Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3419 3420 [3421] 3422 3423 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1585142 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51300 on: September 25, 2020, 05:03:31 PM »

After a Republican super PAC in Texas posted a photo of Senate candidate MJ Hegar featuring her tattoos and calling her a “radical,” Hegar had a quick response on Twitter: the tattoos covered shrapnel wounds she received as an Air Force helicopter pilot in Afghanistan.

"A pro-Cornyn Super PAC is using a photo of my tattoos to make me seem ‘radical.’ That's pretty funny to me,” Hegar tweeted on Thursday, referring to her opponent in the race, longtime GOP Senator John Cornyn. “You think I'm ashamed of them? They cover my shrapnel wounds from when my helicopter was shot down. They're a mark of my service to our country. I'm damn proud of them.”

https://news.yahoo.com/cover-shrapnel-wounds-veteran-senate-203619249.html

John Cornyn is a tiny little man. He should go retire on that pension he did nothing to earn. He can go back to making sweet love to poor unsuspecting armadillos, as it’s rumored he does during every Senate recess.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51301 on: September 25, 2020, 05:07:08 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #51302 on: September 25, 2020, 05:07:42 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #51303 on: September 25, 2020, 05:10:51 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51304 on: September 25, 2020, 05:19:34 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/25/politics/donald-trump-lawsuit-financial-records/index.html

A lawyer for President Donald Trump told a federal appeals court Friday that there is no request for documents that could be made as part of the Manhattan district attorney's investigation concerning hush-money payments issued during the 2016 presidential election that he wouldn't consider overbroad.

During oral arguments as part of Trump's lawsuit to block a subpoena to his longtime accounting firm for years of his financial records, Judge Raymond J. Lohier asked Trump lawyer William Consovoy: "Is there a request for documents in this case -- let's assume that we're just talking about the [Michael] Cohen payments -- is there a request for documents that would not, in your view, be overbroad?

"I think the answer is probably no, your honor," Consovoy said

To which the judge replied, "That's a problem. That's a problem. That's a problem." He added: "You see the problem."

It's a problem, for the Trump team. They needed to find an acceptable request for *some* documents that was not overbroad or they are the ones who look extremely overly demanding.

An attorney for Vance's office, Carey Dunne, told the panel that his office has repeatedly said its probe isn't limited to the Cohen payments, saying "we have affirmatively asserted on the record consistently that it is not limited to the 2016 payments." He added: "I can't help but say I feel like we're through the looking glass here."

In response to the Trump camp's suggestion that an earlier, narrower subpoena issued to the Trump Organization was evidence of the limits of the Vance probe, Dunne told the panel: "The assertion and inference that the first subpoena must necessarily define and limit the scope of any investigation violates, again, judicial experience and common sense in a way that doesn't just render the inference implausible; I suggest it renders the inference preposterous."

The panel ordered both sets of lawyers to file briefs by Tuesday as to whether there is a court-ordered stay of the subpoena or a voluntary one by the district attorney's office.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #51305 on: September 25, 2020, 05:21:35 PM »

After a Republican super PAC in Texas posted a photo of Senate candidate MJ Hegar featuring her tattoos and calling her a “radical,” Hegar had a quick response on Twitter: the tattoos covered shrapnel wounds she received as an Air Force helicopter pilot in Afghanistan.

"A pro-Cornyn Super PAC is using a photo of my tattoos to make me seem ‘radical.’ That's pretty funny to me,” Hegar tweeted on Thursday, referring to her opponent in the race, longtime GOP Senator John Cornyn. “You think I'm ashamed of them? They cover my shrapnel wounds from when my helicopter was shot down. They're a mark of my service to our country. I'm damn proud of them.”

https://news.yahoo.com/cover-shrapnel-wounds-veteran-senate-203619249.html

John Cornyn is a tiny little man. He should go retire on that pension he did nothing to earn. He can go back to making sweet love to poor unsuspecting armadillos, as it’s rumored he does during every Senate recess.

That bastard prosecuted nearly the entire black community of Tulia, Texas for cocaine trafficking  on the word of a free lance law enforcement officer. Cornyn, then AG, named the guy Texas Lawman of the Year... then they found out he was full of shit.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 05:27:17 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #51306 on: September 25, 2020, 05:34:55 PM »

Then they put him in the Senate. Ah, Texas, you still have serious work to do.

Confessions of a broken pandemic spreading fascist goon, excerpted from the trump university fraud deposition,

http://youtu.be/HLMr2Ck9KVo

That trump is one sick crazy man, a bad rude incorrigible individual who is not at all bright. Slimy and feral, but definitely not bright. 

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #51307 on: September 25, 2020, 05:58:14 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/9/25/1980624/-Analysts-say-economy-would-do-far-better-under-Biden-s-policies-than-another-four-years-of-Trump-s

If not for Liberty, Justice, and The American Way, then for your 401K vote Biden and Harris to lead us along with Democrats up and down the ballot. Vote early and in person if possible.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #51309 on: September 25, 2020, 06:25:55 PM »

Then they put him in the Senate. Ah, Texas, you still have serious work to do.

Confessions of a broken pandemic spreading fascist goon, excerpted from the trump university fraud deposition,

http://youtu.be/HLMr2Ck9KVo

That trump is one sick crazy man, a bad rude incorrigible individual who is not at all bright. Slimy and feral, but definitely not bright.

The guy is an insanely stupid yet charismatic asshole who has tapped into the resentment, fear, envy and greed of a lot of people.... it’s a cult on one level and a few folks making big dollars thanks to regulatory rollbacks, tax cuts and very low interest rates on another.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #51310 on: September 25, 2020, 06:28:06 PM »

If you’re a Republican and ain’t getting PAID you’re a sucker.

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #51311 on: September 25, 2020, 06:32:16 PM »

---Florida moves to phase 3 of coronavirus reopening, with restaurants at full capacity---

Crazier than Trump! Cannot wait another month or two for virus vaccine to appear.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

barton

« Reply #51312 on: September 25, 2020, 07:17:03 PM »

Also, as we re-imagine our police departments, we need people who are experts at crowd control, who can handle protests and riots. We have people at Universal Studios, and at our other theme parks and concert venues and sports arenas who are experts at crowd control, and they can train people to do crowd control for our cities. People can peacefully protest without being allowed to riot, and burn, and loot. We have experts at our theme parks and concert venues who know how to do crowd control who can help our cities.

Salute,

Tony V.

What kind of Mickey Mouse solution is that?

barton

« Reply #51313 on: September 25, 2020, 07:41:31 PM »

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-johnson-johnson-vacci-idUSKCN26G2YC

Phallus & Phallus gets some promising results in an early trial.   May not be as effective for elders,  though.  A larger trial group is needed.   

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #51314 on: September 25, 2020, 07:53:28 PM »

It time for the good guys, those supporting the Democratic candidates and all that is good and wholesome in American Life, to invest major time and money into peeling Cubans in South Florida from the shrinking doomed coalition of the republican trump cult.

The fact that trump has chosen a Stepford Handmaid over a more qualified and capable Cubana shows that Cubans can never be more than second class citizens in trump’s America. The lives and cheap pandering trump offers must be weighed against the terrible toll his policies and “leadership” take on the health and prosperity of families.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 3419 3420 [3421] 3422 3423 ... 4288