Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3702 3703 [3704] 3705 3706 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1882424 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #55545 on: November 02, 2020, 04:13:46 PM »

Found another cousin of Larry. He lost his job, but like Larry a great student of history: https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=uh3_news_vert_gs&p=how+not+to+reference+the+holocaust#id=2&vid=949bfbfdf208056325bb1f337b9d8f50&action=click

Of course, Josh won't ban Larry, though Larry is on record saying he did it deliberately and willfully.  Larry keeps his job at this media outlet.

What's the matter, Josh? If kid or red did that, willfully and deliberately misused the Holocaust to demonize a political opponent, you'd be thinking of banning them, if not having done so, already.

Maybe you don't have the stones to do what's right?

People have been suspended here for far less egregious commentary.

Bitch, please.

I almost feel as is I should pay rent for the space I’m occupying in your head.

Fuck off, bigot.

You're on the doorstep of a ban in my book.  If you don't like what someone has to say, put them on ignore.

Gee, so sorry, Kam. But, please go back and do a search on "Fuck Off" and who tends to use it here the most.

Guess who is at the top of the list?

Hint: Starts with "L".

Goddamn right!

I gives them to those who earns them, so

FUCK OFF! et Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum.

You're now on Kam's doorstep, "Christian" Lawrence.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #55546 on: November 02, 2020, 04:14:47 PM »

A federal judge rejected a bid by Republican activists to invalidate 127,000 votes in the most populous county in Texas.

“For lack of a nicer way of saying it, I ain’t buying it,” U.S. District Judge Andrew Hanen said at a hearing Monday in Houston, rejecting the request by Republican activists because of lack of standing.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-02/judge-expresses-skepticism-on-bid-to-invalidate-texas-votes

Won't matter.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55547 on: November 02, 2020, 04:15:42 PM »

To Serve and Protect...

The rhetoric in the slide show is consistent with “warrior-style” police training, which teaches officers to dehumanize people to act aggressively and forcefully. It also trains officers to approach every encounter with citizens as having a possibility of becoming dangerous or fatal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/11/02/kentucky-state-police-hitler-slideshow/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55548 on: November 02, 2020, 04:20:42 PM »

Found another cousin of Larry. He lost his job, but like Larry a great student of history: https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=uh3_news_vert_gs&p=how+not+to+reference+the+holocaust#id=2&vid=949bfbfdf208056325bb1f337b9d8f50&action=click

Of course, Josh won't ban Larry, though Larry is on record saying he did it deliberately and willfully.  Larry keeps his job at this media outlet.

What's the matter, Josh? If kid or red did that, willfully and deliberately misused the Holocaust to demonize a political opponent, you'd be thinking of banning them, if not having done so, already.

Maybe you don't have the stones to do what's right?

People have been suspended here for far less egregious commentary.

Bitch, please.

I almost feel as is I should pay rent for the space I’m occupying in your head.

Fuck off, bigot.

Weren’t we supposed to watch who we told to fuck off?

I’m so confused... heh

You are seriously confused, and by many things.

You must be a Christian.

Sure am.

My family used to live in an intentional Christian community.

One of the best decisions I’ve ever made.

"I also know that if today I refuse to hate Jews, or anybody else, it is because I know how it feels to be hated. I learned this from Christians, and I ceased to practice what the Christians practiced.

The crisis taking place in the world, and in the minds and hearts of black men everywhere, is not produced by the star of David, but by the old, rugged Roman cross on which Christendom's most celebrated Jew was murdered. And not by Jews."

--James Baldwin

Guess you better rethink your decision, Lawrence.

Heh

James Baldwin was raised in the church and was a youth minister.

He was also a gay black teen and nowhere will you find more gay people AND homophobia than the black church,
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55549 on: November 02, 2020, 04:24:58 PM »

Fuck off, bigot.

You're on the doorstep of a ban in my book.  If you don't like what someone has to say, put them on ignore.
[/quote]

Gee, so sorry, Kam. But, please go back and do a search on "Fuck Off" and who tends to use it here the most.

Guess who is at the top of the list?

Hint: Starts with "L".
[/quote]

Goddamn right!

I gives them to those who earns them, so

FUCK OFF! et Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum.
[/quote]

You're now on Kam's doorstep, "Christian" Lawrence.
[/quote]

Why don’t you worry about your own doorstep, bruh. Why don’t you check out that beam in your own eye?

