Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3168 3169 [3170] 3171 3172 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2007265 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #47535 on: August 18, 2020, 02:51:40 AM »

4. The Haunting of Ohio House
When they heard mysterious noises from the basement, the students investigated.
There was a locker in the basement. It led to a secret room with a bed, textbooks.  Someone was living in the house...

When I was a wee punk, there was a creepy TV film poorly titled Bad Ronald.
Teenager accidentally kills his neighbor, so his mom hides him in a secret room behind the walls of the house.  Time passes, mom dies, another family moves in.

I found this pretty intriguing and frightening when I was about 9.  The idea someone could be living in your house without you knowing it, like a giant insect.
There's some good Freudian overtones in the film as well.

Some Bad Ronald scenes on YouTube.  The film was adapted from a novel by sci-fi writer Jack Vance, and has an ultra 70's look/style to it. 

And some Bad Ronald fan with too much time and a computer even made a music video using scenes from Bad Ronald and Radiohead's song Creep.  Works pretty well, and includes the best scenes from the end of the film.  (better than the trailer, which has a blaring soundtrack, and surprisingly is also on You Tube).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #47536 on: August 18, 2020, 03:05:18 AM »

Kasich, AOC spar ahead of ex-GOP governor's DNC speech
Kasich suggested Ocasio-Cortez receives 'outsized publicity' because of her 'extreme' politics

https://www.foxnnc-speechews.com/politics/kasich-aoc-spar-ahead-of-ex-gop-governors-

Hopeful sign that Joe has rejected the lost cause "progressives" that no doubt led to the debacle of 2016. The voting public in middle America does not want to hear about caged anchor babies and deplorable coal miners.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #47537 on: August 18, 2020, 03:06:22 AM »

4. The Haunting of Ohio House
When they heard mysterious noises from the basement, the students investigated.
There was a locker in the basement. It led to a secret room with a bed, textbooks.  Someone was living in the house...

When I was a wee punk, there was a creepy TV film poorly titled Bad Ronald.
Teenager accidentally kills his neighbor, so his mom hides him in a secret room behind the walls of the house.  Time passes, mom dies, another family moves in.

I found this pretty intriguing and frightening when I was about 9.  The idea someone could be living in your house without you knowing it, like a giant insect.
There's some good Freudian overtones in the film as well.

Some Bad Ronald scenes on YouTube.  The film was adapted from a novel by sci-fi writer Jack Vance, and has an ultra 70's look/style to it. 

And some Bad Ronald fan with too much time and a computer even made a music video using scenes from Bad Ronald and Radiohead's song Creep.  Works pretty well, and includes the best scenes from the end of the film.  (better than the trailer, which has a blaring soundtrack, and surprisingly is also on You Tube).

I remember that movie. It was from the hit or miss ABC Movie of the Week series.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47538 on: August 18, 2020, 03:32:29 AM »

This format was very effective. Very intimate. The party talked directly to the people at home and not the true believers in the arena.

Less talking head time  and much more direct engagement.

I liked this a lot.
You would.
Independents?
Not so much.

All your time down Q holes must give you keen insight into the mind of independent voters.

200,000 dead, 30,000,000 without jobs, many millions more than that turning away from trump and the republicans with alarm and disgust.

Competence, connection, vision, planning, optimism, realism, a steady hand and long list of accomplishments in contrast to incessant republican failures and own goals is what the Democrats are offering as an increasingly vital and popular alternative.

Burying donald to raise Joe is a stunningly easy choice for most every American once they think about it.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #47539 on: August 18, 2020, 06:36:05 AM »

So Michelle issues a threat on behalf of the felonious Portland protesters.

Nice job by her.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #47540 on: August 18, 2020, 06:46:33 AM »

Go outside. At least start your day off smart.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #47541 on: August 18, 2020, 06:55:33 AM »

Faith.  Family.  Freedom.  Hope.  Opportunity.

Trump and the Republican Party.

Welcome, independents.  The choice is obvious for this year.  Last night was Exhibit A.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #47542 on: August 18, 2020, 07:09:33 AM »

"Faith".  I guess you ignored my advice and went with stupid right away.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47543 on: August 18, 2020, 07:14:32 AM »

On COVID "recovery:"

An intriguing new study from Germany offers a glimpse into how SARS-CoV-2 affects the heart. Researchers studied 100 individuals, with a median age of just 49, who had recovered from Covid-19. Most were asymptomatic or had mild symptoms.

An average of two months after they received the diagnosis, the researchers performed M.R.I. scans of their hearts and made some alarming discoveries: Nearly 80 percent had persistent abnormalities and 60 percent had evidence of myocarditis. The degree of myocarditis was not explained by the severity of the initial illness.

Though the study has some flaws, and the generalizability and significance of its findings not fully known, it makes clear that in young patients who had seemingly overcome SARS-CoV-2 it’s fairly common for the heart to be affected. We may be seeing only the beginning of the damage.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/17/opinion/covid-19-heart-disease.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

Exactly why people young and old should be terrified of catching Covid-19.
They're not terrified.
Time for graphic advertising to shock them into terrification.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47544 on: August 18, 2020, 07:17:32 AM »

My guess is that Trump will win the election...the American People to see the light by November.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #47545 on: August 18, 2020, 07:19:46 AM »

It was pretty cut and dried yesterday, Bambu.

Sad day for the Dem party as Trump rallied in key states and Joe bunkered.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #47546 on: August 18, 2020, 07:22:41 AM »

Tonight does offer some hope, with President Clinton to speak.

Interesting roll of 17 up and comers in the party also on the docket.  I will surely tune in for this.  I think some will be quite impressive in their moderate, mindful way.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #47547 on: August 18, 2020, 07:23:02 AM »

Sadly  I agree that Trump will win, but it'll be the opposite reason from "seeing the light".  Whatever that is. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #47548 on: August 18, 2020, 07:30:39 AM »

However, it is clear what also didn’t work: that the Democrats have yet to offer an alternative vision to lead America forward.

At this point, building an anti-Trump coalition appears to be the singular goal, rather than offering a broad-based agenda of change for America

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/democratic-convention-first-night-doug-schoen

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47549 on: August 18, 2020, 07:32:42 AM »

Answer to my own question "what should White people do in suburban Seattle where BLM and Antifa marchers are shouting abuse at them and demanding they give their homes to Black people"?

Answer:  Stay inside, load guns just in case, and ring the police if feeling threatened.

"Never go outside" and "Never get out of the car"  - bambu

The  marchers seem very young,  think their cause is valid...which it's not.
The advice they're being given is bad...and unachievable.
It's not the way to bring about change.
Pages: 1 ... 3168 3169 [3170] 3171 3172 ... 4288