Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4200 4201 [4202] 4203 4204 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583732 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #63015 on: January 14, 2021, 05:24:11 AM »

I just thought that up, so haven't thought it through thoroughly or considered any drawbacks.  But it seems to make a lot of sense.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Solutionologist ...
« Reply #63016 on: January 14, 2021, 06:14:30 AM »

Shouldn't everyone simply have a national voter ID registration #?
And when you transfer it to another state, by showing proof of residence there, that state activates it in a national database which deactivates the previous state registration.  Could provide a voter reg number at birth which activates on one's 18th birthday -- and make whatever arrangements for voting eligible immigrants.

Benefits:
- Every eligible American would be registered to vote. 
- there would be no chance of double voting
- a national database would be easy to keep track of deaths, already recorded by SS and states, so they'd just need to entered into the voter reg system.  So voting rolls would stay up to date.

Dems can support such a system as it gets every eligible voter automatically registered.  Hopefully increasing turnout and ease of voting.  GOP can support the anti-fraud measures, so no one can be registered in multiple states and dead folks would be off the rolls.

Problems?

No problems.
Great idea.
Numbered
National.
Forgeproof.
Photo.
Signature.
Everyone eligible to vote gets one.
The People might say no though. They seem to not like doing what the govt wants.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 06:21:30 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63017 on: January 14, 2021, 06:34:12 AM »

Any Republican Senators who vote to convict Trump in the impeachment can forget about ever running for President or Vice President in the future.

So, you think better they vote based on selfish interests than the good of the country?

How terribly consistent of you!

Many of the faithful would likely see them as traitors and never vote for them.

Which is not even slightly responsive to what I asked.

"Look after yourself first in this world,  son...because nobody else will".
They each should be doing the best thing for themselves.

What would I do?
Now there's a good question.
The best for team bambu, for sure and certain. Whatever that might be.
It might be that I'd be too sick to attend the senate that day..."violently ill with terrible food poisoning."

Good of the country?
The country would not fall on my one vote.

If you were in government, it is possible that your one vote would determine if a president was removed from office or not.

That's the issue - do you pursue your own power-seeking agenda or do you do what is better for the country?

I'm not big on "country", country puts innocent people in prison, ruins lives.
If senator I got sick, could not work, finished up on the street homeless, living under a tarp, would the "country" care?
Most likely not.
Remove the President from office?
This one is leaving anyway...in a few days.

I'd probably be loyal to the Party, and the voters who elected me.

Yup, you would be a Trump supporter, even if you thought he caused the insurrection.

You'd have been a loyal Nazi to the end.

If you ever wonder why we treat you with such disgust so much of the time, it is because you would throw other people who had done you no harm under the bus to look good to your allies.

I might not be you know...I must have universal healthcare and the wall.

Depending on your party, yes. Loyal follower of party over good.

We get it, Bambu. You don't need to convince us further that you are an unprincipled slimeball.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63018 on: January 14, 2021, 08:03:45 AM »

Any Republican Senators who vote to convict Trump in the impeachment can forget about ever running for President or Vice President in the future.

Only if they run as Republicans, instead of as Americans who are loyal to the US Constitution.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #63019 on: January 14, 2021, 08:10:05 AM »

From WaPo: Shortly after pleading not guilty to murder and weapons charges earlier this month, Kyle Rittenhouse showed up at a bar in Mount Pleasant, Wis., clad in a T-shirt that said “Free as F***,” prosecutors said. Then the 18-year-old allegedly drank three beers, posed for photos with members of Proud Boys and flashed a “white power” hand sign.m

In case you had any doubt. That piece and the photo they have should play well at his trial, when the prosecutor is explaining motive to the jury.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #63020 on: January 14, 2021, 08:12:27 AM »

Rudy is getting the Bill Cosby treatment:

Middlebury College has made the decision to revoke the honorary degree it presented to the presidential attorney Rudolph Giuliani in 2005, and has communicated this to Mr. Giuliani's office," the college said in a statement on January 12.

Curious why he ever got one, the little shit.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #63021 on: January 14, 2021, 09:18:36 AM »

Middlebury College has made the decision to revoke the honorary degree it presented to the presidential attorney Rudolph Giuliani in 2005, and has communicated this to Mr. Giuliani's office," the college said in a statement on January 12.

Because he was lionized as “America’s Mayor” after his pre 9/11 security fuck up put him in the Na national spotlight  on 9/11.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63022 on: January 14, 2021, 09:22:26 AM »

And when you transfer it to another state, by showing proof of residence there, that state activates it in a national database which deactivates the previous state registration.  Could provide a voter reg number at birth which activates on one's 18th birthday -- and make whatever arrangements for voting eligible immigrants.

Benefits:
- a national database would be easy to keep track of deaths, already recorded by SS and states, so they'd just need to entered into the voter reg system.  So voting rolls would stay up to date.

Dems can support such a system as it gets every eligible voter automatically registered.  Hopefully increasing turnout and ease of voting.  GOP can support the anti-fraud measures, so no one can be registered in multiple states and dead folks would be off the rolls.

Problems?

Ballot harvesting.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63023 on: January 14, 2021, 09:23:19 AM »

Wow

This is a life changer
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #63024 on: January 14, 2021, 09:57:30 AM »

Benefits:

Problems?

Ballot harvesting.

Bullshit
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63025 on: January 14, 2021, 10:01:52 AM »

Wow

This is a life changer

As with your saving roll fail on what Lindsay Graham is going to go through for the rest of his life, you fail to appreciate what makes Rudy emotionally thrive - adulation.

For him, this is a life changer.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #63026 on: January 14, 2021, 10:19:48 AM »

You wanted verification, Kid?! Here it is.

Here we have the group that Rep. Boebert led around the Capitol Building on Jan 5. We know that because she posted it to her Instagram account.

They were at the Capitol again on the 6th, but without a tour guide. At least one of these people has been arrested already.

Bombshell!  Also note that at least two of the circled traitors (the ones to the far right) are making the "Wp" (White Power) symbol with their hand over their heart.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 10:26:18 AM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #63027 on: January 14, 2021, 10:23:15 AM »

I believe that picture has been shown to have been taken a few months prior in Colorado.  Boebert is an abject moron and I'm not sure she needs any phony memes to demonstrate it.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63028 on: January 14, 2021, 10:43:44 AM »

I believe that picture has been shown to have been taken a few months prior in Colorado.  Boebert is an abject moron and I'm not sure she needs any phony memes to demonstrate it.

Got a citation for that? I'll take it down, if so. (I will also look, myself.)

And it's 4 of them with that symbol.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #63029 on: January 14, 2021, 10:48:05 AM »

Got a citation for that? I'll take it down, if so. (I will also look, myself.)

And it's 4 of them with that symbol.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/verify/verify-lauren-boebert-photos/73-17a9f881-40c0-40d6-8087-8da2efdebf97
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan
Pages: 1 ... 4200 4201 [4202] 4203 4204 ... 4288