Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4201 4202 [4203] 4204 4205 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1592959 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #63030 on: January 14, 2021, 10:49:20 AM »

I believe that picture has been shown to have been taken a few months prior in Colorado.  Boebert is an abject moron and I'm not sure she needs any phony memes to demonstrate it.

Got a citation for that? I'll take it down, if so. (I will also look, myself.)

And it's 4 of them with that symbol.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/verify/verify-lauren-boebert-photos/73-17a9f881-40c0-40d6-8087-8da2efdebf97

Thanks.

Just found that, too!

Down it comes plus I will tell others who shared it with me that that is so.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63031 on: January 14, 2021, 11:02:58 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/13/politics/donald-trump-rudy-giuliani-legal-fees-white-house/index.html

Trump's ordered his folks not to pay Rudy because Trump's upset at having been impeached.

Is anybody (other than is adherents) surprised?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63032 on: January 14, 2021, 11:11:37 AM »

I think Bambu was wrong (nor should that surprise anybody) with his assessment of the political prospects of those who voted to impeach and those who would vote to convict President Trump. Not totally wrong - a bunch of those folks are going to have a hard time.

But...
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/14/politics/tom-rice-south-carolina-impeachment/index.html

Rep. Tom Rice (R-SC) explained his vote very effectively, IMO, and while it might get him primaried in 2022, I expect he will win that pretty easily - and while I don't expect him to run for president, I don't think this vote would hurt him in such a run nearly as much as it would help him.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63033 on: January 14, 2021, 11:23:11 AM »

I believe that picture has been shown to have been taken a few months prior in Colorado.  Boebert is an abject moron and I'm not sure she needs any phony memes to demonstrate it.

The DEMONSTRATION is of how far Democrats will go to soil the image of the other side.

Thanks for clearing it up, YG.  You are a great American.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #63034 on: January 14, 2021, 11:31:14 AM »

The funny thing about stiffing Rudy is Trump just raised something like $180M off the notion that the election was stolen, a delusion which Rudy did a lot to publicize and keep alive.  Sure $20K per day is a hefty fee even for political whoring and peddling anti-democratic falsehoods.  But over 2+ months that's still less than $1.5M, less than 1% of the take.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63035 on: January 14, 2021, 11:32:09 AM »

The DEMONSTRATION is of how far Democrats will go to soil the image of the other side.

Because you would never post something that was factually wrong!

And, of course, you always admit it when you make a mistake.

/guffaws/

barton

« Reply #63036 on: January 14, 2021, 11:43:48 AM »

https://www.mediamatters.org/congress/gop-backed-qanon-congressional-nominee-lauren-boebert-rallied-far-right-militia-colorado

Taken in July.   Yep.

I'm more an Independent than ever,  as both Left and Right continue to disappoint with putting persuasion and sophistry and ideological dogma before finding truth and doing  public service.   
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 11:49:28 AM by barton »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63037 on: January 14, 2021, 11:51:00 AM »

The funny thing is the extent they are going for a relative weakling newbie like Boebert.  They are just crafting their hit job because she opened her mouth on a few things

Sad, sad, sad...

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #63038 on: January 14, 2021, 11:52:02 AM »

Thanks for clearing it up, YG.  You are a great American.

Birth Certificate
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #63040 on: January 14, 2021, 12:01:29 PM »

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, Oath Keepers are “one of the largest radical anti-government groups in the US today”, claiming to have tens of thousands of current and former law enforcement and military personnel in its ranks.

The user’s Zello messages also bear strong resemblance to posts on Watkin’s Parler profile, according to our research: “Yeah. We stormed the Capitol today. Teargassed, the whole, 9,” she wrote on Parler. “Pushed our way into the Rotunda. Made it into the Senate even.”

Watkins, who could not be reached for comment, told the Journal that she did not believe she had done anything wrong.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/13/zello-app-us-capitol-attack-far-right

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63041 on: January 14, 2021, 12:12:26 PM »

Donald Trump is now officially hopeless.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63042 on: January 14, 2021, 12:15:22 PM »

What is your hope for him?

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #63043 on: January 14, 2021, 12:21:57 PM »

Boebert has intentionally tried to stir things up, has supported Trump's fictional election fraud, and has made Congress a more dangerous place by carrying her gun around and making it more likely other GOPers will as well.

Day of the rally/insurrection, Boebert tweeted about that day being 1776.
Then during the attack, tweeted about Pelosi's movements.
Draw your own conclusions.  Not surprising some calling for her censure or ouster.

She's a gun extremist, who owns a restaurant where the waitresses work while packing.  And apparently she wants Congress to be similar.  Her mother is a big Qanon follower, and Boebert has given her tours through Capitol building.
https://coloradosun.com/2021/01/14/lauren-boebert-first-week-in-congress/
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 07:37:34 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63044 on: January 14, 2021, 12:26:29 PM »

What is your hope for him?

Has nothing to do with me, Kid.

That was not an opinion. It was a statement of fact.
Pages: 1 ... 4201 4202 [4203] 4204 4205 ... 4288