Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4264 4265 [4266] 4267 4268 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584806 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #63975 on: January 20, 2021, 08:02:28 PM »

Anyone else wonder why ten members voted in the thread poll,  but there seem to be 11 votes?   Have we at long last found voter fraud?   Hehe.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63976 on: January 20, 2021, 08:08:02 PM »

Fox News anchor Chris Wallace on Wednesday praised Biden's "great" inaugural address, going as far as to deem it the best he's ever watched in his life.

"I thought it was a great speech," Wallace said. "I've been listening to these inaugural addresses since 1961 — John F. Kennedy, 'ask not.' I thought this was the best inaugural address I ever heard."

https://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-chris-wallace-calls-182800862.html
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63977 on: January 20, 2021, 08:18:19 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63978 on: January 20, 2021, 08:18:52 PM »

Ms. Psaki demonstrating what a real press briefing looks like. We know it's been over 4 years since you've seen a real one. So, check it out.

Questions. Answers. Reasonable. Non-combative. REFRESHING.

She's pretty sharp - look forward to the briefings as we go along

But today was a FAIL.  President Trump should always be called PRESIDENT Trump, if alluding to the man - and the Trump ADMINISTRATION when speaking of the group

Just saying "Trump" is disrespectful.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #63979 on: January 20, 2021, 08:20:38 PM »

President Biden issued a warning Wednesday to his appointees that a hostile workplace will not be allowed in his administration.

Addressing approximately 1,000 political appointees during a virtual swearing-in ceremony on his first day in the White House, Biden said: “I’m not joking when I say this: If you ever work with me and I hear you treat another colleague with disrespect, talk down to someone, I will fire you on the spot. No ifs, ands or buts.”

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-tells-appointees-i-will-fire-you-on-the-spot-for-showing-disrespect-to-colleagues-235922489.html
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #63980 on: January 20, 2021, 08:22:09 PM »

Ms. Psaki demonstrating what a real press briefing looks like. We know it's been over 4 years since you've seen a real one. So, check it out.

But today was a FAIL.  President Trump should always be called PRESIDENT Trump, if alluding to the man - and the Trump ADMINISTRATION when speaking of the group

Maybe you should model that for us, starting with President Biden.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #63981 on: January 20, 2021, 08:23:06 PM »

Agree totally.   Trump is disrespectful. 
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

barton

« Reply #63982 on: January 20, 2021, 08:26:14 PM »

Haha.

Kid is the etiquette expert who referred to a United States senator as a "stupid cunt. "

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63983 on: January 20, 2021, 08:36:26 PM »

Creep or Chump are his current full formal titles.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63984 on: January 20, 2021, 08:38:04 PM »

I like the new name for this topic!

Thanks, Liq!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63985 on: January 20, 2021, 08:40:22 PM »

Anyone else wonder why ten members voted in the thread poll,  but there seem to be 11 votes?   Have we at long last found voter fraud?   Hehe.

Californians have 1.5 votes to everyone else’s one vote for this congress. Apologies if it makes vote counting a little harder to follow. Tony & I account for that extra vote on account of Madame Vice President’s authority to weigh in and break ties.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63986 on: January 20, 2021, 08:41:38 PM »

ScoMo likes Mike Pence and Pompeo
Go woke, go broke.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #63987 on: January 20, 2021, 08:43:16 PM »

I like the new name for this topic!

Thanks, Liq!

It is certainly an upgrade.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63988 on: January 20, 2021, 08:53:46 PM »

Peter Doocy of FOX News was called on about twelfth - and had the only question about Biden's thoughts on Congress going ahead with an impeachment trial

Doocy was told he'd be next - then Psaki went to 4 others , returning to Doocy toward the end of the presser

Funny.

I also did not see OAN's Chanel Rion called on to ask a question - if she was even there.

A Brazilian reporter got 3 times the time as Doocy, including getting her first question in before him.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63989 on: January 20, 2021, 08:54:34 PM »

ScoMo likes Mike Pence and Pompeo

He may have them and I hope soon.
Pages: 1 ... 4264 4265 [4266] 4267 4268 ... 4288