Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3208 3209 [3210] 3211 3212 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1874100 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #48135 on: August 23, 2020, 11:47:23 PM »

Red has found a piece of shit politically who smells as bad as he does. He’s sticking with trump to the bitter end when trump loses and red forgets he ever was a fan boy.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48136 on: August 24, 2020, 12:04:19 AM »

“ Forced the announcement”?

Trump in a brief Sunday evening news conference appeared to oversell the FDA's assessment, claiming the agency found plasma "safe and very effective." The agency itself said more rigorous study is needed to prove whether the treatment effective. Janet Woodcock, the head of FDA's drug division who is now working on Operation Warp Speed, an interagency effort to accelerate coronavirus treatments and vaccines, on Friday told POLITICO that plasma has not been "proven as an effective treatment."

Trump also returned to his recent accusations that government scientists were holding up potential coronavirus treatments for political reasons. "We broke the logjam over the last week," he said. "I think there are people in the FDA and actually in [the larger health] department that can see things being held up."

An emergency authorization normally paves the way for expanded use of an experimental therapy. But FDA distanced itself from a full endorsement of plasma — which more than 70,000 Americans have already received — because patients have largely received it outside of randomized, controlled clinical trials that could prove whether the approach is effective.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fda-nears-decision-authorizing-covid-19-treatment-with-convalescent-plasma-11596055376

You already posted it. And it doesn't respond to anything that the Politico article says. Not one thing.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48137 on: August 24, 2020, 12:05:20 AM »

Red has found a piece of shit politically who smells as bad as he does. He’s sticking with trump to the bitter end when trump loses and red forgets he ever was a fan boy.

Probably insisting that Trump was somehow cheated, no doubt. And refusing any evidence that disagrees with him or ignoring it.

Same as usual, I know.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #48138 on: August 24, 2020, 12:15:42 AM »

I'm living a fantasy life.    as an RV/Van life traveller touring the world.
The nice man from a luxury RV company is currenty taking me on a walk thru of a very large RV....huge, everything quality, luxury to the max, from solar panels to huge bathroom.
He just showed the bedroom..."this shelf here beside the bed (at mattress height) is a good place to put your PISTOL".  :)
I'll have one.

FIFY

Fantasy life is better than real life.
In fantasy life people aren't stealing generators from the basket on the back of your luxury RV, even though you have them tied on securely....while you're in transit.

I swear I cannot be sure this cat is for real or have we’ve been in a years long performance piece.

YouTube
"2021 Peterbilt 38' Renegade Classic Motor Coach RV/IWS...fast forward to the bedroom in nice man Chuck's walk thru and you'll see him show you the shelf for your pistol.

YouTube: "RV Odd Couple".
Nice couple...they have video telling you about security and keeping safe while RVing...and how someone stole the generator off the basket of their RV...they show you the basket.

He meant you, not the RV guy.

The "Van Life" folks take viewers to all parts of the world.
The other day I was In Patagonia Chile/Argentina 'with' a young couple from Utah.
It's great touring the world without leaving home...living their lives 'with' them.
They had to leave their van in Argentina when Covid pandemic hit, and get home to Utah in a hurry.

As I've stated here before, I started in the workforce in a bank.
We used to have Browning handguns under the counters in holsters.
Had target practice at banks HQ.

Guns are great for protecting yourself from the bad people.
The RV Odd Couple recommend having weapons while RVing....and call out that "the cops are on their way and we are armed" if feeling threatened.
See their video about safety and security.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 12:34:31 AM by bambu. »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #48139 on: August 24, 2020, 12:35:21 AM »

Trump in a brief Sunday evening news conference appeared to oversell the FDA's assessment, claiming the agency found plasma "safe and very effective." The agency itself said more rigorous study is needed to prove whether the treatment effective. Janet Woodcock, the head of FDA's drug division who is now working on Operation Warp Speed, an interagency effort to accelerate coronavirus treatments and vaccines, on Friday told POLITICO that plasma has not been "proven as an effective treatment."

Trump also returned to his recent accusations that government scientists were holding up potential coronavirus treatments for political reasons. "We broke the logjam over the last week," he said. "I think there are people in the FDA and actually in [the larger health] department that can see things being held up."

An emergency authorization normally paves the way for expanded use of an experimental therapy. But FDA distanced itself from a full endorsement of plasma — which more than 70,000 Americans have already received — because patients have largely received it outside of randomized, controlled clinical trials that could prove whether the approach is effective.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fda-nears-decision-authorizing-covid-19-treatment-with-convalescent-plasma-11596055376

You already posted it. And it doesn't respond to anything that the Politico article says. Not one thing.
Oh, but it does. If you know how to read.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #48140 on: August 24, 2020, 12:40:44 AM »

Oh, but it does. If you know how to read are an unrepentant base head.

