Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3439 3440 [3441] 3442 3443 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1998075 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51601 on: September 29, 2020, 01:11:18 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/29/politics/trump-vs-biden-2020-election-policies/index.html

Does anyone think Biden is being misrepresented here on any particular issue?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51602 on: September 29, 2020, 02:06:31 PM »

https://www.wbur.org/edify/2020/08/31/federal-student-aid-applications-decline-massachusetts

Probably all over, but this got dropped on my feed, so I saw it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51603 on: September 29, 2020, 02:37:20 PM »

NOT satire:

https://gfbrandenburg.wordpress.com/2020/09/28/how-democrats-should-address-the-acbarrett-nomination/

Pursuing ACB’s legal understanding of trump/GOP criminal schemes masquerading as government is as good a use of her hearing as anything. I like it.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #51604 on: September 29, 2020, 02:43:25 PM »

If you want to donate the best food for the charities, for the homeless and others, donate cans of Chef Boyardee Beef Ravioli, and also Dinty Moore Beef Stew. The homeless people will love it.

Salute,

Tony V.

The homeless people should be fed and housed by the federal govt and state govts...and not be living on the streets in squalor, misery, and starvation.
Seeing as how govts are not providing for them, your suggestion is a very good one.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

barton

« Reply #51605 on: September 29, 2020, 02:58:08 PM »

What charities and shelters and soup kitchens need more than Chef Boyardee is.... MONEY.   You can feed many more people if you buy $100 worth of stew meat and carrots and celery and taters and spices,  than if you buy $100 of canned glop.   Write a check,  then volunteer to chop veggies and man the ladle. 

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #51606 on: September 29, 2020, 03:00:16 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/29/us/javier-ambler-death-evidence-tampering-charge-trnd/index.html

Police lie.

So do prosecutors.

Sheriff and former county DA arrested in the case of Javier Ambler who died during his arrest.

Police Remembrance Day in bambuland yesterday, no 1 morning radio host suggested that if we saw a police officer we should approach them and thank them for what they do.

Which is contrary to my policy regarding the police.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

barton

« Reply #51607 on: September 29, 2020, 03:01:26 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/29/politics/trump-vs-biden-2020-election-policies/index.html

Does anyone think Biden is being misrepresented here on any particular issue?

Might bother to answer your question when you answer mine (the one I posted six times in the past two days).   

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #51608 on: September 29, 2020, 03:14:20 PM »

What charities and shelters and soup kitchens need more than Chef Boyardee is.... MONEY.   You can feed many more people if you buy $100 worth of stew meat and carrots and celery and taters and spices,  than if you buy $100 of canned glop.   Write a check,  then volunteer to chop veggies and man the ladle.

The money should be coming from the federal, and state govts...instead of sending space ships to Mars.
Nothing wrong with canned soup, I eat it.

I don't volunteer for anything, because I believe everyone should be paid for their labour.
Also that volunteers get taken advantage of,  are not always appreciated, and can suffer greatly if things go wrong...get sued, shunned, killed, burnt, etc.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51609 on: September 29, 2020, 03:32:59 PM »

« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 03:34:30 PM by UNO »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #51610 on: September 29, 2020, 03:54:13 PM »

This is a good summation of all the scams and marketing and promotion and other tawdry stuff Trump lent his name to and defrauded folks with.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-nw-nyt-trump-tax-return-apprentice-20200929-yl5fltkgdbbblivpv5hm7xtj4m-story.html

What's pretty impressive is Trump even figured out a way to defraud people on real estate, as he'd get money upfront for lending his name to a project and if the project collapsed after people bought apartments or dropped deposits, well Trump didn't give a shit, his name was just used to lure people into thinking it was all reputable, but selling his name was the extent of his actual involvement.  Deceptive, if not outright fraudulent. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #51611 on: September 29, 2020, 04:35:29 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #51612 on: September 29, 2020, 04:55:28 PM »

While Trump and real billionaires skate past the IRS, the poor are getting audited.

Especially the poor POC.

Listen to this track from Steely Dan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IU1ZdDfXTY

Then read this:

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/a998d42d-2575-3a9c-b72b-b361bfd8f99b/this-map-shows-where-american.html

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #51613 on: September 29, 2020, 05:32:20 PM »

If Trump wanted to sell Turnbury and Doral, how much do you think he would get?

How about Trump Soho or Trump International DC?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51614 on: September 29, 2020, 05:39:49 PM »

If Trump wanted to sell Turnbury and Doral, how much do you think he would get?

How about Trump Soho or Trump International DC?
More than he says they are worth for purposes of his taxes, but less than he says they are worth when he applies for loans.
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 3439 3440 [3441] 3442 3443 ... 4288