Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3578 3579 [3580] 3581 3582 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584060 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #53685 on: October 17, 2020, 03:25:17 PM »

How trumpists steal your money

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/10/16/1987150/-Peter-Navarro-And-The-White-House-Owe-Taxpayers-an-Explanation-for-Wasting-Their-Money

No wonder donald is gearing up to flee the country.

Evidence of incompetence ? Yes
Evidence of corruption ? No

Plenty of other evidence of corruption.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53686 on: October 17, 2020, 03:25:36 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53687 on: October 17, 2020, 03:26:52 PM »

https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/index.html

Early voting stats from across the country.

I am pretty well convinced that there is little to conclude about who will win or how large the turnout will be overall from the early voting stats, but they remain interesting to me.

barton

« Reply #53688 on: October 17, 2020, 03:51:00 PM »

Regarding Joe Biden boilermaker claim....

Factcheck. org also verifies that was a false statement. 

Kid,  you might this useful,  for comparison purposes:

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/10/factchecking-trumps-town-hall/
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 03:52:46 PM by barton »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #53689 on: October 17, 2020, 03:55:34 PM »

Why do some people talk so loud? Some people will be right next to each other and they talk so loud that the whole apartment complex can hear them talk. Some people talk loud on the trains too, they force everyone on the train to listen to them talk. People need to quiet down, and they need to keep their business to themselves. I do not need to hear every word of their bullshit.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53690 on: October 17, 2020, 04:33:14 PM »

According to a recent Navigator Research survey, 52 percent of registered voters said that the “worst is yet to come” in terms of dealing with the novel coronavirus. That’s compared with 32 percent who said “the worst is over” and 16 percent who said they didn’t know. The poll also found that 78 percent support laws in their states requiring people to wear masks in public places. That includes 92 percent of Democrats, 70 percent of independents and 62 percent of Republicans.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53691 on: October 17, 2020, 04:55:36 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/16/politics/david-perdue-kamala-harris/index.html

Perdue, who serves on the Senate Budget Committee with Harris, was speaking ahead of the President's arrival in Macon when derisively referred to the vice presidential candidate as "Ka-MAL-a (sic), Ka-MAL-a or Kamala, Kamala, Ka-mala, -mala, -mala, I don't know, whatever," to laughter from the crowd.
Perdue then warned the crowd of a potential liberal take over of government with "Bernie and Elizabeth and Kah-mah-la or Kah-ma-la or Kamamboamamla or however you say it."  (Perdue has served with Kamala Harris in the on a committee in the Senate for 3 years)
A spokeswoman for Perdue's campaign defended his remarks in a statement to CNN.

"Senator Perdue simply mispronounced Senator Harris' name, and he didn't mean anything by it," said Casey Black.

No, Casey Black, a simple mispronunciation happens once, not repeatedly in the same sentence with a "whatever" attached.

Why won't Perdue and Black simply admit that Perdue was mocking Harris's name for laughs?!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53692 on: October 17, 2020, 04:59:50 PM »

Because Perdoodoo is a piece of shit, a racist piece of shit to be precise.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #53693 on: October 17, 2020, 05:06:47 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/16/politics/david-perdue-kamala-harris/index.html

Perdue, who serves on the Senate Budget Committee with Harris, was speaking ahead of the President's arrival in Macon when derisively referred to the vice presidential candidate as "Ka-MAL-a (sic), Ka-MAL-a or Kamala, Kamala, Ka-mala, -mala, -mala, I don't know, whatever," to laughter from the crowd.
Perdue then warned the crowd of a potential liberal take over of government with "Bernie and Elizabeth and Kah-mah-la or Kah-ma-la or Kamamboamamla or however you say it."  (Perdue has served with Kamala Harris in the on a committee in the Senate for 3 years)
A spokeswoman for Perdue's campaign defended his remarks in a statement to CNN.

"Senator Perdue simply mispronounced Senator Harris' name, and he didn't mean anything by it," said Casey Black.

No, Casey Black, a simple mispronunciation happens once, not repeatedly in the same sentence with a "whatever" attached.

Why won't Perdue and Black simply admit that Perdue was mocking Harris's name for laughs?!

“Hi there, Macaca!”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #53694 on: October 17, 2020, 05:14:07 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/17/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html

10 states reported their highest number of new COVID-19 cases thus far.

The US had its highest number of new cases nationally since July for a single day, with more than 70,000. The 7 day average for new daily cases is its highest in two months.

We've gone up roughly 60% in the average daily cases since we hit a low about 5 weeks ago, to the level we were at an equivalent time before that.

Charming.

Trouble is...there are so many people in America that it's almost impossible to get everyone to wear masks and social distance at least 6ft all the time, all day and all night.
How can US cities operate with only 9 people in a bus, 11 in a train carriage, and 1 maybe 2 in every elevator.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #53695 on: October 17, 2020, 05:14:50 PM »

Stevie Nicks drops a new track with Dave Grohl. Told my wife I had two major musical crushes in the mid-70s, Chaka Khan and Stevie Nicks.

She said, “yeah, that sounds like you.”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPxKoTeF7b-VlG7q04zYn1YCFtwpjsitF4DgzfbY59HEr-SzhTGVIKJSHE2zyneMbAD7-aOyBCAWjtQ3g52ZghXzf8ekBzvA&feature=emb_logo&time_continue=20&v=-hsNZXe3r50
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #53696 on: October 17, 2020, 05:27:54 PM »

US authorities are investigating whether recently published emails that purport to detail the business dealings of Joe Biden's son in Ukraine and China are connected to an ongoing Russian disinformation effort targeting the former vice president's campaign, a US official and a congressional source briefed on the matter said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEdeHwzzM-g

Seen this before with HRC. Weird unprovable email stuff just before the election.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #53697 on: October 17, 2020, 05:35:12 PM »

Trump's problem, as I see it, is that he spoke too much, said too many things on the internet etc, many of which he then had to post more words on the internet etc trying to correct/explain/backtrack.

He should've presided by official media releases only.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: A Little Beheading Never Hurt Anyone
« Reply #53698 on: October 17, 2020, 05:53:15 PM »

Poor French teacher...maybe the worst way to die, having your head hacked off.

The wise today do not even speak or write the M word.

For criticizing such believers and writing the first letter you put yourself in peril. They are probably on their way to your house to hack off your ear right now.  Best to go into deep hiding immediately ...

I did a detailed risk assessment before posting it. I am at serious risk as you pointed out, especially as I'm not allowed to own machine guns, pump-action shotguns, handguns, grenades etc.
If only I lived in America!   Then I could protect myself.
No wonder Americans don't want to give up their guns.
I'm in deep hiding already, as best as I can, I'm not allowed to modify my house as the 'landlord' [they own the building, I own the money/value] has rules.
No rules against a suit of armour though.
No rules against spear fishing either.

Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: A Little Beheading Never Hurt Anyone
« Reply #53699 on: October 17, 2020, 06:11:57 PM »

No rules against spear fishing either.

You wouldn't know what to do with a spear if you caught one.
Pages: 1 ... 3578 3579 [3580] 3581 3582 ... 4288