Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3498 3499 [3500] 3501 3502 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1994639 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #52485 on: October 06, 2020, 05:55:15 PM »

Have you missed that the American people want to live?

Who's afraid?

what's the polling on that?

Give your fellow citizens more credit than to paint them coweriing in a corner.

Who's afraid of losing their homes?

Who's afraid of losing their jobs?

Who's afraid of not being able to feed their families?

https://www.cbpp.org/research/poverty-and-inequality/tracking-the-covid-19-recessions-effects-on-food-housing-and

ONE example, you heartless SOB:
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

oilcan

« Reply #52486 on: October 06, 2020, 06:03:07 PM »

Pay your rent with thoughts and prayers...

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/519845-trump-orders-aides-to-halt-talks-on-covid-19-relief

TRUMP LEARNT THIS POLITIKIN GAME JES FINE.

Millions of families evicted is JES FINE when there's politics to be played! 

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52487 on: October 06, 2020, 06:04:09 PM »

Holding the American people hostage? If we don't elect him, will he refuse to provide COVID-19 relief during the remaining 2.5 months of his term?

Have you missed that this president wants people to WORK?

THAT is the best relief.
So you are under the belief that the reason for record unemployment and an economy oozing nearly a million jobs a month is because people do not want to work? Seriously?

No, its political hacks trumpeting that cautious line - they feel they need to - in order to not be at all supportive of their foe.  Most citizens want things open - and yes, knowing the risk.
You are full of shit. If Dems were basing their policy on opposing Trump they would not be engaging the administration at all on the issue. But they have pushed policy even knowing it would benefit Trump.

The jobs do not currently exist to force people back into.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #52488 on: October 06, 2020, 06:08:13 PM »

Holding the American people hostage? If we don't elect him, will he refuse to provide COVID-19 relief during the remaining 2.5 months of his term?

Have you missed that this president wants people to WORK?

THAT is the best relief.
So you are under the belief that the reason for record unemployment and an economy oozing nearly a million jobs a month is because people do not want to work? Seriously?

No, its political hacks trumpeting that cautious line - they feel they need to - in order to not be at all supportive of their foe.  Most citizens want things open - and yes, knowing the risk.

Nope.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

oilcan

« Reply #52489 on: October 06, 2020, 06:15:32 PM »

I'll field one troll post per day,  and then I'm done.   Does he ever bring facts,  or just what he imagines/projects Democrats are feeling?   I notice he never responded to Bart's factual article on why the Chicago uptick in shootings.   Factophobia?   

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #52490 on: October 06, 2020, 06:19:18 PM »

Gergen was right, we are in the grips of a madman.

Today he said to the American people, "you'll get relief after I'm re-elected."

So millions of vulnerable people will suffer needlessly to this monster's steroid-pumped ego, impaired judgement and his massive indifference to plight of most Americans.

This cancer must be removed from the WH.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #52491 on: October 06, 2020, 06:21:30 PM »

I'll field one troll post per day,  and then I'm done.   Does he ever bring facts,  or just what he imagines/projects Democrats are feeling?   I notice he never responded to Bart's factual article on why the Chicago uptick in shootings.   Factophobia?

kid's a disingenuous idiot-troll.

And that's the nicest thing that can be said of him.

barton

« Reply #52492 on: October 06, 2020, 06:27:28 PM »

Eddie Van Halen just died of cancer,  age 65.  I know that is off-topic but I add it as exhibit V-423 to the mounting evidence pile that 2020 sucks a bowling ball through a garden hose.   May he rest in peace and then dance the night away.

I find Kid regurgitating undigested Trump tweets as some sort of wisdom amusing.   He amuses me,  how?   Like a clown?   Yes.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #52493 on: October 06, 2020, 06:30:39 PM »

Eddie Van Halen just died of cancer,  age 65.  I know that is off-topic but I add it as exhibit V-423 to the mounting evidence pile that 2020 sucks a bowling ball through a garden hose.   May he rest in peace and then dance the night away.

I find Kid regurgitating undigested Trump tweets as some sort of wisdom amusing.   He amuses me,  how?   Like a clown?   Yes.

So my 13 year old granddaughter asked who was Eddie Van Halen.

I said he played the guitar solo on ‘Beat It!’

“OH NO!”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #52494 on: October 06, 2020, 07:01:23 PM »

Being reported

NEW: Stephen Miller has tested positive for COVID, per senior administration official. Adds Miller has been working remotely for last 5 days, testing negative every day through yesterday, and is in quarantine after a positive test today.

barton

« Reply #52495 on: October 06, 2020, 07:02:45 PM »

So my 13 year old granddaughter asked who was Eddie Van Halen.

I said he played the guitar solo on ‘Beat It!’

“OH NO!”

Indeed.   I posted some solo tracks in the music thread.   I remember a young me trying to do justice to the chords for "Panama" -- not as easy as he made it sound.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52496 on: October 06, 2020, 07:14:21 PM »

Being reported

NEW: Stephen Miller has tested positive for COVID, per senior administration official. Adds Miller has been working remotely for last 5 days, testing negative every day through yesterday, and is in quarantine after a positive test today.

Mazeltov. I wish him all the tzuris his shonda has been causing everyone else, especially those without papers and those at our borders all together in one unimaginable dose. And a long slow iffy recovery, of course.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #52497 on: October 06, 2020, 07:16:17 PM »

Being reported

Couldn’t happen to nicer Nazi.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #52498 on: October 06, 2020, 07:18:29 PM »

Being reported

Mazeltov. I wish him all the tzuris his shonda has been causing everyone else, especially those without papers and those at our borders all together in one unimaginable dose. And a long slow iffy recovery, of course.

Fac-I'm not an observant or religious man, (though I think I'm a moral man) and would describe myself as agnostic, but at times like these, I think there may be a God.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52499 on: October 06, 2020, 07:20:03 PM »

kid's a disingenuous idiot-troll.

And that's the nicest thing that can be said of him.

Kiid is like the skin heads we’d rough up and toss out the back stairs into the alley. This being 2020, he easily respawns and graces us once again with his wit and wisdom.

It’s an unfortunate he gets all that wit and wisdom babybirded into him by a diseased turkey with a death wish, not just for himself but for everyone.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 3498 3499 [3500] 3501 3502 ... 4288