FIFY.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #48141 on: August 24, 2020, 12:53:57 AM »

Fantasy life is pretending you're in South America looking at the glaciers in Patagonia, driving on the roads paved with sharp rocks that go thru your tyres, and nearly being blown away literally by the winds.
In real life I would never travel there.
In fantasy life I travelled there along with the Van Lifers and their dog.
Fantasy life/YouTube life...or whatever life.
If I were RV/van lifing for real, wherever I could arm myself legally I most certainly would...guns galore.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #48142 on: August 24, 2020, 01:42:41 AM »

There's a new film Nomadland by Chloe Zhao about a middle aged woman who loses everything in the Bush Depression so she gets an RV and travels around the West meeting other loners and refugees.  Starring Frances McDormand.   I've heard good things about Chloe Zhao films but haven't seen any yet.  I believe she's a young Chinese-Brit who moved to the US.  Nomadland was supposed to be playing the festival circuit this year.  Not sure when it will be available for viewing.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48143 on: August 24, 2020, 03:22:21 AM »

I have to ask:

Is the plan to keep shooting Black people under questionable circumstances until the election in the hope that the protests will scare people into re-electing Trump?

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/24/905316709/wisconsin-police-shooting-leaves-black-man-in-serious-condition

https://twitter.com/nolimitchrizi/status/1297684746370252806 - this is the video of the police shooting Jacob Blake in the back while holding onto his shirt.

Gov. Tony Evers issued a statement Sunday night naming the man. "Tonight, Jacob Blake was shot in the back multiple times, in broad daylight, in Kenosha, Wisconsin," he said.

"While we do not have all of the details yet, what we know for certain is that he is not the first Black man or person to have been shot or injured or mercilessly killed at the hands of individuals in law enforcement in our state or our country," he said.

"We stand with all those who have and continue to demand justice, equity, and accountability for Black lives in our country—lives like those of George Floyd, of Breonna Taylor, Tony Robinson, Dontre Hamilton, Ernest Lacy, and Sylville Smith. And we stand against excessive use of force and immediate escalation when engaging with Black Wisconsinites," Evers said.

Kenosha News reports that a man had tried to break up an altercation between two women outside a home and that police were sent to the scene to investigate.

Citing accounts from multiple witnesses, the news site reports, "police had attempted to use a Taser on the man prior to the shooting. Then, they heard at least seven gunshots ring out."

A graphic video that appears to capture the incident was posted to social media and has since gone viral.

In it, three officers are seen following a man to a car and drawing their weapons. Just as the man enters the vehicle on the driver's side, one officer grabs his shirt and then fires his weapon. Seven shots can be heard.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48144 on: August 24, 2020, 03:31:07 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/23/politics/kellyanne-conway-george-conway-white-house-lincoln-project/index.html

The Conways find common ground - they are needed at home and should stop their divisive lives.

I wish their kids the best.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #48145 on: August 24, 2020, 03:40:26 AM »

It always amazes me how many bullets the cops pour into their victims.  After the first shot, it just becomes a firing range with a live human target.

Guy with a knife at a gas station and 11 shots are fired at him.

It's as though the police motto is if you're gonna shoot a guy make sure he's dead so he can't tell his side of the story.  But in this age of cameras everywhere, it gets harder to to hide the brutality and unprofessionalism and official murders.

Police need to be held accountable for every bullet they fire.  And for the decision to fire.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 04:10:59 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #48146 on: August 24, 2020, 03:52:17 AM »

Dead men tell no tales.

Maximum terror yields maximum submission.

It’s all in the book. It’s been in the book forever.

As soon as we allowed the police and thieves to soldier up we brought this on ourselves.

One wicked tentacle of the republican conservative con job, among the more overtly violent but by no means the most brutal.

That why they’ll be checking into the dustbin of history so shortly, either because we’ve consigned them there or because they’ve burnt the whole planet down.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #48147 on: August 24, 2020, 03:56:24 AM »

Kelly Anne is going to write a great book though it won’t be as good as her daughter’s.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48148 on: August 24, 2020, 04:07:51 AM »

They managed to shoot him with 7 or 8 bullets and not kill him.

OTOH, the smear job on him is already well underway, as is its counter.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #48149 on: August 24, 2020, 04:12:01 AM »

The finest require a little purging to be worthy of the name. That seems pretty clear.

Cops are shit scared, over burdened and over armed.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 3208 3209 [3210] 3211 3212 ... 4288