Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4260 4261 [4262] 4263 4264 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1602490 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #63915 on: January 20, 2021, 03:00:15 PM »

I like that Joe was explicit that America will confront and defeat white supremacy and domestic terrorism. It’s only 170 or 180 years overdue, but better late than never.

Trump insured the survival and expansion of the Affordable Care Act. I give him credit for that. He also did nothing to extend the lifespan of the failing fossil fuel industry while discrediting permanently hundreds if not thousands of right wing pundits, politicians, and religious leaders, as well as tarnishing the reputations of all who try to present themselves as wealthy titans of industry.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63916 on: January 20, 2021, 03:05:53 PM »

Objectively speaking he improved the VA appeal process, halted mass illegal immigration, and temporarily stopped entry by jihadists.

Objectively speaking, he did the first of those, gave lip service to the second, and did nothing with the third, since few of the countries on his list had been sending any to us to begin with.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63917 on: January 20, 2021, 03:17:27 PM »

Fifth column Beau made a nice list of trump accomplishments, though he put in a couple of nit picks as well,

http://youtu.be/1M6CXhUS-x8

It does help me get my head around a more conservative point of view.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63918 on: January 20, 2021, 03:21:31 PM »

Many people believe that Trump's border wall, so called "Muslim ban" (ask victims of 9/11, Boston bombings, and terror attacks in Europe what they think), tax cuts, foreign policy and trade policies (and the 1,000,000 jobs they created) were great for America.

And?

And Trump did things that were good.
Go woke, go broke.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63919 on: January 20, 2021, 03:26:19 PM »

Fac

You embody what you pretend to be against

You are incapable of being inclusive, sadly.

I’m bigoted against insurrectionists, fascists, thugs, and creeps.

If we’re going to develop that close warm bond Uno wishes for us, you are going to have to pick yourself up and remove yourself from all four of those categories.

"And so today, at this time, in this place, let’s start afresh, all of us.  Let’s begin to listen to one another again, hear one another, see one another, show respect to one another.  Politics doesn’t have to be a raging fire destroying everything in its path. 

Every disagreement doesn’t have to be a cause for total war.  And we must reject the culture in which facts themselves are manipulated and even manufactured."  ---President Biden

I know. Getting in on Kid this morning for his DTs causing his unavoidable flobee mishaps and his persistent inability to string words together in any way that makes even the slightest sense went against the spirit of unity and cooperation spreading magically throughout the land and warming all hearts.

Rejecting the culture in which facts themselves are manipulated and even manufactured means following the facts all the way to justice under the law. It’s not a get out of jail free card for criminals who stand against the constitution.

We need a thorough investigation of the republican terror cartel and its vigorous crime spree of the last four years. We need to repair harms and punish perpetrators and prevent the deep perversions of this group from taking new root anywhere.

It should be done, but by Congress. Biden's focus should be towards solving the virus and the economy. He keeps the focus there, and the healing will come.

Now consider toning down your own rhetoric, or at least ponder where your rhetoric invites true consideration from those who feel differently than you. Too often, IMO, your words here are as much a part of the problem as you claim to want to resolve.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #63920 on: January 20, 2021, 03:29:50 PM »

Objectively speaking he improved the VA appeal process, halted mass illegal immigration, and temporarily stopped entry by jihadists.

But he spawned a plethora of domestic jihadists.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #63921 on: January 20, 2021, 03:31:12 PM »

Many people believe that Trump's border wall, so called "Muslim ban" (ask victims of 9/11, Boston bombings, and terror attacks in Europe what they think), tax cuts, foreign policy and trade policies (and the 1,000,000 jobs they created) were great for America.

And?

Be kind to the Wizard from Oz. He doesn't seem to understand that he's said nothing regarding an accomplishment in that post.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #63922 on: January 20, 2021, 03:32:28 PM »

President Biden needs to wear hats, he needs to wear the cool hats like Humphrey Bogart wore. I just think our President would look cool in hats, he needs to add hats to his wardrobe.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hats off to Tony for cutting to the core issue of the day!

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #63923 on: January 20, 2021, 03:38:19 PM »

And?

That’s not what that means.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #63924 on: January 20, 2021, 03:39:33 PM »

Improved the VA appeal process, stopped mass immigration, and prevented an influx of jihadists.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #63925 on: January 20, 2021, 03:48:40 PM »

IMO, Trump's legacy is the SCOTUS appointments.

Nothing more, nothing less.

We will learn what that truly means in the coming years.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63926 on: January 20, 2021, 03:54:22 PM »

And?

That’s not what that means.

Building the wall was good.
Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63927 on: January 20, 2021, 03:56:45 PM »

And?

You mistake "many people believe" those things "were great for America" its actually being true.

Most of those "many people" also believe in the death penalty and oppose universal health care. Many of those many people think wearing masks is dumb and taking the vaccines would be, too.

That a belief is popular does not make it so.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #63928 on: January 20, 2021, 03:56:59 PM »

I think it was bad. I cancel you out.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63929 on: January 20, 2021, 03:58:18 PM »

Improved the VA appeal process, stopped mass immigration, and prevented an influx of jihadists.

It was only 1/3rd true the first time you posted it.
Pages: 1 ... 4260 4261 [4262] 4263 4264 ... 4288