Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584876 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #315 on: August 06, 2018, 09:43:23 PM »

Re:  the apartments and keeping certain people out - loooks like it was a business decision.    Trump always all business. - But if blacks were involved - you go play that victim card all day and all night.

Looks to whom?

Most of those interviewed said they were not aware of any discrimination. However, some of the records recount the stories of black rental applicants who said they were told no apartments were available, while whites sent to check on the same apartments were offered leases.

The records, posted on the FBI's Freedom of Information Act website, include a 1974 interview with a former doorman at a Trump building in Brooklyn.

A supervisor "told me that if a black person came to 2650 Ocean Parkway and inquired about an apartment for rent, and he, that is [redacted] was not there at the time, that I should tell him that the rent was twice as much as it really was, in order that he could not afford the apartment," the ex-doorman said.

Just business decisions.

You should join Sheriff Arpaio:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/who-is-america-joe-arpaio-says-hed-accept-a-blow-job-trump-1132325
Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio Tells Sacha Baron Cohen He'd Accept Oral Sex From Trump
I find Baron Cohen as "amusing" as Samantha Bee.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #316 on: August 06, 2018, 09:49:54 PM »

Hi guys!

Trump was fucked when Ty Cobb quit.

Trump thinks he can baffle Mueller with his bullshit and if you wanted to win in the court of public opinion that’s all well and good, but Rudy’s Schlick won’t work in court. Don’t worry about impeachment even if Dems take the House, no way they get a majority in the Senate.

But poor Junior is in the unenviable position of having his tit caught in the wringer and he doesn’t do shit without telling daddy.

Manafort is also fucked, his case is all paper and he has a long track record. Manafort and Gates brought in Pence to be VP.

The only question is how does 5he nation clean up the mess.

Meanwhile, OH-12 is wild.

So what are Dems finally running on and winning with? Healthcare. Who woulda thunk it.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #317 on: August 06, 2018, 09:51:48 PM »

First step: GO to TWITTER!

John Brennan's tweet to Trump, for example....

“If there is a scintilla of decency left in you,” he tweeted on June 16, responding to a Trump boast about his poll numbers, “you would focus on your responsibilities, not on yourself.”   

barton

« Reply #318 on: August 06, 2018, 09:56:12 PM »

Hiya,  Larry!

You asked a huge question - the government mess is huge.   Oh dear,  now that adjective is tainted,  too.   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 06, 2018, 11:00:10 PM »

Re:  the apartments and keeping certain people out - loooks like it was a business decision.

Caught like a roach in amber. There you are, self branded for all time the racist cracker. Nothing more needs be said.

Thank god your vote doesn’t count enough to make a difference.

It will when I relocate.

Not sure - Virginia, Mississippi or Vegas.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 06, 2018, 11:02:47 PM »

Well, thats the point isnt it?

The "tally" would include many whites as well as people of color.

Re:  the apartments and keeping certain people out - loooks like it was a business decision.    Trump always all business. - But if blacks were involved - you go play that victim card all day and all night.

No, Kiid.

What is the tally? You say he insults others just as much and in the same ways.

Seriously - are you going to be alright?

Forum - do we have someone keeping an eye on this guy.  I do worry.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 07, 2018, 12:27:42 AM »

Not sure - Virginia, Mississippi or Vegas.

I vote Mississippi.

Vegas would exacerbate your gambling proclivities.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 07, 2018, 12:30:28 AM »

I found it rather revealing when Trump started saying he was the least racist person on earth.

I thought for sure he'd say next that some of his best friends are dark hued.  Probably couldn't find a black friend to agree to that. 

Surprised he hasn't pointed to Ben Carson and said look at the fine Negro I picked to be Secretary of Darkies.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 07, 2018, 12:32:15 AM »

Well, thats the point isnt it?

The "tally" would include many whites as well as people of color.

No, Kiid.

What is the tally? You say he insults others just as much and in the same ways.

Seriously - are you going to be alright?

Forum - do we have someone keeping an eye on this guy.  I do worry.

Easier to worry about me than to actually back up your claims.

Trump's a racist. Has been for all his adult life.

Kid's an apologist. Has been for as long as anybody here has known him. And barely an apologist - more like an excuse-maker.

You and Joe Arpaio, servicing the president, together again.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 07, 2018, 12:34:53 AM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/08/05/trump-makes-bizarre-claim-that-tariffs-will-help-pay-down-massive-us-debt/?wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

Here's another item about which for Kiid to make feeble excuses that don't do the job.

Trump's understanding of trade is about as good as Kiid's understanding of racism.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 07, 2018, 12:37:49 AM »

I wonder how much of what Trump does is instinctual and how much is calculated.  He seems to be just going off his gut.

Does he wonder if disparaging LeBron will have some backlash because LBJ is as famous as Trump?  Does he consider that most of his supporters will understand that he's saying blacks are inferior and the racial message will get through.  Or does he just say/do whatever comes into his head and figure that he's gotten this far just being a Trumpian asshole, why change or think about it now.

I'm guessing that Trump just feels being Trump is a winning strategy, that his followers will support him whatever he does, that if he makes a mistake or loses it's going to be on his own terms and not due to be being careful and advised.   Also, I just think this is who he is, and he isn't about to change and probably couldn't if he wanted to.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 07, 2018, 01:08:59 AM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 07, 2018, 01:42:00 AM »

Kid, you totally deserve to live in Mississippi.

Trump misses Obama. That is why he is attacking LBJ. He thought he would like to be the center of attention, but now that he is the center of attention and the attentive see right through his bullshit, and there are so many more attentive than he thought, he doesn’t like the center so much. It makes him feel the cringing shame he used to feel when Roy Cohn would pass around his stash of donald trump nude pics to his friends or how he felt when his father would bring him to heel and make him beg and roll over.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 07, 2018, 02:22:18 AM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 07, 2018, 03:24:07 AM »

I see why someone would want to move out of trump’s new tornado alley.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-06/tornado-alley-moves-to-northeast-as-twister-lands-in-new-york

The NE was supposed to be a safe place to live.
Now this.
There goes that idea.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 4288