Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3209 3210 [3211] 3212 3213 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1870508 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #48150 on: August 24, 2020, 04:14:52 AM »

With the downsizing of the RNC due to a rampant and unchecked virus still spreading throughout the country due to the triple cluster fuck federal response, I predict there will be 15% fewer Russian intelligence agents featured on television at this years event than there were on tv in 2016.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #48151 on: August 24, 2020, 08:59:44 AM »

Morning Joe trying to debunk that plasma even works.

Sad.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #48152 on: August 24, 2020, 09:31:51 AM »

"For all of its political differences and cultural cleavages, this is a beautiful country filled with amazing people. The promise of America belongs to us all," Kellyanne Conway said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/23/politics/kellyanne-conway-george-conway-white-house-lincoln-project/index.html

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #48153 on: August 24, 2020, 09:49:27 AM »

There's a new film Nomadland by Chloe Zhao about a middle aged woman who loses everything in the Bush Depression so she gets an RV and travels around the West meeting other loners and refugees.  Starring Frances McDormand.   I've heard good things about Chloe Zhao films but haven't seen any yet.  I believe she's a young Chinese-Brit who moved to the US.  Nomadland was supposed to be playing the festival circuit this year.  Not sure when it will be available for viewing.

McDormand is a fantastic actor. Been a big fan of hers since ‘Blood Simple.’
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #48154 on: August 24, 2020, 09:50:40 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/23/politics/kellyanne-conway-george-conway-white-house-lincoln-project/index.html

The Conways find common ground - they are needed at home and should stop their divisive lives.

I wish their kids the best.

Good luck to the kids and to hell with their parents.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #48155 on: August 24, 2020, 09:56:52 AM »

"For all of its political differences and cultural cleavages, this is a beautiful country filled with amazing people. The promise of America belongs to us all," Kellyanne Conway said.

Fuck that lying sack of shit!

This Administration has straight up lied to The American people since Day One!

“ALTERNATIVE FACTS” my ass!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2017/jan/22/kellyanne-conway-trump-press-secretary-alternative-facts-video

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48156 on: August 24, 2020, 10:46:58 AM »

There's a new film Nomadland by Chloe Zhao about a middle aged woman who loses everything in the Bush Depression so she gets an RV and travels around the West meeting other loners and refugees.  Starring Frances McDormand.   I've heard good things about Chloe Zhao films but haven't seen any yet.  I believe she's a young Chinese-Brit who moved to the US.  Nomadland was supposed to be playing the festival circuit this year.  Not sure when it will be available for viewing.

McDormand is a fantastic actor. Been a big fan of hers since ‘Blood Simple.’
She is also soon to be Lady Macbeth, opposite Denzel, in a movie directed by her husband, Joel. Solo.

I likewise have been a huge fan of hers, and the Coens, since I saw Blood Simple on April 1, 1985. A date I can always look up since my friend Will and I went to see that on Dollar Night at the Cedar-Lee Theater, instead of watching the NCAA hoops championship game, because no way in Hell Georgetown was not going to completely blow the doors off Villanova so way bother watching.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #48157 on: August 24, 2020, 10:49:35 AM »

Why do I get a Cabaret/Tomorrow Belongs to Me vibe?

- William of Baskerville

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #48158 on: August 24, 2020, 10:52:02 AM »

The Cedar-Lee theater is still around.  Very good brewpub "Boss Dog Brewing Co." is right next door. 
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #48159 on: August 24, 2020, 10:54:22 AM »

The Cedar-Lee theater is still around.  Very good brewpub "Boss Dog Brewing Co." is right next door.
Good to know. Saw some amazing films there - also Paris, Texas, Stop Making Sense - always on Mondays. Dollar night!

- William of Baskerville

barton

« Reply #48160 on: August 24, 2020, 10:56:48 AM »

I have some self-reproach that I haven't yet seen Olive Kitteredge.   F McD is amazing.

barton

« Reply #48161 on: August 24, 2020, 11:19:35 AM »

In Josh's poll,  i voted against ones that seemed sort of redundant.   For example,  campaign trail seems to get covered in the WH thread.   ... issues like LGBT rights or drugs or various religious ferments tend to also get tossed onto the WH mix.   Why not get rid of the [current potus] thread and just have something like "American Government" or "Effluvium" or "The Sausage Factory"?   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #48162 on: August 24, 2020, 11:39:44 AM »

Good luck to the kids and to hell with their parents.

Because they are Republicans

heh

We hear ya, Cable Guy.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #48163 on: August 24, 2020, 12:06:56 PM »

A friend was into making short films and had an in with a local theater.  So he invited me to go see Blood Simple for his second viewing, and he not only got us in for free, but we were able to sit up in the otherwise closed off balcony and even smoke a joint up there.  So I was hooked into the Coens early on.  A memorable viewing experience and helluva film.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 12:17:07 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #48164 on: August 24, 2020, 12:13:33 PM »

Someone is standing up to open the schools in a pandemic insanity.

---Ron DeSantis’ Worst Nightmare Has a New Target: Schools---

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rebekah-jones-fired-florida-data-scientist-and-ron-desantis-worst-nightmare-goes-after-covid-in-schools
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 3209 3210 [3211] 3212 3213 ... 4288