Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3165 3166 [3167] 3168 3169 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2007102 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #47490 on: August 17, 2020, 07:50:55 PM »

My kid, Bear, was interviewed today on MSNBC.

He’s working on a GOTV campaign in Milwaukee.

That is straight up fucking awesome!

(calms self,  retucks shirt,  wipes glasses and face, pats hair back down)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #47491 on: August 17, 2020, 08:05:36 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/17/louis-dejoy-usps-postmaster-general-election

This underscores the conflict of interest of Dejoy in that position.   Unethical and corrupt. 
Unfortunate that appointment of the PMG doesn't get congressional review,  but is done by the board of governors.   They are appointed,  and AFAICT all by the current "president. "   The USPS site says no more than five of the nine governors can be of the same political party.   And are appointed with advise and consent of... the Senate.   
 The other two members of the board are the PMG and the deputy PMG.  Hmm.
I see you did a hasty google search on the structure of the USPS.
Spend some more time and review the credentials of DeJoy and tell us why his appointment is “ unethical and corrupt.”

How about he and his wife have financial interests in companies that are in competition with USPS
Which proves what?

and they consume the flesh of aborted babies?
I bet your family is proud of you for that.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #47492 on: August 17, 2020, 08:13:15 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/17/louis-dejoy-usps-postmaster-general-election

This underscores the conflict of interest of Dejoy in that position.   Unethical and corrupt. 
Unfortunate that appointment of the PMG doesn't get congressional review,  but is done by the board of governors.   They are appointed,  and AFAICT all by the current "president. "   The USPS site says no more than five of the nine governors can be of the same political party.   And are appointed with advise and consent of... the Senate.   
Spend some more time and review the credentials of DeJoy and tell us why his appointment is “ unethical and corrupt.”

How about he and his wife have financial interests in companies that are in competition with USPS
Which proves what?

People are saying they have unusual habits and that their financial interests and investments facilitate their, um peccadilloes.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #47493 on: August 17, 2020, 08:14:33 PM »

Clinton, the 2016 Democratic nominee, did not pay off her debts until 2013. Then-President Obama aided Clinton, asking his donors to help retire her debt. (As secretary of state, she was legally barred from engaging in political activities such as fundraising). Former President Bill Clinton also sent out fundraising letters on his wife's behalf, raffling off trips, dinners and campaign memorabilia in exchange for donations.

Harris is not the only 2020 hopeful who ended the race owing money to vendors.

Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren has a nearly $1.8 million obligation and $833,313 in the bank

Interesting

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kamala-harris-owes-1m-vendors-presidential-bid

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #47494 on: August 17, 2020, 08:20:17 PM »

Clinton, the 2016 Democratic nominee, did not pay off her debts until 2013. Then-President Obama aided Clinton, asking his donors to help retire her debt. (As secretary of state, she was legally barred from engaging in political activities such as fundraising). Former President Bill Clinton also sent out fundraising letters on his wife's behalf, raffling off trips, dinners and campaign memorabilia in exchange for donations.

Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren has a nearly $1.8 million obligation and $833,313 in the bank

And?

What about the PMG, his wife and the cult of fetal cannibals they lead?

Interesting

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #47495 on: August 17, 2020, 08:20:43 PM »

Trump pushed forward a megadonor to his campaign.
Ah!  I must have missed your objections to Billionaire Penny Pritzker 
]   Already addressed DeJ's actions and conflicts of interest, as did Larry,
There is no conflict of interest
The post was in regard to the situation described in the Guardian report.  DeJoy, who made a fortune in shipping and logistics and whose former company was a contractor of the Postal Service for many years, as the new postmaster general.

I see. So being successful in the shipping business while a contractor with the Postal Service makes it unethical to head the USPS after one retires?

Can’t wait for your response on that one.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 08:26:36 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #47496 on: August 17, 2020, 08:25:38 PM »

Which proves what?

People are saying they have unusual habits and that their financial interests and investments facilitate their, um peccadilloes.
What people?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #47497 on: August 17, 2020, 08:33:23 PM »

Which proves what?

What people?

Some of the most knowledgeable people. People with tremendous credentials who are said to have inside info.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #47498 on: August 17, 2020, 08:34:58 PM »

Which proves what?

What people?

Some of the most knowledgeable people. People with tremendous credentials who are said to have inside info.
Name one

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #47499 on: August 17, 2020, 08:36:42 PM »

Poor Red.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #47500 on: August 17, 2020, 08:41:54 PM »

Red is playing 3-card Donnie

The real issue is Trump's tampering with the USPS to suppress voting, not some political hacks resume

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47501 on: August 17, 2020, 08:48:24 PM »

Interesting

Not interesting to Kid is this:
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trumps-tab-maga-rallies-jumps-18-million-14-cities-say-president-hasnt-paid-police-1498410
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47502 on: August 17, 2020, 08:50:14 PM »

I see. So being successful in the shipping business while a contractor with the Postal Service makes it unethical to head the USPS after one retires?

It is not the success, but the ongoing investments (and new investments) in the competitor's businesses that is unethical.

Is this news to you?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #47503 on: August 17, 2020, 09:03:29 PM »

Which proves what?

What people?

Name one

The report is being prepared as we speak. The investigators have rock solid evidence.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #47504 on: August 17, 2020, 09:05:50 PM »

Which proves what?

What people?

Name one

The report is being prepared as we speak. The investigators have rock solid evidence.
I’m sure they do.
Send it first class mail.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 09:22:11 PM by REDSTATEWARD »
Pages: 1 ... 3165 3166 [3167] 3168 3169 ... 4288