Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3438 3439 [3440] 3441 3442 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1998169 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51585 on: September 29, 2020, 09:54:23 AM »

"I personally think it is dramatically draconian for a student to be expeled for going to a party.  This is what young people do"

- Governor Ron DeSantis, speaking on proposed student bill of rights last week.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

barton

« Reply #51586 on: September 29, 2020, 10:16:24 AM »

Redward does seem to be sticking with the Baskerville rule.   A lot of democrats are figuring out that Barrett is so clean she squeaks when she walks,  and will not pursue the "cult" thing.   She can't be borked,  so they'll have to grit their teeth and ask genuine questions on legal issues.   Maybe somewhere along the way,  Mitt will remember where he put his vertebrae,  and possibly Cory Gardner will realize how thin the ice is with his moderate base.  I think it's still possible we could be surprised.   

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #51587 on: September 29, 2020, 10:19:45 AM »

Not a chance. 
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

barton

« Reply #51588 on: September 29, 2020, 10:22:10 AM »

"I personally think it is dramatically draconian for a student to be expeled for going to a party.  This is what young people do"

- Governor Ron DeSantis, speaking on proposed student bill of rights last week.

Is DeSantis a virologist or epidemiologist?   If not,  I might go find one to get a second opinion.   

Incidentally, many frats and sororities have a thing in their charter about community service and helping with good causes.   I'd say not pouring gas on a wildfire epidemic is probably a good cause.   

barton

« Reply #51589 on: September 29, 2020, 10:26:43 AM »

Not a chance.

Heh.   I said possible,  not probable.   Western states are not as strongly pro-life as southern ones.   

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51590 on: September 29, 2020, 11:00:32 AM »

I wonder if the $70,000 that Trump spent on his haircuts includes tip?

Red-what would you tip on $70,000 in bad haircuts?

That was Trump doing his best Al Sharpton!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #51591 on: September 29, 2020, 11:04:30 AM »

Or you could leave. Hack.
Why?
So you could you post with like-minded educators more willing to indulge your idiocy.
Okay you can’t debate the issues I raised.
You called the Democrats hypocrites. I called the Republicans hypocrites. Let's call it a draw and you can post elsewhere.
LOL!

Ward has granted your point that they are hypocrites.

As it happens, they pride themselves on their abilities to deceive folks who believe in integrity and feel shame when they go against it.

Or as Ward would say, "LOL!"
I could try to slink to the gutter and battle you there but you are much more experienced down there.
Fuck you, lying partisan cocksucker.

FYLPCS.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #51592 on: September 29, 2020, 11:11:49 AM »

Kid thinks Trump is Jed Bartlett. He doesn't realize Trump is Frank Underwood.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #51593 on: September 29, 2020, 11:19:53 AM »

I'd stay away from ACB's religious practices.

I'd ask her if Trump asked her for to take a loyalty oath,

whether she thinks the Amerian people have a right to know how a billionaire President pays less than taxes than a kid flipping burgers at McDonalds,

whether his financial records should be made public or kept a secret

What has changed her mind since Scalia-Garland about the dangers of flipping the court idealogical structure.

Could she change her mind in the future

what are the dangers of mail-in voting as she sees it.

What's your thoughts of shit-canning the USPS to make it harder for people to vote by mail

Does a pandemic which is killing hundreds of thousands of Americans change the risks-rewards of letting the American public vote in a safer manner vs a miniscule amount of potentially fraudulent votes

Is ruining health insurance for tens of millions of Americans, and putting americans at risk in the midst of a pandemic because of a possible imperfection, really justice well served.

are you a fucking opportunistic political hack willing to sell you soul to the devil just to wear a fucking robe

shit like that

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #51594 on: September 29, 2020, 11:54:37 AM »

Enjoying SHOWTIME's The Comey Rule.   Well-written.  Excellent acting by a few players.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51595 on: September 29, 2020, 12:06:41 PM »

Lock Him Up? How President Trump’s Tax Returns Could Put Him In Prison

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sethcohen/2020/09/28/lock-him-up-how-president-trumps-tax-returns-could-put-him-in-prison/#1a40ee166ca8

He could serve his second term in the can. White house west.

Jail for Trump is watching Biden try to run this nation.

But my guess is Donald Sr would still be in the public eye plenty.

He said if he lost he would never talk to us again.

You mean that was a lie, too?

I'm devastated.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #51596 on: September 29, 2020, 12:07:19 PM »

https://dnyuz.com/2020/09/29/africa-is-fascinating-experts-for-having-avoided-the-worst-of-covid-19-so-far/

So there seem to be some benefits to having short expected life spans and half your population under 25...

One thing the article doesn't mention is the limited foreign travel.  That many African countries just aren't much plugged into the world economy.  So the virus didn't reach them until after much of Europe and Asia was shut down.

Not mentioned in the article are the protocols developed to fight the Ebola outbreak.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51597 on: September 29, 2020, 12:15:06 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/29/us/javier-ambler-death-evidence-tampering-charge-trnd/index.html

Police lie.

So do prosecutors.

Sheriff and former county DA arrested in the case of Javier Ambler who died during his arrest.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #51598 on: September 29, 2020, 12:15:29 PM »

Last 3 polls

Harvard-Harris

Biden  +10

Biden   +6

Biden   +2 (current)

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_biden-6247.html#polls

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #51599 on: September 29, 2020, 12:32:25 PM »

https://dnyuz.com/2020/09/29/africa-is-fascinating-experts-for-having-avoided-the-worst-of-covid-19-so-far/

So there seem to be some benefits to having short expected life spans and half your population under 25...

One thing the article doesn't mention is the limited foreign travel.  That many African countries just aren't much plugged into the world economy.  So the virus didn't reach them until after much of Europe and Asia was shut down.

Wait.

So young people ARENT as susceptible and heavier travelling nation's like the US are more?

Thanks for clearing this up.

Experience fighting the Ebola epidemic and fewer people standing on their “rights” to infect others.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 3438 3439 [3440] 3441 3442 ... 4288