Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3712 3713 [3714] 3715 3716 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1882496 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #55695 on: November 03, 2020, 02:58:21 PM »

This will bother MOST of you, though it should bother ALL of you:

https://news.yahoo.com/headstones-jewish-cemetery-spray-painted-143637904.html

Who do you think is responsible?

While not a guarantee, the vast majority of the time, the folks who put the mottoes on mean them.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55696 on: November 03, 2020, 02:59:12 PM »

https://www.axios.com/joe-biden-campaign-battleground-state-lead-55cd1298-3aab-4a11-8fd5-5efafc8b3220.html

Biden campaign issued a statement that they believe they have an 8 point battleground lead.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #55697 on: November 03, 2020, 03:00:31 PM »

It "puts Joe at just 262" because you have miraculously decided that he doesn't win MN or NV, but with no basis, while assuming Trump hangs onto AZ, FL, GA, and NC. Plus both NE-2 and ME-2.

No, I really havent.

I have it 258-236.  Trump ahead.

What do you have?

279-193

MI, NV, PA, and WI + NE-2 all for Biden. Lots of undecideds.

I think that is 269

But I am sure you meant to add MN

oilcan

« Reply #55698 on: November 03, 2020, 03:03:59 PM »

Anyone who isn't a little nervous today has much better drugs than I do.   

I'm putting Uncle Joe at 280.  It shouldn't be that close,  but Facebook propagandists have succeeded too well.   Years of misinformation, repeated incessantly, has nearly destroyed the USA.   I know we can do better,  strengthen the nation's immune system against bullshit.   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #55699 on: November 03, 2020, 03:04:25 PM »

https://www.axios.com/joe-biden-campaign-battleground-state-lead-55cd1298-3aab-4a11-8fd5-5efafc8b3220.html

Biden campaign issued a statement that they believe they have an 8 point battleground lead.

Why it matters: The campaign is arguing that it will be mathematically difficult for President Trump to close the gap with in-person voting on Election Day, and it's working to create the impression that a Biden victory is most likely.

That's dangerous

Old or disabled folks planning on staying in a long line may just say FUCK IT, we won.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #55700 on: November 03, 2020, 03:06:48 PM »

BREAKING: Deutsche Bank has decided to sever ties with Trump, still plans to collect on the $340 million he still owes them…

The bank that funded the 3rd Reich knows when its time to bail.

The tough phone call for Trump will come when Putin and his buddies want to settle accounts by midnight.

They would have taken the influence, but now they want cash.

Trumping Day!

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #55701 on: November 03, 2020, 03:12:46 PM »

I cannot support Trump because he is mentally unsound. Nearly everyone he is associated with has gone to jail or has been fired except for relatives. The perfect storm is the pandemic, an absolute disaster with him in charge because he is so delusional, dictatorial, and unscientific.

Hard to argue with.
If only he'd been wiser.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55702 on: November 03, 2020, 03:20:18 PM »

This will bother MOST of you, though it should bother ALL of you:

https://news.yahoo.com/headstones-jewish-cemetery-spray-painted-143637904.html

Who do you think is responsible?

I guess you didn't read what was written on the tombstones?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #55703 on: November 03, 2020, 03:20:28 PM »

I cannot support Trump because he is mentally unsound. Nearly everyone he is associated with has gone to jail or has been fired except for relatives. The perfect storm is the pandemic, an absolute disaster with him in charge because he is so delusional, dictatorial, and unscientific.

Then again, he has cracked down on the brown people entering ...

Open borders, anyone just waltzing in because they feel like it, is a totally flawed policy.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #55704 on: November 03, 2020, 03:21:58 PM »

David Frum on the Trump's campaign

its pretty funny and dead-on

https://twitter.com/davidfrum?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

this one is aimed at the kid-Landa's of the world.

When this is all over, nobody will admit to ever having supported it

heh

"If there was a flaw in our strategy, it was probably that we forgot that women had the vote."

"If there was a flaw in our strategy, it was letting our campaign staff steal all the money instead of using it for campaign purposes."

"If there was a flaw in our campaign strategy, it was probably failing to deal with pandemic disease while plunging the economy into the worst slump since the Great Depression."

"If there was a flaw in our campaign strategy, it was probably the decision to make our Number One issue the unfairness of cable TV to the president, instead of anything any voter actually cared about."

"If there was a flaw in our campaign strategy, it was nominating and renominating a malignant narcissist in thrall to foreign powers with zero care or concern for anything other than grabbing as much other people's money as he could lay hands on."

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #55705 on: November 03, 2020, 03:23:31 PM »

BREAKING: Deutsche Bank has decided to sever ties with Trump, still plans to collect on the $340 million he still owes them…

The bank that funded the 3rd Reich knows when its time to bail.

The tough phone call for Trump will come when Putin and his buddies want to settle accounts by midnight.

They would have taken the influence, but now they want cash.

Trumping Day!

Germany is teaming up with Australia against China.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55706 on: November 03, 2020, 03:41:25 PM »

President Bartlett weighs in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ckdatqp_Js

Must see TV for all ya'll.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #55707 on: November 03, 2020, 03:48:23 PM »

On Proposition 16 in California, I voted "No" because it is unconstitutional, and it violates our Civil Rights Act of 1964 which Martin Luther King Jr and others struggled and marched for.

https://www.usedulaw.com/216-civil-rights-act-of-1964.html

Under the Civil Rights Act of 1964, we are all equal when it comes to applying for a job, no one is allowed to ask you your race when you apply for a job.

And with the Civil Rights Act of 1968 then no one is allowed to ask you your race when you apply for an apartment, we are all equal when it comes to applying for housing.

We are also all equal when it comes to education.

I voted "No" on Proposition 16.

Salute,

Tony V.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1968

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55708 on: November 03, 2020, 03:55:57 PM »

I cancelled you out on that one Tony. I was for funding stem cell research and taxing rich people’s extra property. I was also for making Uber and Lyft pay their people.

It’s fun voting in California.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 3712 3713 [3714] 3715 3716 ... 4288