Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3307 3308 [3309] 3310 3311 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1845754 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #49620 on: September 08, 2020, 12:23:08 PM »

http://euromaidanpress.com/2020/09/07/belarus-opposition-leader-kalesnikava-kidnapped-in-broad-daylight-as-protests-enter-30th-day/
I am sure that this, too, will bring swift condemnation from President Trump.

What happened is after a day of detention is they took her to the border with Ukraine and tried to expel her form Belarus, but she refused to leave the country.  So last I heard there's a standoff at the border.  Pretty brave as her main options are really exile or jail, since she is in custody.

A brave woman, indeed

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #49621 on: September 08, 2020, 12:30:08 PM »

https://www.theepochtimes.com/new-hampshire-man-arrested-for-voting-twice-in-2016-election_3488035.html

Project Veritas catches a double voter. NH doesn't act swiftly enough for their tastes, though.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49622 on: September 08, 2020, 12:32:56 PM »

Al Sharpton on MSNBC, September 8, 2020

We need to re-imagine how we do policing, but ... to take all policing off is something ...
no politician is seriously proposing.

But people living on the ground need proper policing,” [/i]
Which is what the defund movement is about. And is something you - and the president you slavishly adore - have no response to.
Please. Accept the mystery.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #49623 on: September 08, 2020, 12:36:34 PM »

Former CIA officer John Sipher told CNN that there is a clear difference in the way Evanina characterizes the threats posed by China and Russia.
"The simple difference is between covert interference on one side and public preferences. China is using influence, diplomacy and commentary in press and propaganda organs. Russia is using disinformation, fake accounts, bots, covert funding as part of a secret campaign," he told CNN.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #49624 on: September 08, 2020, 12:38:00 PM »

So, Rwd and kiid, explain to me why you find the Trump comments about military service, reported in the Atlantic and corroborated by other news agencies,  including Faux News, to not be credible.

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/trump-suggests-pentagon-leaders-are-war-profiteers-91233349880?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #49625 on: September 08, 2020, 12:43:41 PM »

A leading opposition activist in Belarus was held on the border with Ukraine on Tuesday after she resisted an attempt by authorities to deport her as part of government efforts to end a month of protests against authoritarian President Alexander Lukashenko.

Maria Kolesnikova, a member of the Coordination Council created by the opposition to facilitate talks with the longtime leader on a transition of power, was detained Monday in the capital of Minsk along with two other council members.

They were driven early Tuesday to the border, where authorities told them to cross into Ukraine. Kolesnikova refused, and remained on the Belarusian side of the border in the custody of Belarusian authorities.
Two other council members, Ivan Kravtsov and Anton Rodnenkov, crossed into Ukraine.

Opposition activists said Kolesnikova ripped up her passport to avoid being forced to move to Ukraine.

Tsikhanouskaya stated that Lukashenko doesn’t have any legitimacy after stealing the vote, warning other countries against making any deals with the Belarusian government.

“He does not represent Belarus anymore,” she said.

Kolesnikova, a 38-year-old flute player who led a popular arts center, entered politics just before the election. She led the campaign headquarters of a top potential challenger to Lukashenko, and when he was barred from running and jailed on charges widely seen as political, she joined Tsikhanouskaya’s campaign.

Tsikhanouskaya was an English teacher and ran for president after her husband was jailed to prevent him from running.  And all the opposition groups rallied behind her.  She's in exile in Lithuania for now.  Going to speak at the UN soon.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #49626 on: September 08, 2020, 12:46:02 PM »

I like that the opposition has revived the old red and white Belarus flag, so their symbol of the country is different than Lukashenko's and theirs is older and arguably more authentic.  It nicely symbolizes that they are fighting for a different country than the one represented by Lukashenko.  A really good rallying cry.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #49627 on: September 08, 2020, 12:46:21 PM »

So, Rwd and kiid, explain to me why you find the Trump comments about military service, reported in the Atlantic and corroborated by other news agencies,  including Faux News, to not be credible.

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/trump-suggests-pentagon-leaders-are-war-profiteers-91233349880?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma
They weren’t corroborated.

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #49628 on: September 08, 2020, 12:57:18 PM »

cor·rob·o·rate
/kəˈräbəˌrāt/
Learn to pronounce
verb
confirm or give support to (a statement, theory, or finding).

Sounds like it was corroborated to me.

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #49629 on: September 08, 2020, 01:05:53 PM »

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/georgia-investigating-double-voting-primary-election-72877772

About 150,000 of the Georgia voters who requested absentee ballots for the June primary later showed up to vote in person, Raffensperger said. One thousand of them ended up casting a second ballot, and his office intends to investigate every case thoroughly, he said.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #49630 on: September 08, 2020, 01:07:19 PM »

cor·rob·o·rate
/kəˈräbəˌrāt/
Learn to pronounce
verb

Well, language skills are not his wheelhouse.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #49631 on: September 08, 2020, 01:10:48 PM »

cor·rob·o·rate
/kəˈräbəˌrāt/
Learn to pronounce
verb

Well, language skills are not his wheelhouse.
LOL!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #49632 on: September 08, 2020, 01:23:14 PM »

I think you'd be better off just posting your thoughts, without targeting other members of this forum.

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #49633 on: September 08, 2020, 01:43:07 PM »

I think you'd be better off just posting your thoughts, without targeting other members of this forum.

IOW, "I don't want to tell you." Or perhaps, "I don't want to admit that I do find them credible."

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #49634 on: September 08, 2020, 02:05:19 PM »

Black lives movement relates to descendants of slaves and their problems with acceptance and equality and not immigrants from failed cultures with a big chip on their shoulders.

Explain "failed cultures"
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 3307 3308 [3309] 3310 3311 ... 4288