Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3671 3672 [3673] 3674 3675 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2004658 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #55080 on: October 29, 2020, 03:01:54 PM »

Test balloon for Barton -

what type of ban would you give Larry for his statement that is currently at issue here?

That's the real heart and soul of a political chat thread, isn't it? 

Typical politician!  C'mon Bart you can do better.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #55081 on: October 29, 2020, 03:07:49 PM »

Here's what will happen if you elect Sleepy Barton:

Trolling like you've never seen.
Posts  that get quoted that get quote that get quoted.  Quotes like you wouldn't believe.
Personal attacks!
Have you seen the Knicks forum?  It's a shame what has happened in there.  It's sad.
Trolls from other forums will ruin the Trump Administration.  You should love me.  Would you please love me?

barton

« Reply #55082 on: October 29, 2020, 03:09:47 PM »

LMAO!  Kam,  you've captured the GOP Zeitgeist perfectly.   

Some people are saying, quite a few actually,  that Kam paid a couple Cocker Spaniels to pee on him while visiting Moscow.  In Idaho.   It's very suspicious.   

« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 03:14:22 PM by barton »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #55083 on: October 29, 2020, 03:20:47 PM »

Daily Telegraph headline news today:

'France "Under Attack";

Terrorist kills three in church horror.
One elderly woman has been decapitated
and two others stabbed to death during a
terrorist attack at a church in Nice, as French police foiled three other possible incidents.'
"A 21 yr old Tunisian immigrant armed with a knife, has killed three people".

#####

These sorts of attacks in Europe are exactly why the Christchurch mosques massacres happened, the shooter said in his manifesto.
They also were so deadly because NZ had not banned the sale to and ownership of assault rifles by, the public.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 03:23:59 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55086 on: October 29, 2020, 03:28:54 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/29/health/covid-excess-deaths-senators-letter/index.html

It's great that 3 Democratic Party senators asked the HHS and CDC these questions.

But... why aren't the GOP senators asking?!

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #55087 on: October 29, 2020, 03:31:49 PM »

It's never too late...but France won't take the measures necessary to stop terrorist attacks on its soil.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #55089 on: October 29, 2020, 03:48:02 PM »

Some people are saying, quite a few actually,  that Kam paid a couple Cocker Spaniels to pee on him while visiting Moscow.  In Idaho.   It's very suspicious.

These are all vicious lies.  I've never even been to Moscow.  Barton says the nastiest things about me.  I mean I travel everywhere so I might have been in Moscow but I don't even like Cocker Spaniels.  Have you seen the dogs they're accusing me of? I mean, woof! Ok?  Not my type.  If i did have a dog pee on me it would be a Great Dane.  But this is what they do folks, they can't beat me so they attack me personally but it's ok folks.  It's ok.... all right well. Yeah, lock them all up! Why hasn't he been locked up for saying these things about me?  And the lying media won't say anything about it. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55090 on: October 29, 2020, 03:51:40 PM »

These are all vicious lies.  I've never even been to Moscow.  Barton says the nastiest things about me.  I mean I travel everywhere so I might have been in Moscow but I don't even like Cocker Spaniels.  Have you seen the dogs they're accusing me of? I mean, woof! Ok?  Not my type.  If i did have a dog pee on me it would be a Great Dane.  But this is what they do folks, they can't beat me so they attack me personally but it's ok folks.  It's ok.... all right well. Yeah, lock them all up! Why hasn't he been locked up for saying these things about me?  And the lying media won't say anything about it. 

I've been to three Moscows, as it happens.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #55091 on: October 29, 2020, 04:03:42 PM »

Trump's travel and immigration policies were condemned.
Trump's wisdom on such matters was not embraced by Americans and the world.
Oh well, he tried.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55092 on: October 29, 2020, 04:04:32 PM »

Test balloon for Barton -

what type of ban would you give Larry for his statement that is currently at issue here?

I think others made the point about original use versus later morphings.  Larry was using hyperbole in calling government shirking of pandemic control a "final solution."  That term's resonance with Hitler's program to exterminate Jewish people is unfortunate, and that's where the hyperbole comes in.  I don't think he meant it as a straight analogy.  He, and several other members, use punchy language, often to express frustration with the government.  Hardly a bannable offense.   

And, more to your point, you all responded to his choice of words with other words, and felt free to do so.  That's the real heart and soul of a political chat thread, isn't it?  If we don't know how other people feel, because they're afraid to speak unguardedly, then how do we get to know them and know where their worldview is coming from?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55093 on: October 29, 2020, 04:08:34 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #55094 on: October 29, 2020, 04:26:26 PM »

Daily Telegraph headline news today:

'France "Under Attack";

Terrorist kills three in church horror.
One elderly woman has been decapitated
and two others stabbed to death during a
terrorist attack at a church in Nice, as French police foiled three other possible incidents.'
"A 21 yr old Tunisian immigrant armed with a knife, has killed three people".

#####

These sorts of attacks in Europe are exactly why the Christchurch mosques massacres happened, the shooter said in his manifesto.
They also were so deadly because NZ had not banned the sale to and ownership of assault rifles by, the public.

Three people were just killed at a church in Nice by a terrorist with a knife, one of the victims was completely beheaded.

Then, recently a teacher in Paris was beheaded because he said something that offended a terrorist.

The terrorism in France needs to end.

And I bet the fire at the Notre Dame cathedral in Paris was intentionally set.

France needs to welcome in more Roman Catholic immigrants, from Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela, the Philippines, El Salvador, etc, and France needs to have more Roman Catholic immigrants in the French Foreign Legion.

France also needs to have armed security guards at all of the churches.

Long live France!

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 3671 3672 [3673] 3674 3675 ... 4288