Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4190 4191 [4192] 4193 4194 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1665645 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #62865 on: January 12, 2021, 08:47:17 PM »

Trump will get some of the blame, because he has EARNED it. He did not tell people to stay home.

No, he actually said he'd be going with the rest of the deplorables on that march to the Capitol Building.

Then, he bailed. I guess someone reminded him of his bone spurs.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62866 on: January 12, 2021, 08:47:34 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/12/politics/supreme-court-medication-abortion/index.html

Little point to ruling on it after hours at this point.

Sure, the Court upheld the right of the FDA to enforce this new rule, but the rule itself will be removed early in the term.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62867 on: January 12, 2021, 08:51:16 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #62868 on: January 12, 2021, 08:59:31 PM »

You still know very little about FOX coverage, given your comments

I think if you judge shows on their individual merits you will have more credibility.

I watch as little as possible of Fox as I believe it to be (in the 7-11pm hours) a misleading and disingenuous voice. Simply put, they have lied to thir viewers for years.

But given the sea-change we are starting to see, and how leading Repubs (McConnell and Cheney) are signalling their intentions and feelings about Trump, it would not surprise me to see a change in tenor at Fox.

Fox is chasing ratings.  They're hemorrhaging viewers to even more misleading networks.  They aren't going to change their tenor for the better.

I didn't say Fox would change for the better, but change, and move away from being the network of Trump, to being the network of conservative Republicans.

To promote conservative agenda and conservative Rs Fox may have to move away from Trump.

And you ignored the the next two lines which read

This is now becoming about saving the R-party from Trump in '22 and '24, and Fox was originally set-up to promote the interests not of Trump, but rather the R-party.
[/b]

At this point it is becoming clear that money might  dry up both for R-politicians and for Fox if they continue to support a treasonous Trump who engineered a coup.

I think there is a very good chance that there will be so much bad news coming out about Trump over the next year or so, bailing on Trump, will be seen in hindsight as the right stategic move

And Macihavellian Mitch is good at congressional calculus.

Its funny but one of Roger Ailes goals in setting up Fox was to protect R-presidents, and help them avoid situations like Nixon in '74.

Ironically, the excesses they promoted by spreading Trump propaganda, created a monster so perverse, that it demanded impeachment. 

Twice.

BTW Britt Hume is on with Tucker Carlson, right now, making my point about Trump's toxicity and how while Trump might hold his hard-core, most Republicans with '22 and '24 in their sights, want and will move away from him.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62869 on: January 12, 2021, 09:06:15 PM »

Daily deaths from COVID-19 has climbed 50% in 12 days, since the Christmas dip.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62870 on: January 12, 2021, 09:06:55 PM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #62871 on: January 12, 2021, 09:22:32 PM »

I watch as little as possible of Fox as I believe it to be (in the 7-11pm hours) a misleading and disingenuous voice. Simply put, they have lied to thir viewers for years.

8-11

Morning show would irk you as well - though all mentioned do have guests that represent the other side and are treated quite fairly
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 09:27:12 PM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62872 on: January 12, 2021, 09:23:39 PM »

https://www.vox.com/22227009/mcconnell-biden-sabotage-confirmation-hearing-cabinet-senate-schumer

McConnell hasn't held a single confirmation hearing on Biden appointees. That's not normal.

Speaking of sedition.

Traditionally, after a presidential election, the Senate spends the period between when new senators are sworn in on January 3 and when the president is sworn in on January 20 holding confirmation hearings on the incoming president’s cabinet. This allows those nominees to be confirmed very swiftly after the president takes office.

Twelve of President Ronald Reagan’s nominees were confirmed in his first two days in office, as were 13 of President Bill Clinton’s nominees, seven of President George W. Bush’s, and nine of President Barack Obama’s. President Donald Trump’s cabinet was confirmed more slowly, but the Senate still respected the tradition of holding confirmation hearings prior to Trump’s inauguration.

But so far, no hearings have been held on President-elect Joe Biden’s nominees — meaning Biden could face a serious delay in getting his administration ready to begin governing.

The Senate, which will still be led by Mitch McConnell for a little over a week, is currently out of session and will remain out of session until January 19, the day before President-elect Joe Biden takes office (technically, the Senate will hold brief “pro forma” sessions on the 12th and the 15th, but no business is conducted at these sessions).

As CNN’s Kylie Atwood notes, this is the first time in at least 10 presidential transitions where the incoming president’s nominee to be secretary of state won’t even have a confirmation hearing before that president’s Inauguration Day. And it’s unclear whether any hearings will be held before the Senate is scheduled to reconvene on January 19.

The Senate Finance Committee announced on Tuesday that it will hold a confirmation hearing for Treasury Secretary nominee Janet Yellen on January 19, the Armed Services Committee will hold a hearing for Defense Secretary nominee Lloyd Austin on the same day, and Homeland Security Secretary nominee Alejandro Mayorkas will also reportedly receive a hearing on the 19th.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #62873 on: January 12, 2021, 09:24:52 PM »

Was driving a rental yesterday on my way back from a short trip......didnt have SIRRIUS in the car

And what should I find?  Our old pal Bill O'Reilly, back on ABC-NY late nights following Levin

I thank Bill for my new quote at the bottom here - and for an excellent listen.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #62874 on: January 12, 2021, 09:36:19 PM »

8-11

Morning show would irk you as well - though all mentioned do have guests that represent the other side and are treated quite fairly

I watch a little Juan Williams getting ganged up on from time to time, on the panel show on around 4-5p. I assume they pay him well to hang out with idiots.

I don't watch the Fox morning stuff, usually my morning mix is CNBC and CNN.

I like to start my day with reliable reporting, and facts that may prove useful.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #62875 on: January 12, 2021, 09:48:25 PM »

Was driving a rental yesterday on my way back from a short trip......didnt have SIRRIUS in the car

And what should I find?  Our old pal Bill O'Reilly, back on ABC-NY late nights following Levin

Do your brown shirts come back from the cleaners on hangers or boxed?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62876 on: January 12, 2021, 10:07:04 PM »

Either way, freshly oppressing.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62877 on: January 12, 2021, 10:19:37 PM »

Your brain cancer is acting up making you more of a syphilitic crackhead and less of anything else.

You are a real shame and a tragedy, kid. Try not to infect your neighbors.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62878 on: January 12, 2021, 10:22:16 PM »

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/democrats-jim-jordan-house-rules-committee

Jim Jordan finally admits that Biden won fairly.
No, he admits he won. Big difference.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #62879 on: January 12, 2021, 10:37:40 PM »

Peace, Larry.
Pages: 1 ... 4190 4191 [4192] 4193 4194 ... 4288