Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1594748 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #795 on: August 15, 2018, 11:13:07 PM »

I want to make New York Great! Again

Candidate Andrew Cuomo in 2010 running for NY Governor.

America was never that Great
NY Governor Andrew Cuomo yesterday

Good to see that he is learning.

But no - he walked his comment about America back. More's the pity.
Only to make it more laughably stupid. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 15, 2018, 11:51:06 PM »

I want to make New York Great! Again

Candidate Andrew Cuomo in 2010 running for NY Governor.

America was never that Great
NY Governor Andrew Cuomo yesterday

Good to see that he is learning.

But no - he walked his comment about America back. More's the pity.
Only to make it more laughably stupid.

Says the expert on stupid.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 15, 2018, 11:52:07 PM »

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/341/6149/976

One of the reasons the GOP is opposed to stopping poverty is that people in poverty make worse decisions.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #799 on: August 15, 2018, 11:56:09 PM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #800 on: August 15, 2018, 11:58:50 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 15, 2018, 11:59:56 PM »

'nuff said!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 16, 2018, 12:19:37 AM »

The GOP racists are at it again:
https://apnews.com/366440549dd049858fd296430361fb1c

"Let's shut down 77.7% of the polling places in this predominantly black county."

The Randolph County elections board is scheduled to meet Thursday to discuss a proposal that would eliminate seven of nine polling locations in the county, according to the American Civil Liberties Union of Georgia. Included in the proposed closures is Cuthbert Middle School where nearly 97 percent of voters are black.
In addition to statewide offices, Randolph County voters will also vote for state legislative seats in November. All nine polling locations were used during this year’s primary and Republican run-off, so it is unclear why the locations would be closed down, Andrea Young said.

Spare me the "prove it's racist" crap.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 16, 2018, 02:04:03 AM »

I am not an Omarosa fan.

I never watched The Apprentice and nothing I heard about her suggested to me that she had any business working in the White House. So, the train wreck of her being fired is of no shock to me whatsoever.

And every time she opens her mouth, I want her prosecuted.

But I have this one problem:

Her statements which were incredible are now credible.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/omarosa-price-silence-trump-aides-15k-campaign-records/story?id=57159377

She told the world that the Trump campaign or the Republican Party is still paying some former aides $15k per  month to keep silent. A look at the financial records confirms that some former aides are getting about that amount.

This is problematic. If it were just her making wild, unsubstantiable (and unsubstantiated) claims, nobody would care and with good cause. But having that part backed up by other people is not good for the President or his former aides. If that is true, one asks, what else is legit?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #804 on: August 16, 2018, 02:24:45 AM »

I am not an Omarosa fan.

I never watched The Apprentice and nothing I heard about her suggested to me that she had any business working in the White House. So, the train wreck of her being fired is of no shock to me whatsoever.

And every time she opens her mouth, I want her prosecuted.

But I have this one problem:

Her statements which were incredible are now credible.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/omarosa-price-silence-trump-aides-15k-campaign-records/story?id=57159377

She told the world that the Trump campaign or the Republican Party is still paying some former aides $15k per  month to keep silent. A look at the financial records confirms that some former aides are getting about that amount.

This is problematic. If it were just her making wild, unsubstantiable (and unsubstantiated) claims, nobody would care and with good cause. But having that part backed up by other people is not good for the President or his former aides. If that is true, one asks, what else is legit?

No one in this administration has any credibility but if they’re firing on each other you can bet they’re dishing truth.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 08:02:57 AM by LarryBnDC usetab Knicks12 »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 16, 2018, 03:39:27 AM »

Since we know payoffs, catch and kill, and other shady arrangements have been employed for years to keep little trump jr. from being bored by the replacement wives. There is no reason the creepy slime cadaver wouldn’t employ the same pressure tactics in his grand scheme to defraud the United States, what Red would call an “administration”.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 16, 2018, 07:53:15 AM »

Omarosa, too crazy for even the Donald. "The presidential apprentice", blurred lines between reality TV and reality. Entertaining but getting a bit tedious. Just bomb Iran, throw out the illegals, and leave in two years.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 16, 2018, 08:13:35 AM »

Wait. You're for "bomb"ing Iran?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 16, 2018, 09:24:05 AM »

Wait. You're for "bomb"ing Iran?
You seem surprised. Why?
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 16, 2018, 09:28:22 AM »

Iran is the best buddy of his idol Assad AND his candidate of choice, Tulsi Gabbard, is vociferously against it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 09:48:39 AM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 4288