Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3880 3881 [3882] 3883 3884 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1605000 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #58215 on: November 25, 2020, 09:34:44 PM »

Ac­cording to the Amer­i­can Au­to­mo­bile As­so­ci­ation

How many people in Brooklyn have cars?

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #58216 on: November 25, 2020, 09:37:54 PM »

Denver Mayor Michael Hancock (D) is flying to Mississippi to spend Thanksgiving with his family despite advising residents against traveling for the holidays if possible as part of an effort to combat the spread of the coronavirus.

The beat goes on

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #58217 on: November 25, 2020, 09:39:37 PM »

Have I mentioned to you folks that Ward lies and deceives, with almost any post of his that has content?!

35% Say Worth the Risk of Virus Exposure[/size]

Ac­cording to the Amer­i­can Au­to­mo­bile As­so­ci­ation, there could be as many as 50 mil­lion Thanks­giv­ing trav­el­ers this year, only 10% less than in 2019.

Why?
Americans are fed up with politicians who tell us what rules to follow then they pull rank and do what pleases them.

Only 35% think it's worth the risk. And you think that makes your point? Fool.

Actually it gives me great pride that most Americans are not as ill-informed  as you.

And on the subject of hypocrites, I offer you all Red State Ward:
https://newsroom.aaa.com/2020/11/fewer-americans-traveling-this-thanksgiving-amid-pandemic/

AAA anticipates at least a 10% drop in travel – the largest one-year decrease since the Great Recession in 2008.
Wow!  10 per cent!
Americans just told the politicians to go fuck themselves 
By extension that includes you, Josh.

You still can't read.

And you are still a lying asshole.
LOL!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58218 on: November 25, 2020, 09:40:39 PM »

Florida thingy matt gaetz declares the entire trump administration to be a RICO style crime for which dopey don needs to provide pardons for.

Someone should seriously investigate his allegations.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/527513-gaetz-trump-should-pardon-everyone-including-himself-to-quench
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #58219 on: November 25, 2020, 09:53:19 PM »

knicks

You're sounding like Jenna Ellis

"Your question is fundamentally flawed, when you're asking, 'where's the evidence?' You clearly don't understand the legal process" -- Jenna Ellis

If you really want to see the raw data collected through Larry’s hard work you should offer to pay the man. If you doubt his accuracy or methodology, you should replicate the research yourself. You’ll want at least 190 participants to fully complete the process. Be sure to consider that in your research design.

Have a good thanksgiving, Boston Karen. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #58221 on: November 25, 2020, 10:03:23 PM »

Did the Cambridge police ever apologize to Dr. Henry Louis Gates Jr.?

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #58222 on: November 25, 2020, 10:09:35 PM »

Florida thingy matt gaetz declares the entire trump administration to be a RICO style crime for which dopey don needs to provide pardons for.

Someone should seriously investigate his allegations.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/527513-gaetz-trump-should-pardon-everyone-including-himself-to-quench

Remember the bust out scene in ‘Goodfellas?’
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58223 on: November 25, 2020, 10:12:55 PM »

Denver Mayor Michael Hancock (D) is flying to Mississippi to spend Thanksgiving with his family despite advising residents against traveling for the holidays if possible as part of an effort to combat the spread of the coronavirus.

The beat goes on

Yes, I posted this already.

Unlike you, I call out hypocrisy in politicians, regardless of party.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #58224 on: November 25, 2020, 10:20:42 PM »

Ac­cording to the Amer­i­can Au­to­mo­bile As­so­ci­ation

How many people in Brooklyn have cars?

heh

What?

(ZIPcar for those who don't)
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #58225 on: November 25, 2020, 10:27:50 PM »

They don’t even bother with dog whistles anymore.

Over the past several years, that Republican effort has consisted mostly of new state and local election laws that, in the name of combating fraud, have restricted voting in ways that often place a disproportionate burden on Black and Latino voters. Civil rights leaders and Democrats have cited these laws as not-so-subtle efforts at voter suppression, and, in several court cases, judges have agreed.

...But the degree to which the president is now pinpointing voters of color for disenfranchisement is striking even by modern Republican standards, especially after he performed better with Black voters this year than he did four years ago.

