Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3228 3229 [3230] 3231 3232 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1876830 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #48435 on: August 26, 2020, 07:18:17 PM »

"Heartland Institute" is kind of a giveaway that fossil fuel industry funded antiscience is being peddled.  Exxon and Philip Morris have been longtime donors.  Not surprising they went all out on "secondhand smoke is harmless" back in the nineties,  before they settled on climate change denialism.    One of their favorite scams is to pretend that there is no hard empirical evidence for a certain atmospheric effect,  that it's all just "computer models. "  This false assertion has been debunked many times.
Always remember. Barton took a high school science class and passed it. 

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #48436 on: August 26, 2020, 07:19:07 PM »

And Red didn't.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #48437 on: August 26, 2020, 07:21:45 PM »

The testing of the children has increased because the number of children showing symptoms has increased.

lol

I'm going to start deleting this bullshit.

Josh is tired of other opinions. Only his count.

"LOL" is not an opinion.

And whether kids are getting sick or not is also not an opinion.

Your opinion that I am tired of opinions is an opinion.

Your ineptitude with language is a fact as is your inability to admit the truth.
LOL IS an opinion.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #48438 on: August 26, 2020, 07:24:10 PM »

And Red didn't.
LOL!
Sorry you can’t escape reality by watching the NBA tonight.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #48439 on: August 26, 2020, 07:25:21 PM »

The testing of the children has increased because the number of children showing symptoms has increased.

lol

"LOL" is not an opinion.

Your ineptitude with language is a fact as is your inability to admit the truth.
LOL IS an opinion.

That is your opinion.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #48440 on: August 26, 2020, 07:31:46 PM »

And Red didn't.
LOL!
I know! Damn Marxists. I'll have to read your posts for amusement.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #48441 on: August 26, 2020, 07:34:09 PM »

And Red didn't.
LOL!
Might as well cancel the season. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #48442 on: August 26, 2020, 07:35:50 PM »

lol

"LOL" is not an opinion.

LOL IS an opinion.

That is your opinion.
Well. Thanks.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #48443 on: August 26, 2020, 07:41:52 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/victorian-deal-with-china-could-be-scrapped-by-federal-governments-proposed-new-foreign-relations-powers/ar-BB18oksf?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

Victorian deal with China could be scrapped by Federal Government's proposed new foreign relations powers

Victoria's controversial trade deal with Beijing may be scrapped by Australia's Foreign Minister, using new powers being proposed by the Federal Government.

The Coalition is pushing to regulate all agreements that state and territory governments, local councils and public universities make with foreign nations.

A public register would soon be established where all existing arrangements would have to be disclosed, then reviewed by the Foreign Minister.

#####

At last.

We were told last night that if war comes to Taiwan/South China Sea and Aussie is in coalition with the US etc against nuke-armed, millions-in-the-army China, war would also come to Australia's shores, that we would not escape.
Anzac legends would not save us.
Australia's only hope is nuclear weapons...at least some nuke-powered, nuke-armed subs cruising where they could turn Shanghai and Beijing into ash as soon as China fires a shot in anger at Australia.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 07:45:18 PM by bambu. »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #48444 on: August 26, 2020, 07:44:25 PM »

And Red didn't.
LOL!
Might as well cancel the season.

Yes, cancelling your season is a definite possibility.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #48445 on: August 26, 2020, 07:47:21 PM »

Trump must be re-elected President...Biden doesn't seem like he'd protect international rite of passage thru the South China Sea.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #48446 on: August 26, 2020, 07:54:17 PM »

And Red didn't.
LOL!

Red's just a little testy that tOSU has shutdown its football season, and he may be forced to watch the SEC and he may discover its a better brand of football than what he's used to.

Poor Red they never taught him about peaceful protest and boycotts at his prep school, Jos Goebbels A&M. Though did excel at book burning and big lies.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 07:55:50 PM by bankshot1 »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #48447 on: August 26, 2020, 07:54:59 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/enormous-opportunity-how-australia-could-become-the-saudi-arabia-of-renewable-energy/ar-BB18oTyS?li=AAgfLCP&OCID=AVRES000

how Australia could become the Saudi Arabia of renewable energy

But that could change. Kalbarri is now the proposed site for a massive 5,000-megawatt renewable hydrogen export operation. Although construction is still 10 years away from breaking ground, should it go ahead, the project will put the tiny town at the bleeding edge of a pioneering technological development in renewable energy.

Hydrogen goes green

“The idea is to become a low-cost producer of green, renewable hydrogen,” says Terry Kallis, one of the project’s promoters.

Like solar and wind power, the technology to make “green” hydrogen from water has been around since the 1970s.

Historically the production of hydrogen relied on fossil fuels to make “brown” or “blue” hydrogen by running an electric current through water using an electrolyser – a device that breaks down water into oxygen and hydrogen.

But today the development of renewable energy has advanced enough that coal or natural gas are no longer needed to create the electric current. The entire process can instead be powered by wind and solar – making green hydrogen possible.

The Kalbarri proposal aims to take advantage of this by constructing a combined wind and solar plant to power the commercial production of hydrogen from seawater. If all goes well, the gas will then be exported to nations like Korea, Japan and Singapore, countries that – thanks to their geography – cannot make it themselves.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #48448 on: August 26, 2020, 07:56:02 PM »

Trump must be re-elected President...Biden doesn't seem like he'd protect international rite of passage thru the South China Sea.

Yeah!

Look at Trump's decisiveness about the genocide against the Uighars and how effective that effort has been. You sure are betting on an aggressive shit tzu.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #48449 on: August 26, 2020, 07:58:33 PM »

Yeah!

Look at Trump's decisiveness about the genocide against the Uighars and how effective that effort has been. You sure are betting on an aggressive shit tzu.

Agencies are taking bets on who will win the US election.
I'm not sure on whom to put my $10.
Pages: 1 ... 3228 3229 [3230] 3231 3232 ... 4288