Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3944 3945 [3946] 3947 3948 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1997323 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #59175 on: December 05, 2020, 02:25:06 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #59176 on: December 05, 2020, 03:19:29 AM »

House votes to decriminalize marijuana at federal level

About time.

I'd like to hear Republicans (who voted 5-158 against) explain why the gov't protecting people's health by temporarily mandating masks during a pandemic is an affront to freedom, but smoking some herb is an arrestable offense putting you into the police and court system.

Of course, it's mostly a state issue, but this will just align fed and state policies.  And stop the Feds from bothering state legalization efforts, as well as open up banking for the maryjane industry.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59177 on: December 05, 2020, 04:41:04 AM »

I'd like to hear Republicans (who voted 5-158 against) explain why the gov't protecting people's health by temporarily mandating masks during a pandemic is an affront to freedom, but smoking some herb is an arrestable offense putting you into the police and court system.

I'd like a million dollars.

Doesn't mean I'm going to get it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #59178 on: December 05, 2020, 06:58:44 AM »

"China is no sister of ours".
bambuland cities and towns cancel and review friendships and sister cities with "China".
Good, and about time too.

"BULLY" is a word allegedly used by some mayors, in the DT article today.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 07:02:44 AM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59179 on: December 05, 2020, 09:27:12 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/05/health/first-covid-vaccine-shipments-inadequate/index.html

But what about this amazing delivery system we've been repeatedly told about?!

Wasn't all of this COVID crap supposed to go away once the election was over, if the Dems won? I know Ted Cruz told us that. And "fake news" was screamed all over the nation, but here we are and the first shipment of vaccine is short.

Yes, it remains amazing what the three companies have managed to do and all the more amazing if the vaccines perform as promised, without dire side effects or deaths from the vaccines.

But over-promises are their own problem on the delivery front and give cause for concern.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59181 on: December 05, 2020, 10:10:08 AM »

But over-promises are their own problem on the delivery front and give cause for concern

Really? Can you cite those "over-promises" that the companies made?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #59182 on: December 05, 2020, 10:17:13 AM »

More importantly - how will they get the vaccine out of the vials and into syringes?  I have to date seen no plans for this.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 10:29:28 AM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #59184 on: December 05, 2020, 10:39:12 AM »

God Bless You...

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #59185 on: December 05, 2020, 11:01:22 AM »

---South Carolina company chosen to produce prefilled syringes for COVID-19 vaccine---

https://www.counton2.com/health/coronavirus/south-carolina-company-chosen-to-produce-prefilled-syringes-for-covid-19-vaccine/

Really the easy part.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #59186 on: December 05, 2020, 11:09:49 AM »

About time.

Of course, it's mostly a state issue, but this will just align fed and state policies.  And stop the Feds from bothering state legalization efforts, as well as open up banking for the maryjane industry.
It is not going to be a federal law in your lifetime.

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #59187 on: December 05, 2020, 11:16:57 AM »

About time.

I'd like to hear Republicans (who voted 5-158 against) explain why the gov't protecting people's health by temporarily mandating masks during a pandemic is an affront to freedom, but smoking some herb is an arrestable offense putting you into the police and court system...

Has nothing to do with ideology,  and is rather about pols affirming the cultural center of their constituents.   For whom pot is firmly attached with subversive left-wing hippies and eroding the work ethic.   And, if that illogic wasn't enough, there's the whole black incarceration angle...how ya gonna make your DWB stops legit if you can't find a baggie?
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #59188 on: December 05, 2020, 11:18:28 AM »

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/05/943220215/backing-trump-some-ex-military-officers-spread-conspiracies-urge-martial-law

Just because you can fly a jet doesn't mean you can apply critical thinking skills to government.   
Im on the pavement

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #59189 on: December 05, 2020, 11:20:46 AM »

More importantly - how will they get the vaccine out of the vials and into syringes?  I have to date seen no plans for this.

You're now facing four years of a guy who uses metaphors.   Hope you can figure them out.
Im on the pavement

Pages: 1 ... 3944 3945 [3946] 3947 3948 ... 4288