Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3157 3158 [3159] 3160 3161 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2007514 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #47370 on: August 16, 2020, 08:30:59 PM »

Why do you think God is against Black Lives Matter?

He's not against Black Lives..."red and yellow, black and white, all are precious in his sight, Jesus loves the little children of the world" young boy bambu used to sing at church Sunday school.

I am not against black lives either, but am not in love with the BLM movement...and the 'cancel culture' lot.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #47371 on: August 16, 2020, 08:35:35 PM »

Why do you think God is against Black Lives Matter?

He's not against Black Lives..."red and yellow, black and white, all are precious in his sight, Jesus loves the little children of the world" young boy bambu used to sing at church Sunday school.

I am not against black lives either, but am not in love with the BLM movement...and the 'cancel culture' lot.

So you want the movement cancelled.

Got it.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47372 on: August 16, 2020, 08:43:15 PM »

We don't have basements...our homes usually start at ground level and go up.

I'm now sitting on a comfortable chair in my home office, little dog lying beside me in her bed.
Winter. Sun streaming in the window, cloudless sky, washing on the line.   10.45am.
Ray [no 1 morning radio host] on the radio, just played "Six Feet Apart" song by Luke Combs [he came into the studio when he toured Australia last year.]
"When the dogwoods start to bloom
And the crickets hum their tune
That's usually about the time
That I feel most alive...…"

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #47373 on: August 16, 2020, 08:47:35 PM »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #47374 on: August 16, 2020, 08:54:49 PM »

Therefore it can generate $ Billions in income . Ask your friendly Congressman why its dive into red ink has been allowed to continue.

In Feb 2020 the D-House passed a bill HR 2382 to rescind the 2006 Republican law forcing the USPS to prefund about $110 billion in retiree benefits.

According to the bill's author

https://defazio.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/defazio-authored-bill-to-help-us-postal-service-maintain-sustainability#:~:text=In%202006%2C%20Congress%20passed%20a,pay%20down%20the%20national%20debt.

Feb 5, 2020 Press Release

Today the House of Representatives passed decisively bipartisan legislation authored by Rep. Peter DeFazio that would provide the United States Postal Service (USPS) with much-needed financial relief by ending the agency’s burdensome prefunding mandate on future retiree health benefits. The legislation passed by a vote of 309 to 106, with 87 Republicans voting in favor of the bill.

A bi-partisan vote to rescind the punitive 2006 Republican bill to gut the USPS and prepare it for eventual privatization.

The bi-partisan bill sits in the Senate awaiting Sen McConnell's swift action to end this unfair financial burden on the USPS.

Perhaps Red should check in with Mitch.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 08:57:03 PM by bankshot1 »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47375 on: August 16, 2020, 09:38:35 PM »

Two concepts you do not in the least understand.
A parrot bit me.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #47376 on: August 16, 2020, 09:43:22 PM »

Two concepts you do not in the least understand.

Three.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #47377 on: August 16, 2020, 10:04:55 PM »

Nobody here is

Just don't expect them to admit it.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #47378 on: August 16, 2020, 10:08:19 PM »

Add "mind-reader" as another component of Kiid's towering intellect
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #47379 on: August 16, 2020, 10:09:13 PM »

Overall, 50% of registered voters back the Biden-Harris ticket, while 46% say they support Trump and Pence, right at the poll's margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points. Among the 72% of voters who say they are either extremely or very enthusiastic about voting this fall, Biden's advantage over Trump widens to 53% to 46%. It is narrower, however, among those voters who live in the states that will have the most impact on the electoral college this fal

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/16/politics/cnn-poll-biden-trump-august/index.html

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #47380 on: August 16, 2020, 10:15:54 PM »

Nobody here is

Just don't expect them to admit it.

Still ascribing to others your own "politically correct" approach to life.

You are full of shit.

But nobody expects you to ever admit it.

Still, you are not as big a pus wad as Ward is, so that's something.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #47381 on: August 16, 2020, 10:38:34 PM »

It is a poll from CNN, so consider the source 

Presumptive Democrat presidential nominee former Vice President Joe Biden’s lead has evaporated in the past two months, a new poll from CNN shows.

Biden leads President Donald Trump by just four points nationally — 50 percent to 46 percent — and by even less across 15 battleground states that will determine who wins the electoral college. In those 15 states — Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Wisconsin — the new CNN poll has Biden leading by just one percent, with Biden at 49 and Trump at 48.

In an article explaining the significant movement in Trump’s direction against Biden, CNN’s polling director Jennifer Agiesta wrote that the president has shored up several demographics that he was slipping in before.
“The movement in the poll among voters nationwide since June is concentrated among men (they split about evenly in June, but now 56% back Trump, 40% Biden), those between the ages of 35 and 64 (they tilt toward Trump now, but were Biden-leaning in June) and independents (in June, Biden held a 52% to 41% lead, but now it’s a near even 46% Biden to 45% Trump divide),” Agiesta wrote. “Trump has also solidified his partisans since June. While 8% of Republicans or Republican-leaning independents in June said they would back Biden, that figure now stands at just 4%. And the President has boosted his backing among conservatives from 76% to 85%.”
The poll was conducted from August 12 to August 15, meaning that it was done entirely in the wake of the announcement from Biden that Harris would be his running mate. Agiesta wrote that Americans have just a “narrowly positive” view of Harris, with 41 percent saying they view her favorably and 38 percent unfavorably — not a great boost to the Biden ticket as the first week a vice presidential nominee comes out of the gate, they usually do better than they will as the campaign progresses.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #47382 on: August 16, 2020, 10:45:26 PM »

Presumptive Democrat presidential nominee former Vice President Joe Biden’s lead has evaporated in the past two months, a new poll from CNN shows.

General Election: Trump vs. Biden   CBS News/YouGov   Biden 52, Trump 42   Biden +10
General Election: Trump vs. Biden   NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl   Biden 50, Trump 41   Biden +9

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #47383 on: August 16, 2020, 10:51:56 PM »

General Election: Trump vs. Biden   CBS News/YouGov   Biden 52, Trump 42   Biden +10
General Election: Trump vs. Biden   NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl   Biden 50, Trump 41   Biden +9
I am sure you will sleep well tonight 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47384 on: August 16, 2020, 10:54:48 PM »

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5f39804fc5b6959911e60461

As the assault on the USPS stalls, team evil dictator manages to stir up the hornets without yet dislodging the nest. He and his dirty flunkies in this chain have incurred felonies fully documented in the federal law. More felonies to add to the ones they’ve been piling up throughout the misadministration so far.

What new travesty will the idiot parade put forth next in attempt to cover up their nakedness and their shame?
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 3157 3158 [3159] 3160 3161 ... 4288