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55550 on: November 02, 2020, 04:28:26 PM »

A federal judge rejected a bid by Republican activists to invalidate 127,000 votes in the most populous county in Texas.

“For lack of a nicer way of saying it, I ain’t buying it,” U.S. District Judge Andrew Hanen said at a hearing Monday in Houston, rejecting the request by Republican activists because of lack of standing.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-02/judge-expresses-skepticism-on-bid-to-invalidate-texas-votes

Won't matter.

When a political party’s electoral strategy depends on fewer people voting it means they know they ain’t shit.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #55551 on: November 02, 2020, 04:41:25 PM »

MSNBC still had Biden as locked-in winner of Michigan's 16 electorals

Real Clear puts it back in tossup.

Biden would still need to win at least 2 other tossups, with PA - to get over the hump

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #55552 on: November 02, 2020, 04:46:21 PM »

A message from Lindsey Graham:

I think this happens organically.  You don't marry and stay with someone with polar opposite views.
"The husband is responsible for how the wife votes" does not happen organically out side.of the Comey Barrett household Handmaid's Tale.

Ha!  But seriously... who is marrying someone (and staying with them) that has different political ideals?
James Carville.

Well, that's the third time his name has come up as a resonse to the question. Thanks for keeping up.

Has anyone mentioned Mary Matalin?

I've seen Carville a few times recently on MSNBC (big LSU fan), and he's as partisan as ever, but I haven't seen her in awhile.

I wonder whether Trump's overt fascist tendencies has reduced her partisan fever a few degrees.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #55553 on: November 02, 2020, 04:52:34 PM »

Won't matter.

When a political party’s electoral strategy depends on fewer people voting it means they know they ain’t shit.

Or they have the power and will to enforce minority rule.

We all know the Repubs ain't shit, but we don't know whether they're sufficiently desperate and degenerate to pull the trigger with democracy in their sights.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55554 on: November 02, 2020, 04:54:50 PM »

Won't matter.
Your party seems to think it might.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55555 on: November 02, 2020, 04:57:49 PM »

They are putting an unscalable fence around the famous superfund site on Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington D.C. that’s just about to be put under new management.

"unscalable"

Mexico is paying for it.

US taxpayers are

Thanks, AntiFa

He could go into his bunker and seal himself in with concrete. He should be safe enough.

He can find lots of people ready to do the labor for him who will never bill him a single cent for their efforts.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55556 on: November 02, 2020, 05:04:03 PM »

MSNBC still had Biden as locked-in winner of Michigan's 16 electorals

Real Clear puts it back in tossup.

Biden would still need to win at least 2 other tossups, with PA - to get over the hump

Trump has this in the bag. In fact, he wants all his supporters to stay home since he has won already and doesn’t need their vote. He wants as many of his supporters to stay home as possible to avoid deep state shenanigans at the polls.

If it’s not in the bag and you support trump, he wants you to stay home and not vote in protest of the election being stolen.

This is especially true of white males without a college degree and husbands who beat their wives.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55557 on: November 02, 2020, 05:06:02 PM »

Won't matter.

Or they have the power and will to enforce minority rule.

We all know the Repubs ain't shit, but we don't know whether they're sufficiently desperate and degenerate to pull the trigger with democracy in their sights.

These guys are capable of making that move but do they have the juice to pull it off?

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55558 on: November 02, 2020, 05:12:27 PM »

“In an unsigned opinion, the high court threw out the decision by the U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals that let the lawsuit against Mckesson move forward, sending the dispute back to the lower court for further proceedings. Only Justice Clarence Thomas noted his dissent.“

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/supreme-court-deray-mckesson-case-black-lives-matter/

Clarence Thomas would have been a slave catcher...

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #55559 on: November 02, 2020, 05:17:35 PM »

Texas

If Texas voters adhere to their party affiliations, the early voting there could indicate that President Trump is on track to meet or exceed his 9 point win over Hillary Clinton in 2016, meaning the polls are understating support for Trump by an average of about 7%. If that does end up being the case, it could mean two things: political polling has gotten worse since 2016; and Texas isn’t turning blue anytime soon.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2020/10/29/trump-by-a-landslide-in-texas-early-voting-numbers-are-diverging-strongly-from-the-polls/?sh=44f5a1981fca
Pages: 1 ... 3702 3703 [3704] 3705 3706 ... 4288