Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3179 3180 [3181] 3182 3183 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2007410 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #47700 on: August 19, 2020, 03:45:43 PM »

Why is realism "rooting" for the virus?
Because kiid keeps his testicles in Trump's pocket and it colors everything he "thinks."
A parrot bit me.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47705 on: August 19, 2020, 04:47:33 PM »

Oh, nooooo!!!!!!!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/19/us/sturgis-south-dakota-rally-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

Your mockery of others' health risk exposure is duly noted, ghoul.

And you accuse others of rooting for the virus.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47706 on: August 19, 2020, 04:48:04 PM »

New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy began his regularly scheduled coronavirus briefing on Wednesday by sharply rebuking the lawsuit filed by President Trump's reelection campaign over the state's decision to use a hybrid voting model for November's election.

“Let me begin by making an unequivocal — our democracy is stronger and fairer when all voters have the right to not just cast a ballot but to cast that ballot in confidence. The President's campaign is putting itself on record as wanting to delegitimize our November election instead of working with us to ensure that voters rights are upheld alongside public health,” Murphy said.

“This goes far beyond attempts at weaponizing the United States Postal service to disenfranchise voters, this is now becoming a full throated propaganda campaign to undermine the election itself.”

Murphy went on to say that vote-by-mail has been used extensively across the country and in New Jersey, and added that it needs to be done to keep people safe from the coronavirus pandemic.

“If vote-by-mail is good enough for the President, it is good enough for all of us,” he added.

He said that the state will continue with their plans and defend them “vigorously.” [/size]
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47708 on: August 19, 2020, 05:04:20 PM »

People could march thru my suburb, stand in my street outside my home and bang on about "white privilege", "gentrification", "our land", "give us your home" etc all they like but there's no way known to mankind I'd be giving it to them.
And I'll have a guess that no one else in this forum would either.

If they marched through your neighborhood, demanding your home?

Nah, I wouldn't give it to them. Not mine to give.

If they're allowed to keep marching they'll get around to your house one day.

From Australia? Seems unlikely. And I still wouldn't give them yours.

But, no, Bambi, you again fail to understand even remotely what is going on.

The folks who would march, wanting me to return the land to them, would be the indigenous people - and the ~4,000 folks who are members of the tribes that were anywhere near where I live won't be showing up here, wanting to live here. If they were to sue to reclaim this land, I sure hope they would win! But this government has shown little willingness until now to even remotely begin to respect the treaties we have signed with them.

BLM isn't coming here looking to have me relinquish my house because... try to understand this point, Bambi, it's important:
It wasn't taken from them in any way, shape, or manner.

BLM marchers in suburban Seattle are indeed demanding white people give them their homes... " white privilege "  etc.
All they'll need is a compliant govt and their demands will be met.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #47709 on: August 19, 2020, 05:20:03 PM »

"Forgiveness" is not for me to offer Bill Clinton. My viewpoint is from an electoral politics perspective.

Clinton's name is not on the ballot so your viewpoint is Clinton-free.
True, but having him speak at the convention sends a variety of messages. Not all of them are helpful.

And "forgiveness" is not an offer, it is a gift. Just so you know.
I suspect yannkguy's point is that he is not the one to offer relevant forgiveness to Clinton.

Clinton is about nostalgia. West Wing Washington the bridge to the 21st C all undone because he had the personal discipline of Alexander Hamilton. Realist most sexist thing you’ll read today is Clinton should have said, “Yeah, I fucked her. So what?”

HRC did the Tammy Wynette thing and folks were outraged she didn’t kick the guy she spent years making POTUS to the curb.

Last night was about nostalgia.

I hope they’ve reached their limit on repentant Republicans who “built this!”

They got their tax cuts, scotus/federal judges, regulatory rollbacks and made shitloads of money off this guy but. I guess they’re cashing in their chips.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #47710 on: August 19, 2020, 05:24:54 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #47711 on: August 19, 2020, 05:27:41 PM »

People could march thru my suburb, stand in my street outside my home and bang on about "white privilege", "gentrification", "our land", "give us your home" etc all they like but there's no way known to mankind I'd be giving it to them.
And I'll have a guess that no one else in this forum would either.

If they marched through your neighborhood, demanding your home?

Nah, I wouldn't give it to them. Not mine to give.

If they're allowed to keep marching they'll get around to your house one day.

From Australia? Seems unlikely. And I still wouldn't give them yours.

But, no, Bambi, you again fail to understand even remotely what is going on.

The folks who would march, wanting me to return the land to them, would be the indigenous people - and the ~4,000 folks who are members of the tribes that were anywhere near where I live won't be showing up here, wanting to live here. If they were to sue to reclaim this land, I sure hope they would win! But this government has shown little willingness until now to even remotely begin to respect the treaties we have signed with them.

BLM isn't coming here looking to have me relinquish my house because... try to understand this point, Bambi, it's important:
It wasn't taken from them in any way, shape, or manner.

BLM marchers in suburban Seattle are indeed demanding white people give them their homes... " white privilege "  etc.
All they'll need is a compliant govt and their demands will be met.

We don’t your homes... we taking your wives and daughters, too.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #47712 on: August 19, 2020, 05:39:29 PM »

I hope they’ve reached their limit on repentant Republicans who “built this!”

For some comic relief maybe we could get a line-up of some former Trump's senior advisors like Tillerson, Mathis, Kelly, Cohn, and McMaster and they deliver their 1-liner golden oldies opinions about the president's rapier-sharp intelligence and cognitive abilties.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47713 on: August 19, 2020, 05:46:39 PM »

Oh, nooooo!!!!!!!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/19/us/sturgis-south-dakota-rally-coronavirus-trnd/index.html
[/bquote]

Obviously seriously unwise people who don't care about the healthh of the elderly, others or themselves.
State's fault for even allowing such an event.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 05:57:40 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #47714 on: August 19, 2020, 05:57:11 PM »

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 3179 3180 [3181] 3182 3183 ... 4288