Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4060 4061 [4062] 4063 4064 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1999072 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #60915 on: December 22, 2020, 11:33:14 PM »

The upside of this from the Trump perspective escapes me.

Doing what he feels is right - as usual

Trump wanted a 2 tril package all along while Mitch was standing on 900 bil.

GENUINE.

Trump and McConnell sat on the Dems $2.6T plan for over 6 months while America was dieing. For Trump to come in at the 11th hour and threaten to kill the deal, as inadequate as it is, is a curious "fuck you" to McConnell and the Repubs and America, 

Not curious at all - McConnell called Biden the President-Elect.

This is part of the payback, but only part of it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #60916 on: December 22, 2020, 11:42:33 PM »

GENUINE.

Trump and McConnell sat on the Dems $2.6T plan for over 6 months while America was dieing. For Trump to come in at the 11th hour and threaten to kill the deal, as inadequate as it is, is a curious "fuck you" to McConnell and the Repubs and America, 

Not that I'm against it, but I don't see the real upside for Trump by fucking over the Repubs at the 11th hour.

He could have had a "win" with a $900B relief deal right before X-Mas, but instead has a high-cost power-play which could have real negative repercussions for the party of Scrooge. Again not that he gives a fuck. But it might piss off R-voters in Ga if they see the party of Scrooge say "bah-hum bug" to real with the rent, food, credit card bill, etc. help, so near X-Mas.

The mind of Trump is a curious mess. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #60919 on: December 22, 2020, 11:47:42 PM »

GENUINE.

Not that I'm against it, but I don't see the real upside for Trump by fucking over the Repubs at the 11th hour.

He could have had a "win" with a $900B relief deal right before X-Mas, but instead has a high-cost power-play which could have real negative repercussions for the party of Scrooge. Again not that he gives a fuck. But it might piss off R-voters in Ga if they see the party of Scrooge say "bah-hum bug" to real with the rent, food, credit card bill, etc. help, so near X-Mas.

He doesn’t give a fuck about anything beyond him.

The GOP didn’t fight hard enough to overturn the election.

They’re dead to him.

He does not care about anyone not named Trump.

But the GOP knew he was a snake when they bought in.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #60920 on: December 22, 2020, 11:50:07 PM »

Politics strange bed-fellows.

Dems all in for the $2K deal.

Mitch now gets to piss on it.

Or

Battle like hell with his Scrooge-caucus to support it.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #60921 on: December 22, 2020, 11:50:36 PM »

GENUINE.

They’re dead to him.

No shit.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #60922 on: December 23, 2020, 12:28:54 AM »

Trump has awarded ScoMo the Legion of Merit.
Always nice to receive an award.

When Trump awards it, it’s the mark of the beast.

Scummo must have been a very naughty boy. Your legal system should probably start taking their keenest interest in his doings.

Good Christian boy.
Squeaky clean.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60923 on: December 23, 2020, 12:43:10 AM »

The upside is he gets to feel he got back at McConnell.

It's just not that curious. It's (a) all about him and (b) getting back at those he sees as disloyal to him, no matter how petty.

There is no external-to-him measure that he uses to make sense of things, only internal.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60924 on: December 23, 2020, 12:45:57 AM »

The "law and order" president:

The pardons of former campaign aide George Papadopoulos, former US congressmen Duncan Hunter and Chris Collins, and the four Blackwater guards involved in the Iraq massacre kick off what is expected to be a flurry of pardons and commutations in the coming weeks as Trump concludes his term.

Also included in the batch announced on Tuesday are Alex van der Zwaan, the Dutch lawyer who was sentenced to 30 days in jail after pleading guilty to lying to Mueller investigators; two Border Patrol agents convicted in 2006 of shooting and wounding an unarmed undocumented immigrant and then covering it up; and several people convicted of non-violent drug crimes serving lengthy sentences.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #60925 on: December 23, 2020, 12:58:40 AM »

GENUINE.

They’re dead to him.

No shit.

He’s a monster and he is capable of any thing you can imagine...

Achtung
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #60926 on: December 23, 2020, 01:08:42 AM »

Bambu, I know you and Tony want China buying more OZ goods.
Well, this year there have been a lot of food products from Australia here.
Grant's toothpaste (one has eucalyptus oil and a pic of a koala on it); honey, breakfast cereal.  But now that I check, a fair amount of what I thought was from OZ is actually from NZ. 

Hubbards cereal (looks like they copied American "healthy" cereals in packaging and promo style -- specifically Just Right cereal).  Ginger molasses from NZ.  Pretty good, but one of those things like vegemite that on its own is a bit strong and offputting at first, but goes well with toast or toasted nut/raisin loaf.

But the bad news is these are all offerings at the discount import food stores and are being sold here fairly cheap -- often surplus or soon to expire goods (I don't worry much about expiration dates for toothpaste or honey).

There's also cheap Aussie wine, but I guess the supply is going to dry up soon if it hasn't already.  I don't really drink.

The Import Discount Food Stores have been fun.   Peruvian grilled artichoke hearts.
Before that giant artichoke hearts from Spain.  Cypriot and Greek juices.  Ginger marmalade from Scotland.  Honey from Borneo.  Cheap enough so you give oddities such as ginger molasses a try (thumbs up).  Thai soap, using Thai spices.  Soap from Kazahstan (central asians must have big hands).  Fancy South Korean toothpaste
If this is all due to the Belt and Road Initiative, then sign me up ...

There is only one Vegemite.
It's a spread, not to eaten with a spoon from the jar .  A thin scraping of it to be spread on just-cooled toast spread with margarine first.

Trade..."We buy your products, you must buy our products in return".

China spat the dummy (pacifier) out of its cot (crib) when bambuland told it "No".
20 coal ships from kangarooland are sitting off the coast of China, refused permission to dock....while electricity is being rationed in China and the people in manufacturing industries there are not happy.
China thinks it will beat us .
It obviously hasn't read 'The Spirit of Oz'. (easily googled)..."The Spirit of Oz - Sydney Morning Herald."

Just change some of the words to apply it to China.

5 versus:

"You hurt us bombing Bali, but we can
take the pain
But if you think you'll beat us, you
can think a-bloody-gain
We battled at Gallipoli and we fought
the bloody ...
Of all the a........ we've had to
face, you're just another one.

You.........................................
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #60927 on: December 23, 2020, 01:21:01 AM »

Trump has awarded ScoMo the Legion of Merit.
Always nice to receive an award.

When Trump awards it, it’s the mark of the beast.

Scummo must have been a very naughty boy. Your legal system should probably start taking their keenest interest in his doings.

Good Christian boy.
Squeaky clean.

Everyone thought that about my old Cardinal too, until he was exposed as a child molester.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #60928 on: December 23, 2020, 01:23:34 AM »

This may be the year we find out if a pardon is just another executive order subject to negation and recision by the author’s successor.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60929 on: December 23, 2020, 01:45:55 AM »

This may be the year we find out if a pardon is just another executive order subject to negation and recision by the author’s successor.

No, we know it is not.

The Constitution does not give POTUS "unpardon" power.

p.s. rescission.
Pages: 1 ... 4060 4061 [4062] 4063 4064 ... 4288