...Perhaps nowhere was the targeting of Black votes more explicit than in Wayne County, Mich., home to Detroit. Though Republicans pressured the Wayne County board of canvassers not to certify the vote, the number of precincts with slightly mismatched data was lower than it was in 2016, when Mr. Trump won the state by a smaller vote margin and the result was certified unanimously

...The Republican effort this election cycle, with its focus on disenfranchising so many Black voters, threatens to have a lasting effect on the party, current and former party members said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/22/us/politics/trump-republicans-black-voters.html
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 11:07:57 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58226 on: November 25, 2020, 10:31:46 PM »

knicks

You're sounding like Jenna Ellis

"Your question is fundamentally flawed, when you're asking, 'where's the evidence?' You clearly don't understand the legal process" -- Jenna Ellis

If you really want to see the raw data collected through Larry’s hard work you should offer to pay the man. If you doubt his accuracy or methodology, you should replicate the research yourself. You’ll want at least 190 participants to fully complete the process. Be sure to consider that in your research design.

Have a good thanksgiving, Boston Karen.

I made a comment on the linkage knicks provided between his abstract and a conclusion that I found so tenuous as to be almost meaningless.

Utley asked for details and was told to basically "fuck off"

So I mocked knicks defensiveness.

He lacked the balls to back up his work.

It may be brilliant scholarship but when he was asked to elaborate on it, he chose not to and got defensive.

As to methodology I had some concerns about the interviews, and how 20% had self-selected out of his questionaire, but as that was as much as knicks chose to share of his B-grade college work, it really wasn't worth pursuing.

As to paying for it, what are you fucking insane?

knicks presented his abstract here and when questioned on it he got pissy.

Boston Karen?

Am I supposed to be offended by that?

Sorry-I'm not that fucking woke.

Nor do I ever want to be.

Fac-are you too dense to understand knick's defensiveness about his B-graded study that he wouldn't support when asked was quite similar to Jenna Ellis's defensiveness about "'evidence"

I laughed at the timliness of it all.

That you seem cluelss and offended

well that's just too faccing bad.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 10:38:12 PM by bankshot1 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #58227 on: November 25, 2020, 11:15:13 PM »

Why shouldn’t I? 

Isn’t this the same motherfucker who accused you of all kind of heinous shit?

I don’t have the balls?

I don’t have the inclination.

Happy Thanksgiv8ng

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58228 on: November 25, 2020, 11:32:20 PM »

Why shouldn’t I? 

Isn’t this the same motherfucker who accused you of all kind of heinous shit?

I don’t have the balls?

I don’t have the inclination.

Happy Thanksgiv8ng

knicks no one here has a longer or more heated relationship with Utley than me.

No one.

But he was right when he questioned you.

If you're going to post your stuff here then it seems to me fair questions on it, are fair game.

And Utley made a legit observation and questioned you on it.

that you felt the kitchen was getting a little too warm is what it is, but that's not on Utley or me, its on you.

Despite your over-heated stove, I hope the pies are good to go for the family

« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 11:35:14 PM by bankshot1 »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #58229 on: November 25, 2020, 11:57:34 PM »

Because I track a lot more of it than I enjoy, I’m fairly familiar with the content of network and cable television since the advent of the cable era. The bulk of its content, till now since the start of that period, both reflects and intensifies negative racial stereotypes about non-whites and positive ones about whites. This is especially true on tv and cable news and in reality shows. That this should grow and maintain racism in the audience is hardly surprising. Nor is it surprising that this should elevate the popularity of race based voter suppression in the audience while making the idea of full and open franchise less popular.

In other words, the findings Larry reports in his abstract track very well with both other research on the topic and simple common sense.

Utley is all over the place so I don’t try much to understand him, though on larger issues I tend to agree with him more than I disagree.

In this case, Utley griped about the depth and complexity of data in an abstract. It’s not shit you get into in an abstract. Unless he has the paper that accompanied the abstract, he has no idea about the depth or complexity of the research. He also pointed to the SC as being a major part of the suppression problem. It is. Larry agreed it is. The current composition of the SC is a symptom of the racism in the polity fed by the racist content view on their TVs. Utley’s linked article supports Larry’s conclusion more than it does anything else in this context. Utley was using it to try and change the focus from our racist selves, friends, and neighbors to the racist court. Top down v. Bottom up.

Unless we get a handle on Larry’s side of that equation, Utley’s will never change in any meaningful or lasting way.

Banks, you tend to be reasonable, funny, balanced, and intelligent on most things, until you pick food fights with Larry again and again and again.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 12:13:07 AM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 3880 3881 [3882] 3883 3884 ... 4288