is thanking god because when he and his buddies get together and chant “white lives matter”, they are aiming to go out and hurt some Black or Brown or otherwise “funny looking” or “funny sounding” people. He assumes it works the same way in reverse.

He’s a perverse bastard, but “It is what it is”.

In other news,

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/8/16/1969831/-I-ve-found-the-perfect-Biden-Harris-ad-Huzzah

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #47364 on: August 16, 2020, 08:11:57 PM »

Bambu is thanking god because when he and his buddies get together and chant “white lives matter”, they are aiming to go out and hurt some black or brown or otherwise “funny looking or sounding” people. He assumes it works the same way in reverse.

In other news,

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/8/16/1969831/-I-ve-found-the-perfect-Biden-Harris-ad-Huzzah
Go out? Bambu hasn't left his basement since the 60's.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #47365 on: August 16, 2020, 08:13:22 PM »

Cutbacks in the USPS are long overdue.  It is setup to be revenue neutral and subsist on revenues generated.
It is at least $80 billion in the red which means our tax money needs to bail it out.

Yes, it is set up to be revenue neutral and to subsist on revenues generated.

I question that choice.
why would you question it?

Why wouldn't you? Why should it be?!

What other governmental agencies are "revenue neutral," in and of themselves?
THe USPS is an independent service and not supported by tax revenue, like Defense, Education, Labor Departments .

Only since 1970 has it been "independent," but it is still a part of the Executive Branch. It continued to receive budgetary support, with bits and pieces of that getting dropped over the last 38 years or so.

I asked, "What other governmental agencies are "revenue neutral," in and of themselves?"

I can think of about 30 other independent agencies. Only one of them is supposed to provide its own budget - Social Security.

I reiterate: "What other governmental agencies are "revenue neutral," in and of themselves?"

And, further, why should the USPS be one of them?! The changes that made that so are legislative. What reasons are there for not changing it back?
Changing it back to what?
If you want to make it for-profit remember it is charged with delivering first class mail every where in the USA even if it takes teams of mules to reach destinations in rural Montana.  In return it was granted a monopoly on first and third rate mail and ownership of all postal mailboxes in the Country. SCOTUS has ruled that the USPS , as an independent government agency, is immune from antitrust actions.

Given that it has never been for-profit, it would be hard to change it "back" to that, wouldn't you think?!
Then why did you ask the question?
Changing it back from being an "independent" agency, Ward. Returning it to being an Executive Branch department at the Cabinet level.
Which would accomplish what?

And I am still waiting for your oh so cogent analysis of:"What other governmental agencies are "revenue neutral," in and of themselves?"

As well as Why should it be?!

But at this point, your refusal to even attempt the red question says you know of none. And you have no good answer to the 2nd question, either.
The “ only” answer is the same answer given multiple times.  The postal service was given a monopoly on rates and service denying any others from delivering first or third rate mail to you or anybody else in the USA.
Therefore it can generate $ Billions in income . Ask your friendly Congressman why its dive into red ink has been allowed to continue. 

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #47366 on: August 16, 2020, 08:15:37 PM »

Beau of the Fifth Column

“It is what it is” & “we’ve got nothing to fear but fear itself”

http://youtu.be/RHYHuFxLeEA

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself.

And the bogeyman."

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #47367 on: August 16, 2020, 08:18:19 PM »

Then why did you ask the question?
[/quote]

And that is all I am going to put up with of your dishonesty.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #47368 on: August 16, 2020, 08:22:18 PM »

Bambu is thanking god because when he and his buddies get together and chant “white lives matter”, they are aiming to go out and hurt some black or brown or otherwise “funny looking or sounding” people. He assumes it works the same way in reverse.

In other news,

Go out? Bambu hasn't left his basement since the 60's.

It entirely plausible the buddies I referred to are as imaginary and fictitious as the bull spewed by alleged #1 radio host.

Red approves of the 2006 sabotage of the Post Office and continued GOP assaults because the post office unencumbered by constant political attack stands as a stark example proving that everything a conservative has said over the last 50 years, with only scarce and often unintended exceptions, has been complete and utter bullshit.

Red is a psychotic bastard presently trying to kill us all.

I used to think his problem was meth, but now I’m pretty sure it’s angel dust.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 3156 3157 [3158] 3159 3160 ... 4288